PlayStation plans to give away 10 more games in the next few weeks, including Horizon Zero Dawn

WLAOYxY.png

After giving away Ratchet & Clank for PlayStation 4, PlayStation is continuing on with their Play at Home initiative, adding not only one, but ten more free games to their giveaway event. Beginning on March 25th, a handful of indie games will be free on the PlayStation Store, including the likes of the following:
  • Abzu
  • Enter the Gungeon
  • Rez Infinite
  • Subnautica
  • The Witness
In addition to that, a few PlayStation VR games will also be given away:
  • Astro Bot Rescue Mission
  • Moss
  • Thumper
  • Paper Beast
All of the aforementioned PS4 and PSVR games will be free to keep forever, so long as you claim them between March 25th at 8pm PT through April 22nd at 8pm PT.

The second announcement was that certain regions will be getting a free extended trial of Funimation's anime streaming service, which will last the same amount of time as the other giveaway--from March 25-April 22. If you redeem it during that timeframe, you'll get a free three month membership to the service, assuming that you're a new user.

Last, but not least, is the major reveal by PlayStation that they'll be giving away one more game in April. Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition is free to claim and download to your PS4 and PS5 consoles starting April 19th. You'll have until May 14th to grab it before the offer ends.

:arrow: Source

Spider_Man

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
free is free, but if you ain't playing it, is it even really there?

also haha yes funny ubisoft game is bad and slow
But people moaning about what games, how many ps4 users are out there.

How can sony please the moaning turds.

You get what your given and its for free.

End of the day they didnt have to do this.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
They can have them. Ill be over here with Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Media Molecule, Santa Monica, XDev, Sucker Punch, etc. Bethesda? Lmao. Amusing anyone would consider it a loss.
Exactly; Bethie has never once attempted to fix pretty much any of Skyrim's bugs when porting it to a thousand different platforms - instead preferring to try to weasel in paid mods. Like, twice.
Then the "comedy" of errors named Fallout 76.

Bethie sucks, and has sucked for ages.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Sorry but Persona is worshiped as the best game in the world. It's not.
I know it's not "best game in the world" - it's not Xenoblade Chronicles 2, after all - but it's still very high up there. Definitely higher than Horizon, or that other one. Setsua's Sacrifice, or whatever.
Or how about the Ratchet & Clank PS2 quadrilogy? That should be one of Sony's all-time greatest hits.

Reactions: D34DL1N3R

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Exactly; Bethie has never once attempted to fix pretty much any of Skyrim's bugs when porting it to a thousand different platforms - instead preferring to try to weasel in paid mods. Like, twice.
Then the "comedy" of errors named Fallout 76.

Bethie sucks, and has sucked for ages.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I know it's not "best game in the world" - it's not Xenoblade Chronicles 2, after all - but it's still very high up there. Definitely higher than Horizon, or that other one. Setsua's Sacrifice, or whatever.
Or how about the Ratchet & Clank PS2 quadrilogy? That should be one of Sony's all-time greatest hits.

That's subjective
Xenoblade 2 pisses me off with the forced field skill sections and padding. XBC1 DE is so much better. Horizon Zero Dawn is better than a lot of games.

AkiraKurusu

Pokémon's dead
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That's subjective
Xenoblade 2 pisses me off with the forced field skill sections and padding. XBC1 DE is so much better. Horizon Zero Dawn is better than a lot of games.
That's the thing about text; not exactly easy to pick out sarcasm. Still, Horizon and Hellblade are better than, say, Layton's Mystery Journey or Tomb Raider, but they're still beat by a whole list of games.

Oh, and the most probable reason for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 having some flaws is because resources were idiotically split between it and the mediocre Breath of the Wild; this wasn't true for XC: DE - though they could've imported XC2's Unique Monster grave system like they did "Expert Mode", instead of leaving in the frustrating 30% respawn rate (and for some, the right weather requirement). Also not made some Appearances permanently-missable, too (make sure you buy ALL the Sword Valley weapons, and the Hidden Village weapons. Also, some Mechon in the humongous factory drop gear with exclusive Appearances, and if you progress too far the whole place is destroyed, so...).

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's the thing about text; not exactly easy to pick out sarcasm. Still, Horizon and Hellblade are better than, say, Layton's Mystery Journey or Tomb Raider, but they're still beat by a whole list of games.

