Hacking Please help me get Monster Hunter Tri US NTSC running

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
I've been playing awhile after using this method and so far no freezing.
Just in case I haven't played online mode yet and the FMVs still stutter.
This is for disc loading.

Follow this steps and unplug anything from Gamecube (memory and controllers) before doing this.
1. Install IOS56-64-v5405 if you don't have it. Use DOP-Mii to install it.
http://filetrip.net/f9891-DOP-Mii-12.html

2. Download and run MulticIOS. Install IOS 37 as IOS 232.( something like "custom IOS37 with IOS37 rev7 dip as IOS232")
Online installer only. I assume many here know the risks. Connect your Wii and TV to a PC battery backup as a precaution.

Make sure it's 37, 37 ,232!

http://rapidshare.com/files/272876067/multicios.zip

3. Install SoftChip 102 (wad channel or boot.dol) and set it to use IOS 232 rev 7.
By default it's 249, but you can change it.
http://sites.google.com/site/completesg/ba...s/disc/softchip

I'm using this wad channel from the zip file.
SoftChipR102_STOC.wad (It's really R101 but still works)

This also works for Guitar Hero 5.

TheApatheticOne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just wanted to stop by and say I picked this up today, and immediately ran into the loud buzzing, but folling DarkWays step by step guide for us dummies, I had everything working flawlessly in a matter of minutes. Just wanted to say thanks, I appreciate it!!
yaywii.gif

Twin989

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the game locks up on the loading screen for an online quest whenever im in a party with more than 2 people. Its weird because i've played the singleplayer for a while and encountered no problems whatsoever.

dgwillia

The Bacon Lover
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Twin989 said:
the game locks up on the loading screen for an online quest whenever im in a party with more than 2 people. Its weird because i've played the singleplayer for a while and encountered no problems whatsoever.

Guess im not the only one then, the one time i tried to do an Online Quest it locked up. So far the only issue i have involves menu's and inactivity. (Its wierd, if i dont press a button for a certain amount of time, the game locks up), im on Hermes V5 and Customizable USB Loader. Planning to try another Iso tonight to see if it was just a bad dump, waiting for someone to post one of the retail discs that came out yesterday

kupo3000

Trophies
XP
Country
Has nobody tried the method I posted?
You also have the benefit of playing guitar hero 5.
I tried online mode without freezing (I can walk and talk), but a connectivity problem message appeared and sended me back to choose offline or online.
Right now my ISP is giving me bandwidth issues.

Gombay

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
DarkWay said:
I'm presuming your Wii is connected to Wifi and I'm presuming you have the homebrew channel, so this is basically what you need to do:-

1. Go to This Topic and download the cIOSX rev19.
2. To set it up create a folder named cIOSX in your apps folder then place the cIOSX_rev19-Installer.dol
inside the cIOSX folder and rename it boot.dol (so the setup should look like this F:\APPS\cIOSX\boot.dol).
3. Load up the homebrew channel and start up cIOSX rev19.
4. For the first option that appears click (A) on 249.
5. You should now get a warning screen press (A) to continue.
6. Here keep pressing right until you see IOS 37 once you've found it press (A) to continue.
7. Now it will ask you where you want to install from you can either do it from a .WAD or you can use the network option so it downloads and installs everything for you for this guide I'm presuming your connected to Wifi so press right until you see the network option and press (A) to continue.
8. I can't remember if it installs it straight away or asks whether your sure you want to do this but if it does ask if you want to do it press (A) to continue.
9. Wait until the words "press any button to continue" appear on the screen then do as it says, this should restart your Wii.
10. Load up your Loader of preference and find your Monster Hunter Tri, I'm not sure if you have to do this for NTSC Wii's aswell but for Pal Wii's go to the load options of the game and make sure you change the TV setting to NTSC and load it from IOS 249.
11. Load the game and enjoy, hopefully if you've done everything right you won't have any trouble with the freezing buzzing screen when you chose to begin the game
smile.gif

I hope my instructions are clear enough
yay.gif

as I said before Hezkore is the one that pointed me in the right direction and the video above is his so the credit goes to him really
smile.gif

enjoy peeps
I just tried this method and now USB Loader GX can't read my USB drive! It's weird because the two other USB loaders that I've tried can (Uloader and Configurable USB Loader). Do I just need to update USB Loader GX now or something? My hard drive was connected to my Wii when I went through the steps to install IOS37 if that makes a difference. Any help is appreciated.

Joevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello everyone. I got the game since it was released and have been playing since then. Mostly online, but now I decided to beat offline mode and here's my problem. I killed the last boss, I get the 2 cut scenes and the credits show up. During the credits the music gets stuck, it repeats the same 3-4 secs of the track and after the credits are over the game remains on a black screen. I never had any other problem with the game. I use Uloader v 5.0 I believe. My wii is 4.1U. Like I said the game runs fine otherwise. I tried to see if it was a one of a time thing, but after watching the same thing 5 times in a row I got tired. Tried searching online, but no luck. Hope someone can help me here.
biggrin.gif

Joevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried that. Now it freezes during the end movie. :/

EDIT: Okay I simply burned my image into a disc and it worked using Uloader, same settings as the usb.
smile.gif
Movie has a few freezes, but it ended and I beated the game officially.
biggrin.gif

mikey1980

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey first thing is THANK U for getting the game to work DARKWAY :-) ..

BUT a HUGE PROBLEM now is that my Loader dosnt work.. I have 2 loaders on my wii .. Wii flow and Covefloader... Now 1 of them DOSNT WORK AT ALL :-((( ... So what now , do u or anyone know what to do .. I can see im not the onle one with this problem.

My wii is PAL 4.1 and when i open the loader , it just stuck at the loading screen of it :-(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Andy didn't get any catholic toys because they wouldn't go limp when they saw him