Homebrew Playing DSiWare on a DS Lite using homebrew?

Status
Not open for further replies.

13 Black

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is there a way to play certain DSiWare games (obviously ones that don't require the camera function) on a DS Lite using a slot-1 card (like an R4) and homebrew? Thanks in advance...

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
That they can, 13 Black. Maybe some day... but I highly doubt it. We would have a higher chance of witnessing the next coming of Christ, to be honest.

Da-Bomb1

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's also the fact that DSiWare games may, in fact, take advantage of the extra RAM and processing power of the DSi some day in the future, though I haven't seen any evidence of this in the current games on there. (However, the DSi Browser does actually run quite a bit faster than the original DS one.)

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Skyline969 said:
That they can, 13 Black. Maybe some day... but I highly doubt it. We would have a higher chance of witnessing the next coming of Christ, to be honest.

rofl2.gif

Pretty much sums it up, it will never happen. Maybe some exploit will be found later on for the issue of pirating DSiWare but the fact of that getting ported to the Lite = EPIC FAIL

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This will never happen. DSiWare have full DSi hardware access, and the DSi works differently to the DS. For a start, there's only one processor, and it's more powerful than the DS's two, and there's four times as much RAM. Therefore, it wouldn't work on DS, and couldn't be emulated due to the fact that the DS is less powerful than DSi, and so can't emulate it. BUT someone could make a homebrew version of certain DSiWare games. (Obviously not using copyrighted material, but a game along the same idea).

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SifJar: Sort of right on the DS only having one processor... It's only 1 slot, but it's 2 processors. The Arm7/9 are integrated onto a single chip or else the DSi would lack regular DS compatibility (since quite a few regular DS games took advantage of both processors)

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sorry, I read that the DSi only had one processor, but that one processor was capable of emulating the DS's two. Probably misread it. Anyway, it's still impossible for an actual DSiWare game to run on a DS, the closest we could get would be a homebrew replica.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NO IT COULDN'T. READ THE THREAD. DSi has more powerful processor, which DSiWare can use. DS/DS Lite doesn't. DSi only has 16mb of RAM, which is what current RAM carts have. Adding more would be of NO benefit.

qodrirnspe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What about the R4i? www.r4i-sdhc.com It apparently can run on a DS/DSL and it can apparently can support slot-2 (GBA!!!!) emulation.

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
thestig514 said:
What about the R4i? www.r4i-sdhc.com It apparently can run on a DS/DSL and it can apparently can support slot-2 (GBA!!!!) emulation.
LOL. Just ignore everything people with a "R4" in the name says.

EDIT: Actually you might've just misread it. They're probably talking about using a RAM Expansion on DS/DSL to run GBA games. If they're not, just ignore their lies. There's no way to use the DSi hardware fully, and even when it'll be available (if it will ever be) it won't be from a "R4" Team
smileipb2.png

sadak5

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mexico
If we ever can hack the DSi hardware, just be only to use de SD slot, and maybe, and I sai maybe, we can no longer use flashcards (just a loader like homebrew channel)

henkp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't think this is a case of 'maybe'. More of a 'When?'. Since DSi is a system unlike any other (that's why xbox360 and ps3 haven't been cracked. 360 = ps3 lite (interface-wise), ps3 is already capable of running linux out of the box), it's interesting to develop homebrew for, and thus it's interesting to gain full control over it.
Like with Wii, someone along the likes of waninkoko will at one point show up and amaze us with the 'backup-possibilities' he found. Then it'll take a little while before he accidentally leaks his software, whines, tells us he won't be back and hates us and half the internet blames us at gbatemp for 'taking down the legend'. After that, he continues his projects anyway and comes up with some more to 'show us who's boss'.
One righteous little fellow, this being along the likes of waninkoko!

Anyway, point being:
No, DSiWare cannot (ever) be played on a DS Lite.
Yes, DSi Will be hacked completely one day, but no-one knows when
smile.gif

MegamanDSi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Is there a way to play certain DSiWare games (obviously ones that don't require the camera function) on a DS Lite using a slot-1 card (like an R4) and homebrew? Thanks in advance...
[/quot
Dude I bet it really can because you know how Clubhouse Games: Card Classics on the DSi can use DS Download Play with DS Lite and DS Original but only the ones games that
do not need the Camera.

MegamanDSi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
13 Black said:

It might work like in Clubhouse Games Were you can versus your friends or give them one game using DS Download Play so it could actually happen if you get the right format of file for the Emulator, make a support list and program it correctly It might work.

JonnyTanna

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.JonnyTanna.Com
XP
Country
Neo Draven said:
If you wanna play DSiware games: BUY A DSi

No disrespect but I can't stand stupid answers like that. If he wanted to buy a DSi then he wouldn't be asking. Besides DSi is nearly as useless as the pspGo. Who wants to trade off a GBA slot for some crappy low res camera?

Anyway, I'm going off-topic here, but anyone who has more info on being able to play DSiWare on Ds Life, let a brother know. I want to play Dark Void and really do not want another DS in my house, especially one that is impractical.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HHNH5pnioQk