PlayStation VR2 launch window announced

PSVR 2.JPG

Sony has been providing news about its PlayStation VR2 headset in bite-sized fashion. After teasing specs details, the company has now provided a launch window for the peripheral via a Twitter post:

According to the official PlayStation Twitter account, the PSVR 2 is expected to launch sometime in "early 2023". An exact launch date and price has yet to be announced.

:arrow: SOURCE

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
any differences between this and the original though?
You could say the difference in specs going from PSVR1 to PSVR2 is a bigger "generational" leap than PS4 to PS5.

Excited for this but they really need to ensure there is a stream of constant high quality games but I'm not holding my breath.

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will PSVR1 games be backwards compatible with it though? And can the headset be used outside of Playstation, like on PC with Steam VR games?

Reactions: deSSy2724

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your marriage needs saving, more gaming is likely going to end it. Not save it. Attachment or not. :P
Idk when my gf was preoccupied with animal crossing new horizons and BOTW we had a lot less time to fight

Reactions: Mama Looigi

appleburger

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Will PSVR1 games be backwards compatible with it though? And can the headset be used outside of Playstation, like on PC with Steam VR games?
I've read there are rumors it will be backwards compatible. I'm super hyped for this headset, actually. I love my Quest, but I really enjoy the living room VR experience with friends, and the Quest streaming leaves a lot to be desired on my setup.

Reactions: CoolMe

Rahkeesh

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's already announced to not be backwards compatible with PSVR1 software because the head tracking is so different. Devs need to make a PSVR2 (and therefore PS5) version of old games if they want them playable.

engagex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands Antilles
It's already announced to not be backwards compatible with PSVR1 software because the head tracking is so different. Devs need to make a PSVR2 (and therefore PS5) version of old games if they want them playable.
That's a bummer, planning to finally play skyrim vr on psvr2 because og psvr is a massive chore to play with

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
You could say the difference in specs going from PSVR1 to PSVR2 is a bigger "generational" leap than PS4 to PS5.

Excited for this but they really need to ensure there is a stream of constant high quality games but I'm not holding my breath.
They really should push this as a multi platform headset. I'd love to be able purchase this for my PC.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    cearp @ cearp: and Psi - I had a cd player / radio that played mp3 cds once, very cool