Help! Wii wont load gamecube disks.

tentaclebanshee

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello! I have a super old wii, I've had it about 12 years now, about 7 years ago, my mom's boyfriend modded it with a few different things. I have lost the external hard drive but decided to just purchase some disks to play instead. I just got a copy of The Urbz for game cube and it loads on the screen, but after I click play, the screen goes black and stays that way. I have no knowledge of wii modding, and no way to contact the person who did it before. Wii games work fine. Anything I can do to make this work? I've tried resetting it, it hasn't been updated or linked to the web since it was modded because I was told it would brick the console.

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hello! I have a super old wii, I've had it about 12 years now, about 7 years ago, my mom's boyfriend modded it with a few different things. I have lost the external hard drive but decided to just purchase some disks to play instead. I just got a copy of The Urbz for game cube and it loads on the screen, but after I click play, the screen goes black and stays that way. I have no knowledge of wii modding, and no way to contact the person who did it before. Wii games work fine. Anything I can do to make this work? I've tried resetting it, it hasn't been updated or linked to the web since it was modded because I was told it would brick the console.
There's couple reasons why this could happen:

1- Bad Laser
2 - Bad Disc Drive (like the entire hardware not just one component)
3 - Scratched Disc
4 - I'd say cIOS/IOS messed up... but it's very unlikely and you'd have to be extra dumb to achieve that while modding a Wii.

So, use Nintendont and SD Card. Your game will fit in a 2GB SD card.

Last edited by JuanMena,

user3121

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have probably already thought of this, but does it have GameCube controller ports on the side/top?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maxouter @ Maxouter: yo