Votes: 3 7.7%

• Total voters

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
That would imply you take a cylinder and drill a hole through it, which is why I would go with "no holes" option.
not only cylinder, you can make a pass-through hole on a metal sheet, a plane surface, the wall of a cylinder, etc. summary, is a hole which goes from a side to other of the any solid object.

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
not only cylinder, you can make a pass-through hole on a metal sheet, a plane surface, the wall of a cylinder, etc. summary, is a hole which goes from a side to other of the any solid object.
Well - what If I had a long piece of string that didn't have a hole. Then I created a circle with the string and joined both free ends in it - would that string now be classed as a hole or a thin straw? or just a bit of string?

The thing is, we all know what a bit of string is, we all know what a straw is and we all know what a woman is and we all know what a man dressing up as a woman is.

Last edited by mrdude,

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Please this question has a very obvious answer and there's only a valid argument for like 2 of these options. Literally everyone I know came up with the same objectively wrong answer so please restore my faith in humanity
That's a pretty subjective way of looking at it.

Theoretically speaking, if you use a pin to poke holes into the sides, it could be quite a variant, not to mention the two ends of the original straw, which can be interpreted as two holes or a single hole with two ends. It's really, I would think, dependent on a number of considerations.

Esdeath

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yup, but in context with straws it would be a cylinder with a pass-through to achieve a straw.

If we go with this it is indeed a hole, but per definition (at least in german) a hole is something where material was and now isn't anymore (regardless if was intentional or not). Not an expert when it comes to the manufacturing of straws, but pretty sure that they won't produce a plastic cylinder and drill through it.

Last edited by Esdeath,
  • Love
Reactions: impeeza

mrdude

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
That's a pretty subjective way of looking at it.

Theoretically speaking, if you use a pin to poke holes into the sides, it could be quite a variant, not to mention the two ends of the original straw, which can be interpreted as two holes or a single hole with two ends. It's really, I would think, dependent on a number of considerations.
Or you could just get a knife and cut a long straight line down the side of it, flatten it and then it would just be a rectangular bit of plastic or paper.
Post automatically merged:

what has this to do with humanity? i thought someone's gonna talk about how FUCKING JAPAN'S gonna dump 120 MILLION tons of nuclear dirtied water into the sea which will certainly fuck everyone and every sea lives.

JESUS CRIST! :hateit:

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/premium/article/fukushima-japan-nuclear-wastewater-pacific-ocean

SOMEONE PLS HUNG ME.
And what could you differently? Create a large reservoir so it evapourated? Build a big storage tank to keep it in - then what? What's your solution to getting rid of it? You probably don't have one and the people with the common sense have already thought of the best case scenarion, put it in the sea, let it dilute and break down. PS do you even know what you're talking about or getting worried over? Have you done a degree in nuclear science and know how radioctive this water is in parts per million and comapred that to what exactly. i suspect you hear the phrase"nuclear waste" and go into instant meltdown mode.

Last edited by mrdude,

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yup, but in context with straws it would be a cylinder with a pass-through to achieve a straw.

If we go with this it is indeed a hole, but per definition (at least in german) a hole is something where material was and now isn't anymore (regardless if was intentional or not). Not an expert when it comes to the manufacturing of straws, but pretty sure that they won't produce a plastic cylinder and drill through it.
My guess is, one part of the plant churns out a continuous tube of plastic, and it then continues to pass through a slicer, then a separator, counter, and again separated into boxes/bags.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work