divinewind88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hello!

I have been reading the guide here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=46742 and sadly, I still do not understand how to configure my DS Lite to make it play GBA games.

The DLDI parts are particularly confusing and the extra DLDI website provided doesnt help matters. Apart than those, there are many parts of the guide which I can't comprehend as well.

Can someone be kind enough as to simplify the steps for me?

Thanks..

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You didn't specify what OS you are using, so I'll just assume it's Windows.

Get the DLDI right click utility and install it. Be sure to specify the correct driver when it asks. Now you can apply the DLDI patch to .nds files by right clicking on them and selecting the DLDI patch action. Do this to copyTest.nds.

Put the patched copyTest.nds file on your microSD card. Create a folder in the root of the card (i.e. not in any other folder) named GBA, then create a folder inside the GBA folder named Save. Put some GBA roms in the GBA folder.

Everything should work at this point. Just start up copyTest.nds and select a game, press A, then press L+R. After the game (and the save, if applicable) are copied to the cart, restart the DS and start the 3-in-1 as though it were a standard GBA cart. Do not start the game from copyTest; there is a bug in that program that causes save problems.

There is a newer app for using the 3-in-1 cart called GBALdr that you may want to check out. I haven't used it yet myself, but it supports skinning, and it has several features that copyTest doesn't.

divinewind88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Hey ya!

I only have time to try out the above mentioned method today and thought I can perform it smoothly but alas, I still cannot do it haha.

Anyways, the first part was fine. (installing the DLDI tool, I chose both R4 and EZ5 as the drive, patching the copyTest.nds file and creating the GBA folder)

Next, I:

1) loaded pokemon emerald into my r4

2)turned on my nds and run copyTEST.nds

3)screen turns black with the heading "NOR Flash Test" and instructions asking me to press LEFT and RIGHT to choose file, press A to flash and B to save SRAM respectively.

4)I pressed A and then it prompt me to insert the 3in1 cart and press L+R to flash.

5) I complied and some "Erasing NOR" percentage appeared. I waited for it to finish erasing everything.

6) THen I was prompt to flash again. This time some "Saving SRAM" percentage appeared and likewise, I waited for it to finish.

7)After that, I tried playing the game but failed to. I went thru the steps again but still cant seem to play the game.

Something must have gone wrong somewhere (Duh). Someone help me out.

Thanks!

Destructobot

Crave the Hammer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
The best place to get all things EZ is the EZ-Flash forums: http://ezflash.sosuke.com/index.php

You can download the client here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/hqfmih

Extract the files to a folder and run EZ4_Client.exe. Click config to set the folder you want to send the patched roms to. Click open, select a rom (or multiple roms) and click open again. Leave add save patch checked, and don't change the save type settings. I don't know if it matters whether or not you have reset checked, so I leave it unchecked. Click send to patch the files.

divinewind88

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Oh ok. Thanks alot! This time I really understood everything
biggrin.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat