Hacking Playstation Vita Hacking News/Overview/FAQ

NyaakoXD

( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no news on native Vita exploit and piracy. Only the same old PSP piracy on Vita thing.

For the Vita Native Exploit, this happened last month: http://wololo.net/2015/02/12/pong-for-the-vita-native-exploit-by-barnabe42/
Vita piracy is still not going to come for a very long time with the progress it's going at.
Well, some people don't have a PSP anymore so hacking the Vita's ePSP is still something worth mentioning. Plus, playing fan-translated/modded/imported PSP games on a VitaTV connected to an HDTV is also a sight to behold thanks to the VitaTV's upscaling feature.

All we can do now is keep an eye on Wololo, Wololo Forums, and Yifan Lu.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
For the Vita Native Exploit, this happened last month: http://wololo.net/2015/02/12/pong-for-the-vita-native-exploit-by-barnabe42/
Vita piracy is still not going to come for a very long time with the progress it's going at.
Well, some people don't have a PSP anymore so hacking the Vita's ePSP is still something worth mentioning. Plus, playing fan-translated/modded/imported PSP games on a VitaTV connected to an HDTV is also a sight to behold thanks to the VitaTV's upscaling feature.

All we can do now is keep an eye on Wololo, Wololo Forums, and Yifan Lu.

But even the new Vita hack WILL require that you posses PSP. There is still not "solo" solution.

Reactions: Margen67

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
something is coming
http://wololo.net/2015/03/27/upcoming-ninja-release-for-vita-3-36-and-3-50-read-the-fine-print/

but
if you are on 3.50 you WILL NEED a secondary device every time you want to run the hack
The new exploit is great for people stuck with 3.36 or 3.50, but the exploit had been somewhat misrepresented. It has been 'advertised' as unpatchable, but you already have to jump through hoops to execute it on 3.50. Still better than nothing if you're on 3.50 but doesn't seem like the holy grail exploit people were expecting.

I'll probably stick with 3.18. All current native Vita exploit efforts seem to be focused on 3.18, and 3.18 also has the TN-X PS1 loader (and a newer version might not be released after all the drama relating to The Zett).

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a small dilemma, hope you can help me out?

Should I buy OLED Vita now (with some newer FW) or wait for 2 months and buy it then? I wont be able to touch Vita before June because of my exams, and I just wanted to be sure I ll be able to find it then, cause maybe lower hardwares will be extinct. Its bloody hard to get new VITA FW under 3.18.

qaz015393

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can I dl the new exploit by using the blocking the update. I read that I need to sign in online. Im still using the account on my used vita the previous owner had so I can keep using the games I payed for. Is there a way for me to dl the game. Now I do have a psp on 6.60pro if it helps. I want 2 try and dl this tonight before it gets taken down. Any help is welcomed.

Rpy360

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My PS Vita is currently on 1.67.

I'm wondering if I should update or not. It looks like anything under 3.18 is hackable, but do I lose out on anything by upgrading?

I've got quite a large back log if games right now because I've been refraining from updating. Can't even play Gravity Rush because my Vita is requiring me to log into my PSN account.

Just wondering, is there a reward for my patience? I know PSP mode has been hacked, but has anything recent come up since then?

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering, is there a reward for my patience? I know PSP mode has been hacked, but has anything recent come up since then?

Nope, not really. Quite frankly, at this point, you might as well update your Vita to the latest and just deal with going legit for Vita games. If you want PSP homebrew/games, which at this time is all you're going to get with the Vita, you might as well just buy a PSP or start emulating it.

Otherwise, the Vita has an excellent library that's worth catching up on.

Transdude1996

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So, who want's the good news or the bad news first about the Ape Escape exploit?

The good news:
With the release of the Ape Escape hack for FW 3.50, you can now open up TN-V11 on any Vita. And, I can confirm personally that it works on the Vita TV.
:grog:

The bad news:
There are multiple people dealing with problems presented with the hack. First of all, some people have reported that previously installed homebrew is now corrupted. After that, installing homebrew files via the "INSTALL.ZIP" method causes the system to either crash or eternally load the files. And, to finish it off, the only other method to instal files (Making homebrew files into ISOs) has been hit and miss with some users.
:cry:

Also, you need to use QCMA if you want to use the exploit.

Pox

Trophies
XP
Country
Is 3.18 stil max FW for playing PS1 games (with sound) or 3.36 is fine also?
I see that a lot of people are updating so I have to ask.

Redcaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi guys. I need help. I read so many things about hack and home brew and exploit, but still in the dark.
So, I have a vita 3.15. Is there a way to hack it so that I can play psp isos? I wanted to connect to psp store and forces me to update firmware to 3.50. Can I download some exploit games from psn store through my Pc? Thank you

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hi guys. I need help. I read so many things about hack and home brew and exploit, but still in the dark.
So, I have a vita 3.15. Is there a way to hack it so that I can play psp isos? I wanted to connect to psp store and forces me to update firmware to 3.50. Can I download some exploit games from psn store through my Pc? Thank you
Do you have a PS3? If not then you'll have to update.

Redcaddy

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Do you have a PS3? If not then you'll have to update.
Okay, but if I update I will not be able to take advantage of my vitas old firmware, right? And if I download some game from the ps store with the help of the pc, can I not transfer the game onto the vita and use that games exploit? Does it really have to be a ps3 ?

And if I update I don't have the 2nd psp or vita to use, so i cannot benefit from the 3.50 exploit am I wrong ?

If that's the case I don't really know what to do

Thank you

sj33

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Vita isos? Probably never, or not in the near future. The only current Vita exploit is user mode only and only works up to fw3.18 (or 3.20 on Vita TV).

Is 3.18 stil max FW for playing PS1 games (with sound) or 3.36 is fine also?
I see that a lot of people are updating so I have to ask.
3.18 (or 3.20 on Vita TV) maximum at the moment due to Total_Noob not releasing a new PS1 exploit for later firmwares. I have not updated for this reason. Also, Vitasploit only works up to 3.18.

Don't update. You can transfer exploit games using a PS3. You can even use a friend's PS3.

Reactions: Margen67 and Pox

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Okay, but if I update I will not be able to take advantage of my vitas old firmware, right? And if I download some game from the ps store with the help of the pc, can I not transfer the game onto the vita and use that games exploit? Does it really have to be a ps3 ?

And if I update I don't have the 2nd psp or vita to use, so i cannot benefit from the 3.50 exploit am I wrong ?

If that's the case I don't really know what to do

Thank you
You don't need a second device anymore (as long as Ape Escape is still on the store, haven't checked)
And you must have access to a PS3 if you want to stay.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gameboy Advanced SP emulator or GASP for short lol