• Views 2,726
  • Replies 29
D

Deleted-447617

OP
Hi Gbatempers
Can someone help me with my pc
it wont post.
the ram psu cpu graphics card r all ok. recently i put new ram in it beqause the old one was faulty and after that. it wont boot i have several things done like clearing the cmos with the cmos jumper and the batery. doesnt work and i cant even go to the bios or os and yes i have triple checked everything and it still doesnt work
my specs ar:
Intel Cerelon E3400
Intel CPU Cooler
Samsung 2GB RAM ddr3
Nvidia Geforce graphics card GT320
ASUS P5G41T M LX motherboard
Seagate 360 GB Hdd
P Case psu 460w
and a Ehternet card
2 Dvd lasers 1 Writer/1 Reader
HP cd writer
Ports r on Graphics card:
HDMI and DVI
Ports Onboard
VGA Male
VGA Female
A port for connecting to phones
4 USB ports
Ehternet
PS Mouse
PS Keyboard
Headphone (green)
Mic (pink)
(Blue) idk
Pci wifi card
Pci graphics card
pci graphics card or ehternet x2
DIMM memory slot ddr3 x2
4 sata data ports
here ar some pics:
IMG_20180505_233000.jpg
IMG_20180505_233027.jpg

Tnx in advance

Attachments

• IMG_20180505_233042.jpg
    IMG_20180505_233042.jpg
    849.4 KB · Views: 210
Last edited by ,
D

Deleted-447617

OP
Did this problem start right after the new ram was put in or was it a little after?
what it really was it was that my mother use the pc before but she put there micro usb to usb a phone cable and phone into the pc and ..... pc turns right off and then turn it on again and the i got some amarican enterprices screen with THE SYSTEM WILL SHUT DOWN over 15 secs after that the ram was faulty and then i put the new ram in but then the 15 sec screen was gone but then the pc wont post :(

Captain_N

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
unplug all drives see if it posts. then try 1 ram at a time. Also the power supply can be going bad. If the voltage is dirty the cpu wont start up. The entire system will also lock up because the cpu is getting bad voltage. Check for any caps bulging at the top as well.
Faulty power supply make it seem the system is ok because it still turns on but you get no display usually.

Im actually currently replacing the c drive in my main desktop. Just bought a random WD 1TB hdd from best buy. Attempting a clone to the new drive so i dont have to use my older backup.

Uiaad

GBAtemp's resident guinea pig
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
agggghh sniped by @Captain_N

But yes the most important thing to do is to get the pc to post.
unplug anything that's not need for this, so unplug the CD/DVD drives and hard drives and also remove one stick of ram and attempt a boot

D

Deleted-447617

OP
unplug all drives see if it posts. then try 1 ram at a time. Also the power supply can be going bad. If the voltage is dirty the cpu wont start up. The entire system will also lock up because the cpu is getting bad voltage. Check for any caps bulging at the top as well.
Faulty power supply make it seem the system is ok because it still turns on but you get no display usually.

Im actually currently replacing the c drive in my main desktop. Just bought a random WD 1TB hdd from best buy. Attempting a clone to the new drive so i dont have to use my older backup.
what do you mean with caps bulging

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

unplug anything that's not need for this, so unplug the CD/DVD drives and hard drives and also remove one stick of ram and attempt a boot

i only got 1stick of ram

its already in good the clips r also in

D

Deleted-447617

OP
Looking at the pic of the inside, looks like you have 1 stick of ram in. I would try the other ram slot. If that did not help, try Captain_N and uiaad.

it still doesnt post

D

Deleted-447617

OP
Have you tried moving the stick of ram to the other slot ?
what it is if i connect it with HDMI DVI or VGA it makes contact but then it say No signal

Does the machine actually power on for a few seconds and then turn off or does it just do nothing at all ?
it powers on but i dont get signal but it is connected right :/ and it is always on no shutdown automatic

it is a Asus P5G41TM LX the motherboard

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over