Played animal crossing backup, now real copy won't work

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by hailfire, Dec 28, 2008.

1. hailfire
    OP

Newcomer hailfire Newbie

United States
    OK, so I "acquired" a backup copy of animal crossing wii, and played it on gamma. Works fine. For christmas we got the actual game, and I would like to play it normally for faster load speeds and ease of use. I tried to play it on the disk channel, but it black screened. No health warning, ect.

I thought it could somehow be the old save file, so i used saveextractor and then deleted the old save, still no dice. I am now thinking it is due to a disk update.

I had accidentally had my wii "upgraded" to 3.4 by a disk update, so I downgraded to 3.2 and installed starfall. Starfall could be blocking the current update, but I don't know how that would stop the game from working. I have the homebrew channel installed, obviously.

What do I do?

2. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    Run wufe and extract the IOS files from the disc. And then just install IOS38 with the WAD Manager.

3. bowser

Member bowser Mwa ha ha ha!

India
    I guess you're getting a black screen because you don't have an ios that the game requires. Install that ios with wad manager and it should work. Sorry, don't know which ios you need.

4. WiiBlaster

Member WiiBlaster GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    just install the ios38 and it will work

5. hailfire
    OP

Newcomer hailfire Newbie

United States
    Thanks a lot, I knew it had to do with an update.

6. WiiPower

Member WiiPower GBAtemp Guru

Germany
    You don't need the disc update, you only need IOS38. You can get it with wufe which is the easy and simple way or you can get it with trucha signer or WiiScrubber, but for these two apps you need a keyfile. The disc update would help, but i guess you want to stay at 3.2 with starfall.