Misc Playing an eng patched game on 3ds? (Talk to me like I'm not smart)

KichiMiangra

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was interested in finally playing Digimon World Re-Digitzed as I think I've been rather patient waiting for an official english release since 2012 but also here we are in 2021 and still no dice. There's been fan translations and decided I'd like to play the updated 3ds Redigitized Decoded version.

I figure it'll prolly be easier to just play it on my desktop with a 3ds emulator but was curious, if I wanted to play it on my 3ds what would my options be? I actually don't know anything of emulation ON consoles (outside of reprocarts???if that counts???) so like I said in the topic, talk to me like I'm dumb?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you may have to enable the patch with locale in the 3ds. I know I had to not, not with an English patched game, but dragon quest viii and luma. it may have patches to add in what they took out (can't remember). it goes in the locale folder btw.

CoolMe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that Digimon game is a 3DS game, and the file used is a cia to play this patched game (even decrypted ones) i think could run. Provided you already havve CFW, Just install the .Cia file on Fbi and you're set.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just discovered I do have a translated game (maple story). it depends on the game what folders and files you need:

1633036289407.png
20210930_160627.jpg

20210930_160716.jpg

Attachments

• 20210930_160627.jpg
    20210930_160627.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 66
Reactions: vampire_mecha

woolywoods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Depends on how you are getting the fan translation. If they have a pre patched rom, just download and install that. If they ask you to patch the rom yourself, download the game and then follow the instructions listed on the site. Only translated game I've played is great ace attorney, and I had to patch the rom myself- It was pretty simple.

vampire_mecha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Digimon is an xdelta patch on the cia, so you would have to use cfw to install it on the 3ds.
If you would prefer to have to put the cart in and have it translated, you could patch the cia then (not sure on term) extract the romfs and exefs from the cia and put them in luma's layeredfs folders so you can pretend the cart is patched. This digimon translation doesn't let you use the update though, so the 3ds will show an update notification for it when you launch it connected to wifi

Reactions: godreborn

woolywoods

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically if you wanna play on the 3ds you'll need to homebrew it (reccomend the website 3ds.hacks.guide) it's not too difficult. Then you'll need to install the rom and then follow the instructions listed on the fan translations website. If you are a total noob it should take 6~ hours. (About how long it took me first try). It was my first homebrew though so-

Reactions: godreborn

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Basically if you wanna play on the 3ds you'll need to homebrew it (reccomend the website 3ds.hacks.guide) it's not too difficult. Then you'll need to install the rom and then follow the instructions listed on the fan translations website. If you are a total noob it should take 6~ hours. (About how long it took me first try). It was my first homebrew though so-
that's with a9lh. it shouldn't take anywhere near that long with b9s now. ;)

placebo_yue

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Just download the prepatched cia, it's on certain website you might know if you've been downloading CIAs...
No need for folders and weird hackey stuff, either you patch the clean rom urself on ur pc and then install that, or install a prepatched one

also, there's never gonna be an english version, forget about it and play the fan translation, it's pretty much perfect

Reactions: rantex92

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Good night