Hacking Pkg2 error

momocop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I bought my brother a switch and I went ahead and got SXOS on it while it was on 6.0. It worked great until he decides to use Chodoujour to update to 8.0.1.

SXOS at the time didn't support 8.0 so I told him he needs to wait until SXOS is caught up before it will boot back (As punishment lol).

Since he updated by Chodoujour I believed that it shouldnt be an issue when SXOS with 2.7.1 beta out to run 8.0.1 compatibility.

After replacing the boot.dat for the new update, when I boot the system the screen boots into SXOS menu and I choose CFW. Im still getting a black screen.

I though he might have not chosen the exfat 8.0.1 update which made me get another sd card to test on fat32.
Boots into SXOS loader but not CFW.

Replaced files in fat32 sd card with atmosphere 0.8.10 and boot into hekate but when I try to boot I receive pkg2 decryption failed.

Am I missing a step? Can I transfer anything from another hacked switch (my own) to try to fix this pkg2 issue?

Will a nand restore work? Could use some guidance on next step.

TL,DR: updated switch to 8.0.1 using Chodoujour. Switch wont boot in cfw using SXOS 2.7.1 or Atmosphere 0.8.10. Got Pkg2 error using hekate

momocop

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i found out no backup is available. I believe I read that PK2 has to do with using the incorrect firmware to update. I believe SXOS 8.0.1 without Exfat was installed. But after replacing the SD card with Fat32 it still wont boot. Is there any keys that I can pull off of my working Switch using Hactool?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • BigOnYa
  • Xdqwerty
    what are you looking at?
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: @The Real Jdbye @SylverReZ @Xdqwerty @BigOnYa @BakerMan :creep: +3