Oh, and the most probable reason for Xenoblade Chronicles 2 having some flaws is because resources were idiotically split between it and the mediocre Breath of the Wild; this wasn't true for XC: DE - though they could've imported XC2's Unique Monster grave system like they did "Expert Mode", instead of leaving in the frustrating 30% respawn rate (and for some, the right weather requirement). Also not made some Appearances permanently-missable, too (make sure you buy ALL the Sword Valley weapons, and the Hidden Village weapons. Also, some Mechon in the humongous factory drop gear with exclusive Appearances, and if you progress too far the whole place is destroyed, so...).

I ended up ragequitting from XBC2 because I got stuck at a certain part and tried grinding and using guides to get the affinity up, but then I just said "screw it" and moved on to the first game. I wanted to like XBC2, I did, but with the padding and forced field skill use.... it's gonna be a loooooooooong time before I try again

Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

axeon73

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Free is nice, but I would gladly pay for a PC copy if they would allow it on GeForce Now streaming service, but they are too scurred or something.

Aglaophotis

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Wait a minute. I have to own a PlayStation console to get these games. That doesn't make them FREE!

Actually you don't. You can claim them through your browser, all you need is a PlayStation account - which is free. And whenever you get a PS4/PS5 in the future, they'll be sitting right there ready for you to be played.

yoyoyo69

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This certainly show Sony are feeling the heat and are worried. This is a vital time for attracting users to their next gen platform, most who will remain subscribed for the remainder of the generation.

They need to try and take the shine off of Microsoft recent successes, bude some time until they can ship PS5 systems, they seem to have been hit worse than Microsoft.

Microsoft's strategy seems to have paid off, whether this was partially or wholly due to luck is hard to say.

Scarlet

Onion Soup
Editorial Team
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
scarlet.works
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I ended up ragequitting from XBC2 because I got stuck at a certain part and tried grinding and using guides to get the affinity up, but then I just said "screw it" and moved on to the first game. I wanted to like XBC2, I did, but with the padding and forced field skill use.... it's gonna be a loooooooooong time before I try again
It's worth saying that in an update, they added some really nice configurable difficulty options, so if you do get in that situation again, you can just temporarily (or permanently if you just want to have fun with the story) change the difficulty to your liking.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Good stuff overall... As I mainly only play indies (and Japanese games) I have a chunk of the offerings, but I'd been holding off on Rez as I've already bought it at least three times for other systems over the years, and Subnautica has always intrigued me.
I may even indulge in the simp favourite, HZD.

Funnily enough, I recently started playing XBC on WiiU, and ended up feeling pretty much the same way about that after +4 hours in the game - mainly not understanding all the hype it's received over the years... felt to me like a lesser version of Phantasy Star Online (which is a twenty year old game now!) with less story to pull me in (in those first 4 hours the only story is told through basic world building) and piss-poor combat.
Although I never finished it, I enjoyed Xenoblade 3D a lot more.

Last edited by duwen,
Reactions: Julie_Pilgrim

Louse

go play rez
Trophies
Website
www.h.com
XP
Country
United States
They can have them. Ill be over here with Naughty Dog, Insomniac, Media Molecule, Santa Monica, XDev, Sucker Punch, etc. Bethesda? Lmao. Amusing anyone would consider it a loss.
they got id tho, and if doom 6 is xbox exclusive i will actually just end it there
None of those games sounds, or seem particularly appealing to me. Are they all Indie games? Sony Cheap Station. :ninja:
rez rez rez rez
REZ REZ REZ REZ

Deleted member 546149

Trophies
XP

After giving away Ratchet & Clank for PlayStation 4, PlayStation is continuing on with their Play at Home initiative, adding not only one, but ten more free games to their giveaway event. Beginning on March 25th, a handful of indie games will be free on the PlayStation Store, including the likes of the following:
  • Abzu
  • Enter the Gungeon
  • Rez Infinite
  • Subnautica
  • The Witness
In addition to that, a few PlayStation VR games will also be given away:
  • Astro Bot Rescue Mission
  • Moss
  • Thumper
  • Paper Beast
All of the aforementioned PS4 and PSVR games will be free to keep forever, so long as you claim them between March 25th at 8pm PT through April 22nd at 8pm PT.

The second announcement was that certain regions will be getting a free extended trial of Funimation's anime streaming service, which will last the same amount of time as the other giveaway--from March 25-April 22. If you redeem it during that timeframe, you'll get a free three month membership to the service, assuming that you're a new user.

Last, but not least, is the major reveal by PlayStation that they'll be giving away one more game in April. Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition is free to claim and download to your PS4 and PS5 consoles starting April 19th. You'll have until May 14th to grab it before the offer ends.

:arrow: Source
Wow, Sony giving out free games, Pinch me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: It's Mayday fellas