Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gallowglass.ca
XP
Country
Canada
Hilo,

I've done some searching for this and it appears that either a) my search-fu is weak, or b) the answer is too obvious to even merit a thread. So I'm asking
smile.gif

I have a Supercard combo (SC Lite & Passkey) for my NDS Lite and they work great! I'm wondering, however, if there's a way to have it play the GBA games in the lower screen?

advTHANKSance

Monkey01

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yes, turn your DS on with no DS cart and no GBA cart in the slots (not necessary if you have autostart off).
Now you will see the main screen when starting up (after touching through the health warning)
Now click the very small DS Icon at the bottom of the screens. This will open the options menu.
Now choose the purple tools icons "Options".
From the new icons choose the GBA Icon "GBA Mode".
Now choose Touch Screen and Confirm.
Press Go Back, Quit, Yes, reïnsert your GBA cart and turn your DS on again.
Now when you start a GBA game again it will show it on the Touch Screen...

xabier

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
remove superkey, now look into the option menu, you can change were to play gba games in the console's firmware

Subt3xt

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
gallowglass.ca
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, that's not it. I checked the setting on my NDS and it was set for playing GBA games in the touch screen, like I'd assigned it back when I got the machine. I unchecked and re-checked the setting but it didn't make any difference: booting up a GBA game using the Supercard has it playing in the top screen.

Ideas?

MrGizMo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
@Subt3xt :

I had the same problem as you, also checked my NDS settings, and it was set for playing GBA games in the lower screen(aka touch screen)
but it wont work.

Maybe try this :

Hmm, the way it worked for me is :

take out the superkey.
boot the ds on, and start GBA game.

Then it goes to my supercard miniSD, choose the *.gba game
and it plays in the lower screen
smile.gif

Bali

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
After reading all this, it seems to me that you don't even need the superkey / passcard if you only want to play gba games on the lower screen.

diangelo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
If you only want to play GBA games then you dont need a passkey. That is why the m3 Lite and stuff works in a normal GBA remember. The passkey is just for the Slot 1 capability. Tested it just now and works perfectly but then when you put in passkey it adjusts to the top screen again. Must just be the way it works I guess.

DJ-Arthur

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's because when you access the GBA game from the passkey software, the Passkey software invokes the GBA chipset of the DS, telling it to play on the Top screen. This is programmed in the passkey and cannot be edited. Likewise, if you invoke the GBA chipset the regular way (like you would play a normal GBA casette) the DS Software invokes the GBA chipset with the settings saved in your Firmware configuration...

By the way... Why do you need a Passkey for GBA roms? You need it only if you want to play DS Roms which are written on a GBA Cartridge... If you just play GBA Roms, don't use the Passkey and it shouldn't be a problem.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty :creep: +1