Playstation classic

Discussion in 'Other Consoles & Oldies' started by scroeffie, Nov 8, 2018.

1. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Sep 18, 2007
    Rats.

RSC_RetroBoot 0.5.5 actually has a regression. It introduces frequent stutter in PSP games (high load to begin with) that wasnt there before (with release 0.4.1).

It isnt the cores, or the XInput driver (which works quite well, stick sensitivity on 8bitdoo with PS4 Pad is still better in PS Classic mode, but apparently it has rumble activated for the first time. :) ) - I've ruled that out already, so it might be the monitor script, or something else. Have to look at it in the next few days.

So close to a great release. :)

2. VGA

VGA Member

Newcomer
    Mar 29, 2014
  3. subcon959

subcon959 teh retro

Dec 24, 2008
    I'm not sure any of that matters if the performance is better though. I certainly don't see the point in reverting back whilst waiting for newer cores?

4. KiiWii

KiiWii GBAtemp Guru

Nov 17, 2008
    United Kingdom
    Anyone managed to get gun games working? More specifically with a mouse?

5. fixingmytoys

fixingmytoys GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2018
    Australia
    I just tried the KMFD cores had issues big time games that where working are. NOw not working under the KNDF cores. So now I have gone back to using the latest stock cores, I have use KMFD on my snes mini and they work great

6. Diosmios

Diosmios Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2013
    United States
    hello friends, Im trying to use retroarch with my classic because some games doesnt run well in the emulator Sony used (Crash Team Racing and Dynasty Warriors from what I know)

but it seems too complicated, I installed 40 games with the assistance of the website and use with bleemsync along with the 20 originals, but I cant scan the folder to make a playlist for the RETROARCH, my games are there under MEDIA/GAMES folder, theyre numbered from 1 to 40 subfolders

what am I doing wrong? They dont get scanned to be able to play in retroarch

7. Diosmios

Diosmios Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2013
    United States
    also theres another problem: when I try to quit RETROARCH from the system menu, the screen goes black forever and nothing works, I have to remove the power cable from the console to turn it off and restart

8. BL4Z3D247

BL4Z3D247 GBAtemp Stoner

Oct 22, 2008
    United States
    I'm so high, I don't even know!
    There are some fixes to make games run better, one is to use KMFDM's pcsx cores for RetroArch, another would be using the stock emulator: go into PCSX Menu>Options>Speed hacks and change the PSX clock speed to 84%, then on the main PCSX Menu page, select Save global config and then Exit and save the restore point(this permanently saves any changes made to the settings).
    What version of RetroArch are you running?

9. fixingmytoys

fixingmytoys GBAtemp Fan

Jan 4, 2018
    Australia
    Please please for the love of any god can I have some ones working playlist files from retroarch , the bloody thing is not picking up all my roms trying me nuts

10. portaro

portaro Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 2, 2019
    Portugal
    I buy this console today and I test the Gioteck gamepad ps3 wit usb wireless connection. The console indetifies the gamepad but only work the axis buttons the other buttons not.

There are any method to active the other buttons on the emulator or inside the system?