Booting Godmode9 is opening Luma3ds configs

velocity644

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i was following a tutorial on how to homebrew my friends 3ds. I had done it on my 3ds so i figured it wouldnt be that hard doing it again. I followed the totoorial and after almost all steps, it hit the Godmode9 section. it told me to turn the 3ds off then power it back on while holding select to boot up the godmode9 menu BUT THIS DIDNT WORK FOR ME! Instead it opened the Luma3ds configuration. If anyone can help me out here, please do. Thanks. this is the video i was following by the way - (i had just gotten to the godmode9 section of the video)

UPDATE: I FOUND IT OUT, either the video told me to press the wrong button while holding the power button or i'm stupid.
yet another update: i'm stupid.

Last edited by velocity644,

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
So i was following a tutorial on how to homebrew my friends 3ds. I had done it on my 3ds so i figured it wouldnt be that hard doing it again. I followed the totoorial and after almost all steps, it hit the Godmode9 section. it told me to turn the 3ds off then power it back on while holding select to boot up the godmode9 menu BUT THIS DIDNT WORK FOR ME! Instead it opened the Luma3ds configuration. If anyone can help me out here, please do. Thanks. this is the video i was following by the way - (i had just gotten to the godmode9 section of the video)

UPDATE: I FOUND IT OUT, either the video told me to press the wrong button while holding the power button or i'm stupid.
yet another update: i'm stupid.

Please don't follow video guides, those get outdated quickly and spread wrong information. Follow the officialguide instead:

https://3ds.hacks.guide/

Btw, as I said, that video is wrong, because you should hold START to bring up GodMode9 menu, not SELECT.

The SELECT button is doing its job, that button is mapped to open the Luma3DS config options.

Reactions: SylverReZ

bigskribbz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
holding the select button is not just for gm9, but for all .firms. If you only have one firm, it will automatically boot to that (i think)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Que dices?