PKSM - AIO gen7 alternative to PCHex++ with integrated bank

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by EventAssistant, Dec 4, 2016.

1. EventAssistant
    OP

EventAssistant GBAtemp Fan

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    [​IMG]

Editor, wondercard injector, offline extra storage and OTA injector.

If you want a non-invasive homebrew to see your save's infos, check out PKSV in the release zip file.

Downloads Links
    Latest solution direct
    Latest cfw build direct
    Latest QR code qr

Installation
    Download the latest release (4.4.0) and install it with your favourite installation method. You should only copy/paste the whole content of the release zip into the root of your sd-card, most of the time. When booted, the application will automatically download the required additional assets from an external source. You can provide your own assets, if you want.

PKSM works with Rosalina-based Homebrew Launchers, too.

If you're using Homebrew Launcher with a *hax exploit, make sure you have it updated to the latest version.

You need internet access to download the additional assets. If you can't still download them through the application, you can put them manually in the SD card, putting the external additionalassets folder in your SD card, located at /3ds/data/PKSM/. To avoid troubles, the final result should be a folder filled with assets, located at /3ds/data/PKSM/additionalassets/.

Usage
    GenVI to GenVII games: trigger the right game when prompted (you will do it twice if using a *hax-based homebrew launcher).

GenIV to GenV games: if using a *hax-based homebrew launcher, you must trigger Poketrasporter. Otherwise, use as always.

Backups
    Automatic save backups are located at /3ds/data/PKSM/backup/[GAME_DATE]/main

Extra storage backups are located at /3ds/data/PKSM/bank/bank_[DATE].bak

OTA injection
    You can use servepkx to inject things from your PC to PKSM directly. Use your favourite version between the ones proposed here:

servepkx Links
    Java Usage
    Python Usage
    Web Browser Usage

Utilities
    Application Description
    serveLegality This windows application will let you check legality for your pkmns via wireless.
    badsectors This hb application cleans occasional wrong bytes into your extra storage file
    phbank2pksm This web application converts your PHBank extra storage file to a PKSM compatible one

Issues
    Before submitting an issue, look for it into the issues page, because it could have been already answered in the past.

Please only do consistent issues (submitting your environment and which version of PKSM you're running), without asking for the moon: we're working for free here. Duplicate issues will be closed without answer by our part.

We'll not reply to issues related to versions of PKSM different from the latest stable release currently available.
    Compiling
    You will need:

• devKitArm r46
    • ctrulib 1.2.1
    • citro3D (commit 3ae31ad)
    • libpng 1.6.19
    • libJPEGTurbo 1.5.1
    • freetype 2.7.1
    • sf2dlib
    • sftdlib
    • sfillib
    When cloning the repo make sure to use git clone --recursive in order to also get buildtools and the other dependencies.

Lastly in case you're compiling for *hax-based homebrew launchers ensure you also create an xml file with <targets selectable="true"></targets> and put it along side the .3dsx file with matching names.

Screenshots
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Patrons: Michael Reinhart, Rowland Maheu, Julio Corzo, Lightning Squad, Claire aka Sal, Marvin Meese. Thanks for your support!

Last edited by EventAssistant, Aug 3, 2017
    Maiken, Stash23, Laroon and 72 others like this.

2. EventAssistant
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    What's new in PKSM 4.4.0:

• Added: Wireless legality checking. Tons of you asked me to add a legality checking feature in PKSM, and.. here it is. It's not inside PKSM though, because it uses an ad-hoc legality server called serveLegality, which is heavily based on PKHeX.Core. You can find out how to use it in the link!
      • Legality checking can be performed in the editor option of PKSM. A copy of the pokemon you want to check will be sent wirelessly to the server running on your PC and it will show basic or detailed legality infos.
    • Added: Wireless wondercard injection. Yep, I don't have to keep updating PKSM anytime a new wondercard is released. For now you can only send .wc6/.wc7 files, but wcfulls will be supported in the near future. You can find all the cross platform executables in the release zip file.
    • Added: Wireless storage. You can now send bulk .pk6/.pk7 files into a virtual storage to avoid injecting stuff in your main save file.
    • Added: Autoupdater. It will now get the latest release from github and install it.
      • Note: it doesn't check if the release being downloaded is the same you're running yet.
    • Added: Possibility to launch the game you opened with PKSM when you exit the application.
    • Added: now it prints the generations for the pkmns in the editor viewer.
    • Added: Allow species editing in the hex editor.
    • Added: Press X to switch from party to box and viceversa.
    • Added: Now shows version for the wondercard in the event details screen.
    • Added: whole lot of wondercards!
    • Fixed: possibly fixed the corrupted slots bug.
    • Fixed: now the yellow button imports region and console data, too.
    • Fixed: Wondercard lists refactored, now everything is in order.
    • Fixed: Switch the event database structure for gen7 from .wc7 to .wc7full.
    • Fixed: A valid Marshadow is now injectable in the generation option.
    • Fixed: Refactoring of multiple parts of the source code, to clean old code residuals.
    • Fixed: Now storage dumps have proper filenames updated.
    • Fixed: nickname flag issue when using the yellow button.
    • Fixed: nickname flag always set when generating a pkmn from the generation option.
    • Fixed: Compiled with latest ctrulib 1.3.0, citro3d 1.3.0 and devkitARM r47.
    [​IMG]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What's new in PKSM 4.3.0:

• Added: Multilanguage support (thanks @Naxann!). PKSM has been translated in most of the major languages supported by the console, such as Italian, French, Spanish, Spanish, Portuguese, Japanese and Simplified Chinese! Obviously, this couldn't happen without our foreigners contributors, which helped to translate in all the languages we devs don't speak.
      • Korean and Traditional Chinese translations are still missing, and Russian ones are messy, because they have not been trimmed to fit in the graphics. If you know how to help us, feel free to make a Pull Request!
      • Fonts are now optimized: we managed to bundle all the characters in a single place and save space, too: old builds were about 6MB in size, this is less than 4MB instead, saving space and memory while opened.
      • Font scripts are available in the source code!
      • All the bugs related to pokemon names, items and so on have been fixed, too. Now everything is properly rendered on screen.
      • You will notice some initial delay when opening your boxes with the Japanese language on: this is due to the font caching and everything will be smooth in a second or too.
      • Your language will be determined automatically on the first launch, but you can change it from the settings. It will be remembered the next time you open PKSM.
      • Items and moves in the editor list are now sorted in every language you will choose.
    • Added: new Save Info Editor proof-of-concept! It has been thought to be similar to the hex editoryou can already use during pokemon editing.
      • It doesn't do much for now (I had not so time to work on it), but there will be tons of advantages in the future, such as bag item editing and similar!
      • Since it works with the single bytes and it can be customized in the code, the save editor will work with all the games supported from PKSM as for now. Some examples? You could now edit your TID and SID on gen4 games to abuse of the Cute Charm glitch without needing your PC (for both editing or RNG) to do it.
      • Pull requests are highly appreciated!
    • Added: Tons of changes and additions in the GUI! There's a pretty new main menu now, for both 3DS titles and DS titles. Other graphics changes will be explained in detail later.
    • Added: New wondercard details screen. Now those are taken from the wondercard file directly, making the external txt description files unuseful.
      • You can now see the wondercard title, OT, held item, met date, level and moves for every wondercard available in the built-in database. The game version related to each wondercard is still WIP.
      • For this reason, graphics for the wondercard injector are heavily changed.
      • From now, you can see details for multiple wondercard events. You will notice a tip in the bottom screen if an event has multiple wondercards in it, and you can see details for each of them pressing L/R.
    • Added: Rosalina-based Homebrew Launchers are now supported. You can find a rosalina compatible .3dsx build into the release zip attached at the bottom.
    • Added: Extra Storage dump. You can now dump the whole extra storage content into your SD card, at /3ds/data/PKSM/dump/storagedump_[DATE]. Every pokemon will be saved in a separate .pk7 file.
    • Added: PokéDex function. You can now see what you have caught or seen. This is available for every gen6+ game, and it's accessible from the extra storage screen.
    • Added: new banner audio (thanks @Tails32!)
    • Fixed: Current Handler and Held Trainer Friendship are now set to 0 while using the generation function.
    • Fixed: navigation is now possible with both pads (directional and circle), in case someone have one of the pads broken or malfunctional.
    • Fixed: Magearna and Marshadow now shows in the generation screen.
    • Fixed: Encryption Constant when generating a pokemon is now random. Spinda spots are now random, too.
    • Fixed: Pokedex Flags bug introduced in version 4.2.3 has been fixed. Now, pokedex flags are saved automatically when you do transfers from storage to box and box to box.
    • Removed: Mass Injector. While this has been removed (so as the various collections), the file from where the generated pokemons are taken is still accessible from PKSM.
    Added: tons of gen7 wondercard added:

• 0221 - JPN Egg Shiny Chance
    • 0222 - JPN Bewear
    • 0223 - Ash-hat Pikachu
    • 0233 - HK Shiny Tapu Koko
    • 0234 - Anime Steenee
    • 0235 - Anime Turtonator
    • 0236 - Anime Vulpix
    • 0599 - Bottle Cap
    • 1105 - Shiny Tapu Koko
    • 1107 - Alolan Vulpix
    • 1108 - Alolan Sandshrew
    • 1109 - Alolan Diglett
    • 1110 - Alolan Grimer
    • 1111 - KOR Egg Shiny Chance
    • 1112 - WCSK17 Mew
    • 1608 - Pidgeot-Steelixite
    • 1609 - Mawilite
    • 1610 - SM Rare Candy
    • 1611 - SM 4 Mega Stones
    • 1612 - SM PGL Prize
    • 1613 - SM PGL Prize
    • 1614 - SM PGL Prize
    • 1615 - SM PGL Prize
    Added: gen6 wondercards added:

• 0183 - Singa Volcanion
    Added: DS wondercards added (the IDs are not the real ones, due to implementation):

• 025 - Milos Island Tornadus
    • 026 - Kalita's Hydreigon
    • 027 - Spring 2012 Zekrom
    • 090 - Azure Flute (unofficial)
    If that's not enough... Let's talk about PKSV 2.0.0:

• PKSV is now built directly from PKSM source code, using an ad-hoc Makefile.
    • This means that PKSV gets all the graphic changes introduced in PKSM 4.3.0, such as multilanguage support.
    • Editing is unavailable as always (because of PKSV philosophy), though.
    • Even though editing is not there, you can still use the extra storage function with save functionalities enabled. This will make heavy breeders' life simple.
    PKSV's separate repo will be closed, so you'll only be able to download it from the PKSM repo instead.

This update is really massive, and it counts about 200 commits made in a range of two months. Hopefully you will enjoy all the work and time that Naxann, dsoldier, all the translators and me dedicated to make this happen.

I would like to thank @Tobyheiam, @Tails32, @ShinyLuxray, @pass0418, @dsoldier, @Naxann and all the other countless people who helped in the translations!

[​IMG]

For real time help and discussions, join us on:

If you appreciate my work, I appreciate a coffee :)

Last edited by EventAssistant, Aug 3, 2017
    Stash23, Red771, TinchoX and 2 others like this.
  3. FanmadeEndings

FanmadeEndings GBAtemp Regular

Feb 16, 2016
    Gambia, The
    This looks amazing! I'll definitively give it a try.

4. Ominous66521

Ominous66521 GBAtemp Maniac

Feb 7, 2016
    United States
    Is there any way you can change the species? It works good for me so far.

5. Thunder Hawk

Thunder Hawk Firefox Master Race

Jan 21, 2013
    United States
    Finally! I was wonder where this thread was!
    Hm, I wonder why Friendship is always locked at 0..

6. lonewolf08

lonewolf08 GBAtemp Fan

Feb 4, 2016
    United States
    It would be awesome if this would be updated as time goes on to support gen 1-7 kinda like a pkhex but on the go if not it's all good.

7. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    When I run this it generates its data folder at sd:/3ds/data/PKSM. Is it possible for this to be something like sd:/PKSM/ instead?

8. EventAssistant
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    Not directly. /3ds/data should be the standard folder for applications' extra datas

9. Leslie White

Leslie White GBAtemp Regular

Feb 21, 2015
    France
    Paris
    I tried it yesterday and I love it ! Shout outs for your work, it's exactly what I was looking for :)

Would it be possible in a next update to change the pokemon sex and to transfer multiple pokemon from the boxes to the bank though ?

10. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    Ah, okay then. Its presence in the /3ds/ folder disrupts the organisation of my apps in the homebrew launcher. I suppose I'll stick with using PKHeX for now.

Zidapi likes this.
  11. EventAssistant
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    1) In the future
    2) You already can. SWAP option puts the current box in the latest box you visited in the other mode

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Also JKSM (one of the builds, I think that has been reverted) and Freeshop use that folder to store their datas. If you use one of them, you shouldn't have noticed it until now

12. Xiphiidae

Xiphiidae ξίφος εἶδος

Sep 13, 2009
    Australia
    For me, the .3dsx of JKSV uses sd:/JKSV/ (and I was hoping to use the .3dsx of this on my stock N3DS, so Freeshop is moot).

13. frizouy

frizouy Flora Cherry

Mar 2, 2014
    France
    wow nice job :O do you want all 7g pokémon legit for the full injector bank ?

14. WildWon

WildWon EXTERMINATE!

Former Staff
    Apr 4, 2008
    United States
    8-Bit Heaven
    Was there a new update or something? :o

15. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Nice, good to see it have its own thread with a new name :) when will be move editing be supported like PCHex++

16. EventAssistant
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    It's there already...
    If you have them, sure. Export the whole boxes maybe

17. frizouy

frizouy Flora Cherry

Mar 2, 2014
    France
    Pm me please i compresse all for u but change my ot and my tid ^^°

18. proflayton123

proflayton123 Undeclared Shitposter 2.1

Jan 11, 2016
    Japan
    日本
    Oh okay I wasn't aware thank you :3

19. MattKimura

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    Hey EvenAssistant, I'm having an issue with PKSM 3.0.2
    Whenever I load up my Sun save file and make changes to my pokemon, then press start to save, it'll exit to the home menu and when I go back to check, none of the changes are there. I never had this issue til now, but then I guess I never used gen7 with this til now.

20. EventAssistant
    OP

Jul 20, 2016
    Italy
    Why are you using 3.0.2? It's a completely outdated version of the application