Hacking Played animal crossing backup, now real copy won't work

hailfire

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, so I "acquired" a backup copy of animal crossing wii, and played it on gamma. Works fine. For christmas we got the actual game, and I would like to play it normally for faster load speeds and ease of use. I tried to play it on the disk channel, but it black screened. No health warning, ect.

I thought it could somehow be the old save file, so i used saveextractor and then deleted the old save, still no dice. I am now thinking it is due to a disk update.

I had accidentally had my wii "upgraded" to 3.4 by a disk update, so I downgraded to 3.2 and installed starfall. Starfall could be blocking the current update, but I don't know how that would stop the game from working. I have the homebrew channel installed, obviously.

What do I do?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hailfire said:
OK, so I "acquired" a backup copy of animal crossing wii, and played it on gamma. Works fine. For christmas we got the actual game, and I would like to play it normally for faster load speeds and ease of use. I tried to play it on the disk channel, but it black screened. No health warning, ect.

I thought it could somehow be the old save file, so i used saveextractor and then deleted the old save, still no dice. I am now thinking it is due to a disk update.

I had accidentally had my wii "upgraded" to 3.4 by a disk update, so I downgraded to 3.2 and installed starfall. Starfall could be blocking the current update, but I don't know how that would stop the game from working. I have the homebrew channel installed, obviously.

What do I do?

Run wufe and extract the IOS files from the disc. And then just install IOS38 with the WAD Manager.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
hailfire said:
Thanks a lot, I knew it had to do with an update.

You don't need the disc update, you only need IOS38. You can get it with wufe which is the easy and simple way or you can get it with trucha signer or WiiScrubber, but for these two apps you need a keyfile. The disc update would help, but i guess you want to stay at 3.2 with starfall.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.