Playstation classic

portaro

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
My problem - anyone of my usbs drives is recognized by the console I need to buy one usb hub powered to my usb's work. At this moment I search a way to connect the ps classic directly to my Ubuntu and try to change the path file of gamepads.

I solve my problem - the real problem on my case is that for soome reason I copy a master of bleemsync on my usb. I see this when I already buy a new usb Cruzer Blade then I down the correct zip Bleemsync and the hack works. But ... In Linux the mod is different - The step of connect the ps1 and make this connct to the pc isnt easy https://github.com/pathartl/BleemSync/issues/277 - In my case I cant mount the system so simply I proceed with the step of reformat usb and copy once more the bleemsync put gams on the gams folder directly on usb and works on the PS Classic.

Last edited by portaro,

fixingmytoys

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I've written it in here before - but I'll go over it one more time.

How to create Retroarch playlist files (.lpl) manually - but automated.

Launch a game of the system you want to add a playlist file of - with the emulator you prefer. Exit Retroarch. That way it will show up in the content_history.lpl file. Copy it over to a PC and look at it - It will have all the information you need (rompath, emulator path, emulator name, ...) in there - so you can easily create a playlist file for an entire system by hand, but automated. This shouldnt take more than five minutes.

Lets take the contents for a PSP game for example:
Code:
/media/RetroArch/roms/PSP/Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII (E).pbp
Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII (E)
/media/RetroArch/cores/ppsspp_libretro.so
PPSSPP

The first line is the path to the rom.
The second line is the rom name.
The third line is the path to the emulator.
The fourth line is the emulator name.

In a playlist .lpl file for an entire system there will be two more lines beneath that, for every entry. The next line would be the unique hash of the rom - when creating playlist files manually you can leave that empty.
And the line after that will be the playlist name - in the case of a PSP playlist this is: Sony - Playstation Portable.lpl

The playlist names are system specific, and have to be what Retroarch expects, so google them for the individual systems you want to add.
--

Now, lets create a playlist file for multiple files (roms) in a folder at once.

First, you need a list of all filenames in a folder in a one column list. On MacOS or linux, this can simply be done by navigating into the folder in a terminal / shell, and typing: ls followed by enter. ls -1 (forces one column of names) if the default ls command shows multiple columns by default.

On a windows computer its the same, there you'd open a command prompt, navigate into the folder an type dir followed by enter. This lists all files in a folder, and you can then copy all the filenames.

Open up a texteditor that supports unix/linux line endings (notepad++ for Windows is good and open source), copy your column of file names (with file endings, so f.e .pbp or .zip) into a new file and save it as your specific system playlist name with the ending .lpl - make sure, that you select unix/linux line endings in the save as dialog. Otherwise retroarch might not be able to read your file.

Add an empty line with enter at the beginning of your document.

Now open the search an replace dialog in Notepad++, make sure 'regular expressions' is checked in the search/replace dialogue - and search for:

Code:
\n(([^\n]+)\.pbp)

replace with

Code:
\n/media/RetroArch/roms/PSP/\1\n\2\n/media/RetroArch/cores/ppsspp_libretro.so\nPPSSPP\n\nSony - Playstation Portable.lpl

Make sure 'regular expressions' is checked in the replace dialogue. Hit replace all, and you have a well formed playlist for the PSP.

The results for every game will look as follows:
Code:
/media/RetroArch/roms/PSP/Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII (E).pbp
Crisis Core - Final Fantasy VII (E)
/media/RetroArch/cores/ppsspp_libretro.so
PPSSPP

Sony - Playstation Portable.lpl
And all game entries will simply be stacked, one such entry after the other.

Remove the empty first line again (the one you added before).

Save the file, put it in the playlist folder on your USB stick (again the file name has to be the exact one Retroarch expects for the system), and thats it. Reboot and the playlist will show up.

Now. Pay attention to the replace with line above. Edit it as you have to for the emulated system and emulator of your choice, and your specific installations. Which means - the rom paths, and the path to the emulator will be different in your case (the example uses Retroboots folder structure, not bleemsyncs). In any case your filepaths have to start with /media/ before the first folder on your USB stick (its a PSC specific thing). Your emulator core names might be different (other .so files), your emulator names might be different. The file extetnsion (.pbp) in the search field might be different. (In most cases for you it usually is .zip for your zipped roms.)

So check against the content_history.lpl file and edit the replace with line accordingly. You only have to edit it once, and then do a replace all.

Thats it - now playlists show up in retroarch. And all your games that were in that specific folder, are selectable and playable.

If you want them to have covers as well, all the covers have to be in the thumbnails folder in a subfolder with the designated system name (f.e.: Sony - Playstation Portable), in another subfolder named Named_Boxarts - with the exact file names you have in line 2 of those game entries in the playlist file. They have to be image files, with the file extension .png.

Thats it. Sounds like a heck of a lot to do, but can be done in 3 minutes per system - no hassle.

edit: Short intro into how regular expressions in the example above work:
\n stands for newline (so whenever there is a new line started in the text document, by hitting enter)
() simply are brackets that can be used for callbacks
\1 or \2 are those callbacks (\1 produces the contents of the first set of brackets, \2 the contents of the second set, and so on)

\ is an escape character - sometimes (not in the case of \1 or \n ;) ). Because in Regex, some symbols (like a . (dot)) have different meanings, you have to escape some of those characters, to tell the regex to handle this character as if it was a simple character and not something special.

([^\n]+) is a regex that catches everything in a line up until a newline marker (someone pressed enter in a text), or in our instance up to what follows that expression (.pbp or .zip) If you are interested in its actual meaning, [^x] is the format for "any character that isnt x" so [^\n] is "anything that isnt a new line marker" and + stands for "one ore more times". So this catches all characters in a line, up until the newline marker.

