Hacking Playing PAL on USA Wii

codone

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've completely avoided playing PAL on my USA NTSC Wii because of the possibility of semi-bricking it. I didn't see a reason to go there. Another thing, in the past, playing PAL games on NTSC consoles was pretty flakey. Like on the PS2, you had to patch the ISO. Then, the vertical screen resolution was more than could fit on an NTSC screen, so you had to set the Y-adjust when you patched the ISO, and try to get it where you weren't missing vital information off the edge of the screen. On some consoles/computers, the music or the game itself would run at a different speed (50hz vs 60hz refresh rate).

I am running the Argon 13+4 install. So I should be able to load a PAL game. My question is -- is this whole "vertical resolution" issue gone? Does the game know how to resize / re-order the screen to fit the PAL game on the NTSC screen?

I guess an easier way to ask -- say I load "CARS" NSTC and play it... and take a "screenshot" of the screen. Then the PAL version on my USA console.... will the screenshots be pixel for pixel the same? Music speed, timing, etc??? all 100% the same??

I'm not refering to real differences in the game, like laws regarding blood, or re-wording/deleting scenes, I do realize the the actual game itself might have been changed.

Thanks for your input, and sorry if this is a newb question, but I've never seen this issue talked about in months on any forums.

manias

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
the video issues are completely gone with e.g. wiifrii you can patch the iso to use ntsc video modes instead of pal!
smile.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.