Hacking Please help a noob with an Acekard 2i

sniperseyes

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TF (transflash ) the tiny black card in the acekard.

you put the file on it , run the file once its in a regular ds/lite/i

and make sure it works, the little card logo should change when its in your 3ds to a chessmaster one.

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rob1077 said:
Whats a TF Card? You guys use so many abbreviations its confusng!!
smile.gif
TransFlash card - it's the same as SD card.

in other words, put the updater in your micro SD card and run it from your acekard (just like loading a game).

Rob1077

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thats cool.

So once I put the new firmware onto the TF Card, then put the TF card into the Acekard, and then put it into the OLD DS. It will automatically update. Once thats done, its then safe to put the Acekward into my 3ds?

Nicole Luyben

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rob1077 said:
And theres no way I would damage the old DS? I'm borrowing it from a friend.

Dont worry, it is safe, man...Just follow the update steps,wont ruin your friend's DS.... Just read all the replies...you will know it completely!

1.Download the AK2i kernel and ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSi142.zip patch
2.Put the files in your SD card (TF card ) , choose the ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL.nds because you use the DS to update
3.Insert the Ak2i and SD card into your DS console and power on!
4.When the screen shows AK2i UI , just follow the update steps and finish it .
5 Done!

Rob1077

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
So I still use the latest Acekard firewall update for 3ds 2.0...even if its on an OLD DS? Its still compatible yeah???

s4mid4re

Trophies
Website
v4.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Rob1077 said:
So I still use the latest Acekard firewall update for 3ds 2.0...even if its on an OLD DS? Its still compatible yeah???
yes but be sure to use the updater that says "ak2ifw_update_3ds_v2_DSL.nds" (not to mistake the 'L' with an 'I')

it's the second .nds file in the compressed folder.

Rob1077

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
okay im doing it tomorrow. I'll let you know how it goes

see I read the guide and it was all supposed to be so easy! I Never read the bit about not udpating the 3ds first! I wonder what other pitfalls there are for noobs with no clue about all this stuff!!

molh394

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
Whenever you see an official update by Nintendo or any other gaming company, you should suspect that the update will try to prevent flashcarts and other "hacking" or supposedly illicit devices from being used. If you think about it, that's what a gaming company would do.

After all the flashcarts access the (3)DS-es through exploits, which are essentially 'holes' in the code which give access when it's not supposed to. Once those exploits are detected (e.g. by Nintendo noticing that flashcarts are using them) it does make sense for the company to patch them up.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: That sick boy yo