llllxxGOWxxllll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Hello Everyone,

I need help in here, first m a noob in this DS thingy, i've just bought DSi for my daughter and someone told me that i need to have an R4i card for playing roms/games on my DSi. But m a more of a Playstation guy and i know nothing bout these things, so i also bought a card called R4i and i also have a spare DS Lite but the problem is that my DSi is updated to the 1.4.4U and someone at the gamestore told me that it cant be hacked so m really feeling stuck at one place and my daughter is yelling at me.So anyone of you know and tell me how to start from scratch dat would be great help for me...Thank for looking. :mellow:

2012-05-25231845.jpg

2012-05-25232303.jpg

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
First of all, you bought a bad clone. The original "R4" has not been produced in ages, all the "R4" carts you see nowadays are hardware copies, or other flash carts using the "R4" name to get sales.

So here's what's up with your situation right now.
http://gbatemp.net/topic/315784-flash-carts-and-dsi3ds-updates/
So you'd need to go get the firmware update for your cart from the site and apply it. There's two problems through.
1 - As the thread I linked points out, you need to be able to run the cart to update it, so unless you have an older DSi or DS/Lite model hanging around, you can't do it.
2 - The site for your clone appears to be dead anyways.

I suggest you buy a decent cart that has proper support/updates.
http://gbatemp.net/t290097-which-flash-cart-should-i-get
Get a Supercard DSTwo, "R4i Gold" from R4iDS.CN (NOT "R4i Gold Hyper" or anything like that), or Acekard 2i. Since your DSi is already updated, you'll need to make sure that the site you buy from updates the cart before sending it to you. Some sites do it automatically (make sure they list the 1.4.4 update and not 1.4.3 or earlier), some will give you the option of paying an extra $1 or whatever to do it, and some sites are lazy and don't do it at all.

If you need help finding online sites, check here.
http://shoptemp.net/

If all you have available are real stores, then again be careful when picking out a cart, as there's way more bad clones than decent ones when it comes to the "R4" label (part of the reason the DSTwo and Acekard 2i are recommended).

Reactions: 1 person

Alaude

Trophies
XP
Country
India
First of all, you bought a bad clone. The original "R4" has not been produced in ages, all the "R4" carts you see nowadays are hardware copies, or other flash carts using the "R4" name to get sales.

But Rydian as the user is also from India he did'nt have a choice because here any ds flashcart are either clones or duds.

llllxxGOWxxllll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Yeah I saw the flag, that's why I included the note about if he only has real shops (though it's not like that advice differs much from buying online now that I think about it.

And you're welcome, GOW.

Does play-asia has this card, if yes so i can order from there coz i always pre order my ps3 games from this website.

llllxxGOWxxllll

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Ok friends, i again went to a nother local gameshop and asked for acekard 2i and he said that i cant get it around here anywhere i was upset then i xplained him bout my situation and he said dat he has the same cards which i already own then he told me dat he does have one card lying around for nothing it was R4i TT PurpleCard and told me to see if this works, the card doesnt even had the micro sd luckily i was carrying one and at his shop i opened up a youtube link related to R4i TT card and thought of trying it out and i just cant believe it worked like a charm no hassle at all, then i asked him to give me this card and how much he wants for it he said 250Rs. it's like 5$ U.S and i happily paid him the amount and came back home...m so happy now..And i wanna thank to all people who came forward and shared thier views on this and helped me, also i request to mods to please remove this thread ASAP...ThankYou GBATemp Community :)

05.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGMeG0TbzNQ

Another World

Emulate the Planet!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
wiki.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Colombia
dealextreme ships to India. try dealextreme they got cheap and good flashcarts.

dealextreme hasn't carried flash kits for 2 years.

http://gbatemp.net/topic/202989-dealextreme-is-dead/

first they removed the products and hid the SKUs. users could still order if they manually entered the SKU number. then, a few weeks later, they finally removed all references to flash kits. their sister site was developed (priceangels) and the flash kits went on sale there. at this point i do not believe that the other site carries them either.

a few months ago most sites got shut down by paypal, thanks to nintendo. it is very hard to find a site that accepts paypal any longer and that pretty much killed off the resale business.

-another world

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: What Network is it on? I wanna see what you guys are talking about. N What time frame is it on...