Hacking Please help me "restore" the system software.

caribou007

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
A few years ago I attempted to modify system files to make this Wii capable of playing a backup of the dual-layer DVD game S.S.B. Melee. I was not successful due to the presence of an outdated modchip, the original Wiinja. However, I modified several system software modules and am wondering if I should now try to restore them to their original state or clean them up somehow.

I have the backups that I made at the time. I don't remember exactly what I changed, so this may give clues as they will have references to the tools I used.

In my Wii backups folder, there are three main folders:

- 4.3 Files
- BootMii Recovery Files
- Clean SD

I also see folders referring to DARKCORP-v1.1 and NeoGamma. I believe I used these tools to modify the version of some system module.

Is it a good idea, and is there a method, for cleaning up and restoring the system modules to an accepted "optimal" state?

Also, I would like to now sell this Wii. It is RVL-001. The Wiinja is still installed (professional job). Since the Wiinja is interfering with modern softmodding techniques, would it raise the Wii's value to remove the Wiinja?

nikeymikey

This is now a Spiderman thread.........
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If the wiinja is causing problems and you can remove it without causing damage to the drive, then i would do so.
Then you can install the homebrew channel if you dont already have it and then place a program called syscheck in the apps folder of your wii sd card, run syscheck from the homebrew channel, it will check all the system files on your wii and write a syscheck.csv to the root of your sd.
Then use a program called ModMii on your PC, drag the syscheck.csv onto the ModMii.exe and it will help you to softmod your wii properly and to reinstall everything needed to get it up to scratch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.