Planning get 2 flashcarts

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by warmo161, Jan 15, 2012.

Jan 15, 2012

Planning get 2 flashcarts by warmo161 at 3:45 PM (566 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. warmo161
    OP

Newcomer warmo161 Advanced Member

United Kingdom
    Hi everybody!

I have decided to get myself a DSTwo and I have asked my friend about flash cards too, I have decided that he should get a acecard because he doesnt want the emulation features - he just wants to play ds games

I was going to wait for nds-gear to fix their payment system, but it seems its going to take an eternity. So I have had another look around

I fould R4DS-DS.com and would like to ask, if they are any good? and also, could u recommend a flashcard for my friend too? He just has a DSi, where I have a DSi and a 3DS

Many thanks :)

2. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    No.

If you're getting a DSTwo and you where planning on getting him an Acekard then get him an Acekard.

R4 is rubbish (except for some models) and are not convenient for normal people.

3. warmo161
    OP

United Kingdom

Ok then, because he's a bit young and only wants to play games (lol) I will sort it out for him

Well, that was short and simple :)

4. DinohScene

Member DinohScene The Gift of Dino

Antarctica
    Especially when he's young an Acekard would be far better.

It's way more simple to upgrade an AK2i then having to deal with a crappy R4 that neads like 5 diffirent loaders all glued together.

5. Whipple

Member Whipple GBAtemp Regular

United States
    Once I discovered the Acekard it was a no brainer after that. Far easier to set up and use than other cards on the market. Easy skinning and firmware upgradable (with a DS) are important features.
    While the DSTwo has more capabilities, that extra processor does mean shorter play time between charges. It all depends on what you want to do with your system.

If you want to play USING your DSi / 3DS I believe the Acekard is the way to go. However if you want to play WITH your DSi / 3DS programming, homebrew, taking it just as far as you can, then the DSTwo would be for you.

6. warmo161
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hi again, I'm just about ready to order these cards, can anybody here confirm the website I stated in my first post is ok? and people have used it before?

7. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    The website you mentioned is really great, BUT their prices are through the roof. This website has both the cards for $45.85 shipped and they ship fast. If you want 2 Acekard 2i's it would be $25 dollars shipped. I've ordered from them and their service is great, even after the sale.

8. warmo161
    OP

United Kingdom
    Hmm, looks like they ship to the UK too, have u used this site before?

9. jimmyemunoz

Member jimmyemunoz GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

United States
    Yes I have. Read my last post. Very good service. They speak great English too. :D