And thats about it, this should make you understand what you are doing a little better. :)

Cool thanks got most of them done now finally got mame upand running missing a few games which happen to be my favs or moon buggy and defender so I will check the rim folder and add them in, got a neo geo playlist on its own now very happy with that, now I am working on getting the n64DD playlist working names show covers show etc but games won’t start, but over all it is setup much better now

Cortexfou

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
OTG is about using the USB charging port on the back to load games from USB as well instead of having to waste one of the controller ports for it.
can we do also the oposite ? connect a gamepad to the back ? (I want to use the wireless adapter but it's so big...)

Trice

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
can we do also the oposite ? connect a gamepad to the back ? (I want to use the wireless adapter but it's so big...)
At least on RetroArch it should work similarly as connecting a USB hub to the front ports to connect more than two gamepads at the same time.

VGA

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
USB devices that will be connected to the back of the console with an OTG cable/adapter will be powered from the power outlet. So no more fuss about the power limiter of the front ports that the idiots at Sony imposed on us! 128gb usb sticks here we gooo...

Oh and no more usb hub needed for 2-player since both front ports will be free! We are days away from the official release from the Bleemsync team!

Reactions: Deleted User

calabrese8

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
USB devices that will be connected to the back of the console with an OTG cable/adapter will be powered from the power outlet. So no more fuss about the power limiter of the front ports that the idiots at Sony imposed on us! 128gb usb sticks here we gooo...

Oh and no more usb hub needed for 2-player since both front ports will be free! We are days away from the official release from the Bleemsync team!

any word on if this was implemented yet? If not I think i will end up buying a USB hub

ManitoCC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Good evening guys, I have a question, recently I did the power mod on my ps classic and i want to add a usb port on the rear of the console, can i use a usb cable extender (that I happen to have), cutting the "A" connector and soldering the exposed wires directly into the console USB port 2 connections so i can have a total of 3 usb ports?

Or this is not how it works?

I just need one more port to connect the usb drive and have the two front ports free.

Or i will need a hub to do this?
Thanks

D

Deleted User

Good evening guys, I have a question, recently I did the power mod on my ps classic and i want to add a usb port on the rear of the console, can i use a usb cable extender (that I happen to have), cutting the "A" connector and soldering the exposed wires directly into the console USB port 2 connections so i can have a total of 3 usb ports?

Or this is not how it works?

I just need one more port to connect the usb drive and have the two front ports free.

Or i will need a hub to do this?
Thanks

Hub will do it Sabrent 4 port wall powered on amazon works and is $16

New bleemsync is supposed to introduce otg adapter compatibility to free up port and be done with hub - Not released yet

thekarter104

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a question.

How do you get the Switch-like UI in RetroArch on the PlayStation Classic? I've seen people using it, but I can't figure it out how to do it myself :/

D

Deleted User

I have a question.

How do you get the Switch-like UI in RetroArch on the PlayStation Classic? I've seen people using it, but I can't figure it out how to do it myself :/

OZONE

Newer Retroarch builds have it

Check settings as you can switch between a few layouts

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea that's what I'm sitting on now- 4.9, and it seems fine, have had no issues at all
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    I don't know if people play online or such
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My ps3 short circuited during a deep clean still salty about it after downloading 2tbs worth but SteamDeck okay with emulation still just can't run mgs4 worth shit
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea forgot bout trophies. They just silly to me. Just like the xbox achievements. Hey, to each they own tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It keeps players in touch with the game like a check list of things to do after they beat it
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa they ruined the gaming experience for me to be honest
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa Im not crazy about getting all of them, i feel like I have something to show for for the time put in
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa If you want to do rgh or 360 mod
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    does it matter if you update your 360 or not before trying is it advisable or not
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I don't pay attention to them really. Or do I try to 100% a game. I just play till story ends/ or I get the girl!
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Bigonya uses his wiener to mod 360s
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Going to the water park, see ya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You should update the 360 to newest dash before RGHing it yes. But not a big deal if you don't, you can install new dash/avatar updates after. It's just easier to do it auto online before, instead manual offline after.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Have fun @Xdqwerty. If you see a chocolate candy bar floating in the water, don't eat it!
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    :O:ohnoes: Y didn't U Tell ME that ALSO? @BigOnYa :ohnoes: 🤢🤮
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Does it taste like... chicken?
    +1
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa I wanted to ask you about your experience with seeing south park. Most of the people a bit younger like my younger brother and cousins that are a few younger than me that saw kids found south park funny because of the curse words, kids at school, that seemed like liking the show on a very basic level.

I could not quite have a in depth discussion of the show.

How was it for you? As an adult. What did you find the most interesting part about it. Did you relate to the parents of the kids and their situations. Was it satires, the commentary on society. The references on celebrities' and pop culture.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I remember seeing the very first episode back in the day, and have watched every episode since. I used to set my VCR to record them even, shows how long ago.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just like any comedies really, and cartoons have always been a favorite of mine. Family guy, American Dad, Futurama, Cleveland Show, Simpsons - I like them all.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    South Park is great cause they always touch on relavent issues going on today, and make something funny out of it.
    +3
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa were you always up to date on the current events and issues of the time or were there issues that you first found out thru south park
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Most of the time yea I knew, I watch and read the news regularly, but sometimes the Hollywood BS stuff, like concerning actors slip by me. I don't follow most Hollywood BS (example: the Kardasians)
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    @BigOnYa there were relevant issues before south park was made, that's why i think a south park prequel/spinoff would be great. Randy and his friends in their child hood
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and had kids. And how the town of South Park was back then compared to now. That would be cool to see.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Yea, like them running in high school together, getting into stuff, and how they got hitched and...