1. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

I cancelled both pre-orders a while ago and after seeing what M2 has done I'm glad I did. I still want them just for collecting but it will be at bargain bin prices (I agree that probably won't happen with the PCE.. but I'll take the chance as a hundred quid is a joke).

2. ital

ital GBAtemp Maniac

wat

Last edited by ital, Jul 8, 2020
  3. przemo_one

przemo_one Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    How well PSP games work on PSC? Can I play for example Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep?

and

Which WiFi adapters are compatible with BleemSync 1.2?

Last edited by przemo_one, Oct 6, 2019
  4. Vorde

Vorde GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Hey guys, I read through most of this thread (admittedly not every page) and I have a few questions when it comes to the Playstation Classic. Aside from the Reddit group, does GBATemp plan on creating it's own sub-forum for this device? I think it's a missed oppourtunity on increasing traffic to this page and new potential users.
    With that being said I have a PSC that's using Bleemsync with a 256GB SSD via USB 2.0 and it works... somewhat. I have got to the point where I can get it to load games from it, but a lot of times PCSX_ReARMed that the PSC comes with doesn't load games properly, or has graphical glitches. Are there ways to interact with the settings of the emulator somewhere to help increase compatibility?
    Are there other cores that I can use without launching RetroArch? Are there other cores for PSX games I should be trying out?
    Sorry for all the random questions, I appreciate any help with it :)

5. yadspi

yadspi GBAtemp Regular

I DMd a couple of mods about it since SNES launched and got no answer or dedicated sub-forum.

6. MKKhanzo

MKKhanzo GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Hi guys, Im new to the PS Mini scene. I sucesfully have retroarch and a bunch of stuff. Using AutoBleem.

Can I put retroarch using autobleem as my startup or default app? I mean, I dont want it to start at the autobleem screen, but directly to RA?

Thx in advance!

EDIT: Nevermind! Quickboot option!

Last edited by MKKhanzo, Oct 20, 2019
  7. spotanjo3

spotanjo3 GBAtemp Legend

Portugal
    Should I buy it ? I know it is an emulator of PCSX but I am not sure if I should. I want to hack it but... it is actually PCSX emulator that I am so disappointed about. Hmmm.. I don't know. I only care about Rockman/MegaMan and Castlevania games on it. Or staying with an emulator on macOS/PC desktop? I have Sega Mega Drive Mini, SNES Mini, and NES mini. All are PALs and my collection that I grew up when I was teenager. Decision, decision.

8. przemo_one

przemo_one Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Is there a guide how to install RetroArch internally?

9. Uiaad

Uiaad GBAtemp's resident guinea pig

United Kingdom
    There are guides out there,but given the frequency that things are updated and amount of space available on the PSC, you are better off sticking to running it from a flash drive. Not to mention the chances that you will end up with a paperweight if you do something wrong

10. przemo_one

przemo_one Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Just updated to RetroBoot 0.10.1 and noticing Dreamcast emulation slowdown on Flycast and Reicast cores comparing to 0.9 version. Anyone with the same problem?

11. notimp

notimp Well-Known Member

Laos
    Ok, there are two things potentially ongoing. One is that the devs switched the default renderer from gl to glcore a while back, and in all cores that are performance limited I noticed a decrease in performance after that. If you switch back to gl (core options video), it might give you back the performance delta. That said, they are now bundling filters/shaders for gl and not glcore - so in addition you might have to hunt down the filters/shaders folder of an older version as well.

The second thing of course is to pay attention to threaded video (video settings) being enabled or not.

Apart from that I didnt do performance comparisons between those versions, so there might still be a delta, but its wort trying to play with those settings first.

12. przemo_one

przemo_one Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Can someone provide fast download link for Project Eris? The one from modmyclassic takes ages to download. Thanks

;edit
    Never mind. Fault of my isp.

Last edited by przemo_one, Mar 21, 2020
  13. DjoeN

DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    Ok,

I have installed latest Project Eris and have almost everything working i want. BUT

- After installing the Wolfenstein SDL mod, Where do i put the WL6 (Wolfenstein 3D) and SOD/SD* (Spear of Destiny) files on the usb stick?

Thanks

(I only use my PS Classic for PS1/PSP/NDS games and trying now some game ports out
    I also use my SNES Mini only for Nintendo games (GB/GBC/GBA/NES/SNES/VB/Pokemon Mini and G&W) also around 10 ScummVM games)
    (Next week my Megadrive Mini should arrive in the mail)

14. przemo_one

przemo_one Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Anyone knows how connect to ftp on PSC Project Eris 0.9.5 modded? I'm using USB cable. Trying on Windows and GNU Linux. Can connect to telnet server. The problem is I can't get directory listing from the ftp remote host. Happens with Explorer cmd/ftp FileZilla WinSCP and gFTP. For some reason Edge Chromium gets listing properly and I can browse and download files. Can't upload them. Was fine while ago with BleemSync 1.2.0. Please help ;-)

:just found out
    in order to connect use port 22 in sftp mode. tested with Project Eris 1.0.0 (169.254.215.100, root, port 22)
    :just read-only (perhaps because pendrive plugged in gaadata set to mount ro)

Last edited by przemo_one, Jan 2, 2021
  15. Tomtani1

Tomtani1 Member
    Newcomer

United States
    The Playstation Classic turned out to be a great system. I bought one 1 year ago at Target for $15 usd. I was not particularly interested in the Playstation Classic very much because I already had the PS Vita and Playstation TV. But for $15 usd, it was almost free so I picked one up from the store. I only used it once and put it away. When I read about Project Eris 1.0 recently, I set it up along with Retroarch. I used the pcsx_rearmed core/emulator within Retroarch to play my favorite Playstation games and they worked great. The best part of having the Retroarch setup is running the arcade emulator MAME 2003 Plus. The MAME 2003 Plus roms run very well. Among the mini consoles that have been released in the past several years, I think that the Playstation Classic with its Quad Core cpu running at 1.5 GHz has the most powerful hardware among the mini consoles and it is perfect for doing Retroarch emulations. The Playstation Classic turned out to be a great system despite its initial bad showings and bad reviews when it first came out 2 years ago. I am using my Playstation Classic a lot these days.

Last edited by Tomtani1, Oct 25, 2020
    Jayro and Rafciu like this.
  16. przemo_one

przemo_one Member
    Newcomer

Poland
    Anyone get Mediatek USB WiFi dongle to work with BleemSync/Project Eris?

:never mind done

Last edited by przemo_one, Jan 5, 2021
  17. XDel

XDel Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex

United States
    Where is "Double resolution on/off" located in the pcsx config file?

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Playstation, classic,