1. 4,260

Front-page
    rMr9YZ0.png

Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition has seen a PC release on both the Epic Games Store and on Steam, but it's headed to one more storefront. The game is planned to launch on GOG next week. where it'll be entirely DRM-free and come with GOG Galaxy 2.0 support. As the other PC versions, it comes with all the content from the Complete Edition, which gives you the base game and Frozen Wilds expansion, along with a handful of items and outfits. Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition will be available on GOG on November 24th.

:arrow: Source

SS4, lordelan, tyrantnyx and 11 others like this.
  2. Discussion (33 replies)

3. Hells Malice

Hells Malice Are you a bully?

Canada
    Wat. This is like they just released their own torrent of the game for free. I guess it released without DRM at launch, but still. It's bizarre they would choose to be sold on GOG. It's pretty universally understood your game becomes infinitely easier to "pirate" by just distributing the gog installer.

Broduskii likes this.
  4. Edgarska

Edgarska Conjurer of cheap tricks

United States
    And it didn't affect sales of games like the WItcher 3.
    Almost like people will pay for a good game.

DS1, Urbanshadow, Korma and 29 others like this.
  5. whateverg1012

whateverg1012 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

United States
    Exactly, going to buy HZD on GOG when it comes out, never played the DLC anyways.

Love devs who support DRM free games and the GOG platform.

Last edited by whateverg1012, Nov 21, 2020 at 1:53 AM
    SS4, mathew77, 6adget and 15 others like this.
  6. ombus

ombus GBAtemp Fan

United States
    If only i had not paid full price for the game and then the whole game + dlc is 15.. and i dont have the dlc... never again

7. Evilengine

Evilengine GBAtemp Regular

Gambia, The
    They understood, that those games can be found unofficially anyways, pirates know how to apply a simple patch,etc.
    So this is just another platform to get potential sellings.
    GOG is nowadays something as a "definitive" Version, so warm welcomed.

Development of mostly ineffective protection as Denuvo or "Online only" is well portrayed in (one of the) latest Sim City instances. Bad, bad reputation.
    So why not save cost on developing protection, running infrastructure, and get good reputation, selling an years old game, that had it's peack sellings protected enough?

Last edited by Evilengine, Nov 21, 2020 at 2:37 AM
    Korma, SS4, mathew77 and 4 others like this.
  8. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Maniac

Indonesia
    I read that somewhere people prefer to play the cracked version of steam release for whatever reason

Scott_pilgrim likes this.
  9. wartutor

wartutor GBAtemp Fan

United States
    I just played through this entire game on ps4 again. Love it and this is one way to get to a few new customers before the 2nd one comes out next year.

10. pustal

pustal Koalafied member.

Portugal
    There are already torrents of the game, people who would pirate already could.

And even if they do pirate, as long as people get hyped for the next game, PS5 exclusive, great for them, that's mostly why they released it on PC.

relauby likes this.
  11. Unleanone999

Unleanone999 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Togo
    Hzd on steam is still one of my most disappointing purchase of 2020. It's already nearing 2021 and the game is still broken for a lot of people including me.

12. mat128

mat128 GBAtemp Regular

Canada
    I still get hard crashes with the EGS version. It's the buggiest game I've ever played. Patch 7 is better but there's still a lot of work to be done.

13. dude1

dude1 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    The game’s been pirate-able on PC since early August, and if you’ve got a hacked PS4 even earlier than that so this changes nothing for the Pirates.

I don’t believe it had Denovo But I do believe it used some kind of DRM (might be wrong, but I remember seeing a crack for it) and if that’s the case hopefully this runs better DRM free (which is common, but sometimes DRM doesn’t have an effect) if so that would benefit pirate and legit customer like
    But that’s really the only potential benefit/change

14. vincentx77

vincentx77 GBAtemp Regular

United States
    I was thinking about playing this on my PS5, but if there's a good deal on GOG, without all that Denuvo crap, I may just do that. It should look nicer, since HZD hasn't been PS5 patched or anything.

15. JonJaded

JonJaded GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Aye this is awesome. Incase anyone wanted to know, the EGS version of this game is fully DRMless, but the fact that it's also going to GOG is even better.

The devs truly do care, and I'm glad to see this.

SS4 likes this.
  16. wurstpistole

wurstpistole GBAtemp MVP

United Kingdom
    It was released without any protection to begin with. Choice of storefront is not all about defying piracy, you know.

SS4 likes this.
  17. Taleweaver

Taleweaver Storywriter

Belgium
    I just checked: there's already a torrent for the game on pirate sites (I presume free and working). So it's not like they're going to lose much customers to begin with.

18. Patxinco

Patxinco Riding a Shooting Star

Just a reminder, if you link your steam account, sometimes, you can have the game in both libraries without extra cost on https://www.gog.com/connect
    On topic, i prefer gog than pirate nowadays (don't have the actual time to play anyways...) sooo good for HZD devs and GOG for getting some extra cash!!

Broduskii likes this.
  19. Reploid

Reploid GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Serbia, Republic of
    ac clone where you kill robots with arrows (sic!). Otherwise plot just as dumb, gameplay just as bland. killzone developers never improves.

LightBeam likes this.
  20. ZoNtendo

ZoNtendo GBAtemp Advanced Fan

I'd rather buy a game without a shitty DRM.

DRM are only for those who are not confident with their game

Cyan and Henx like this.
  21. deSSy2724

deSSy2724 GBAtemp Fan

Germany
    Piracy hurting the game sales is a hoax!!!!

Most past consoles if not all say HI! (easy to install modchips and hack but still sold very well).

Among Us says HI! on PC (not only that mobile versions were already free, but the pirate version cracked in days for PC and with the pirate version you can still connect to official online servers). Still selling good on PC, so that they already announced Among Us 2 because of good sales.

Resident Evil 2 Remake says Hi (cracked in days and sold more than RE3 remake on PC which was never cracked), Capcom later released an update for RE3 Remake which removed the protection. So, pirates/crackers lost this time lol

Witcher 3:
    Now, you have a section on Steam where you can list games by "best selling games" and there you can find dozens of games which are cracked months/years ago and still are selling anyway.

Now, again------------------------- Piracy hurting the game sales is a hoax!!!! CHANGE MY MIND !!!!

ALSO..... RDR2 for PC is loading slower because of DRM, Empress confirmed it!!!

Last edited by deSSy2724, Nov 21, 2020 at 2:36 PM
    SS4 likes this.

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Complete, Horizon, Edition