Hacking player.dol

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
R2-D2199 said:
What does the player.dol from Wii MotionPlus Games that the Games will not show the video again?
Modify or create it a file in the NAND?
If yes, which file?

I guess he means this:
What does the player.dol do to the nand, so the game is able to know that the video has been watched?

R2-D2199

OP
Trophies
Website
softwii.de
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiPower said:
R2-D2199 said:
What does the player.dol from Wii MotionPlus Games that the Games will not show the video again?
Modify or create it a file in the NAND?
If yes, which file?

I guess he means this:
What does the player.dol do to the nand, so the game is able to know that the video has been watched?
yes, that i mean.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
this is just a copy/paste of my post from my post here

Red Steel 2 - the real deal on getting it to work

U have to first launch the game using the alt-dol method to watch the motion sensor plus video (same fix as wii sports resort). However, when I played the game I did not have to watch this video because I had already watched it for wii sports resort (ie. u only have to watch the video once and it doesn't matter which game u use to watch the video)

If you've never played wii sports resort on your wii, u must launch RS2 from an alt-dol and watch the motion sensor plus video. Afterwards, change the alt-dol settings back to default/disabled and u will be able to play.

edit: I assume the opposite is also true (ie. if you've played RS2 on your wii, you shouldn't have to use the alt dol method when first playing wii sports resort because u've already watched the video)

terminal_illness

Dark Hadou Master
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
mousex said:
terminal_illness said:
if you want any help you need to speak proper english.
I understood him/her fairly well.

you are also from the same country though.

i also did not have to watch WM+ video with red steel 2 probably because i had watched it with WSR. maybe it installs a ticket or something... not sure how red steel 2 knew i had watched it once before. however when i had played grand slam tennis after doing the alt dol with WSR it made me watch the video again...

so some games share this knowledge of the user having watched the video and others do not. in my experience anyway

Slimmmmmm

GBAtemp MoNkEeE
Trophies
XP
Country
Forgot the name of the file, but sys.dat ?

The one that stores the IDs of the games that have been launched *maybe* that's what is edited, but I'm not sure and too busy to test. Obviously it does change some file, I'm curious now though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-