please help me decide!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kofman13, Sep 29, 2011.

Sep 29, 2011

please help me decide! by kofman13 at 10:50 PM (544 Views / 0 Likes) 2 replies

1. kofman13
    OP

Member kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I am new to all of this stuff.
    I am about to get my first nintendo handheld. trying to choose between DS lite and 3DS. here are my concerns:
    today i could get a used working DS Lite with charger for $60 from someone i know, and a cheap flash card ( not sure which one is best actually).
    Or... get a 3DS for $150 and a flash card for that and still play DS roms ( dont know how much flash cart for 3ds is)

NOW...

here are more concerns. if and when there is a kart than can play 3ds roms, will it just be a software upgrade to the current 3ds karts? or a new one? and in terms of how long it takes to develop a real 3ds rom playing cart, does it make sense to buy a 3DS for the DS games and then upgrade cards for 3ds roms later?

or if it is going to take years to get an affordable ( under $100) REAL 3DS rom cart, then i should just pay measly $60 for a DS lite and upgrade to 3ds when there is a kart years later

some advice? THANKs

ALSO then there is the fear of nintendo forcing background FW updates? any updates on that issue?

EDIT: if i am going to hold off for the 3DS for a LONG TIME , should i get a DS lite for $65 or a DSi for $90

2. s4mid4re

Member s4mid4re  

United States

3. kofman13
    OP

Member kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    i dont really care what i play now, just want something. i dont mind getting a 3ds and playing DS games on it while waiting for a real 3ds cart (ds games will run better and look better on better screen?) but if the probability is very low for a 3ds rom playing cart soon or affordable, then i should get a DSL