please help me decide!

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by kofman13, Sep 29, 2011.

1. kofman13
    OP

kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    I am new to all of this stuff.
    I am about to get my first nintendo handheld. trying to choose between DS lite and 3DS. here are my concerns:
    today i could get a used working DS Lite with charger for $60 from someone i know, and a cheap flash card ( not sure which one is best actually).
    Or... get a 3DS for $150 and a flash card for that and still play DS roms ( dont know how much flash cart for 3ds is)

NOW...

here are more concerns. if and when there is a kart than can play 3ds roms, will it just be a software upgrade to the current 3ds karts? or a new one? and in terms of how long it takes to develop a real 3ds rom playing cart, does it make sense to buy a 3DS for the DS games and then upgrade cards for 3ds roms later?

or if it is going to take years to get an affordable ( under $100) REAL 3DS rom cart, then i should just pay measly $60 for a DS lite and upgrade to 3ds when there is a kart years later

some advice? THANKs

ALSO then there is the fear of nintendo forcing background FW updates? any updates on that issue?

EDIT: if i am going to hold off for the 3DS for a LONG TIME , should i get a DS lite for $65 or a DSi for $90

2. s4mid4re

s4mid4re  

Apr 2, 2011
    United States

3. kofman13
    OP

kofman13 GBAtemp Regular

Sep 29, 2011
    United States
    i dont really care what i play now, just want something. i dont mind getting a 3ds and playing DS games on it while waiting for a real 3ds cart (ds games will run better and look better on better screen?) but if the probability is very low for a 3ds rom playing cart soon or affordable, then i should get a DSL

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice