Gaming piracy protection on pokemon platinum?

metalhead15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible that there is some kind of piracy protection on pokemon platinum? Whenever I try to load the rom from my m3 sakura after the rom initializes all I get is a blank white screen. I've tried a number of different roms from different sources and they all act the same. All my other roms work fine. Any ideas?

evandixon

PMD Researcher
Developer
Trophies
Website
projectpokemon.org
XP
Country
United States
metalhead15 said:
Is it possible that there is some kind of piracy protection on pokemon platinum? Whenever I try to load the rom from my m3 sakura after the rom initializes all I get is a blank white screen. I've tried a number of different roms from different sources and they all act the same. All my other roms work fine. Any ideas?
1. What Region is the game from, compared to the region of your console (Post the Letter)
2. Did you extract the file properly, what is the compressed size, and what is the extracted size.
3. Are you on a DSi? In not, go here to find out how to legally obtain your ROM. ROMs obtained that way always work for me on my Acekard 2i (And R4, and Max Media Dock...).
4. Do any other ROMs work on your M3i?
5. Try disabling some of the features (Soft-Reset, Cheats, RTS, etc.)

vergilite

GBATemps Regular Clown
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
metalhead15 said:

same thing happened to me with my m3i zero when trying to run ffcc but after quite a bit of fiddling it turned out that the rom was corrupted (probably during transfer to the cart) so just re-download it and try again

Maz7006

iSEXu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Sanderino said:
ZOMG fellow dutchman :l read Teh RuleZ :l You knwo you can't provide links to romsites and links for roms. That's bad! >:[

clonesniper666 said:
QUOTE(coolness @ Aug 10 2009, 07:01 AM) download the game than from
*snip*
only 2 downloads available

Do not post rom sites or links to roms because it is against the rules on here.

Next time report his/her post.
biggrin.gif

On topic, there is NO Piracy protection with platinum. Make sure that your card is updated to the latest firmware, and that you have a good dump on the game.

InuYasha

Professional Coke Fiend
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
1.Make sure you have the lastest firmware for your cart
2.Delete the game from your memory card and retransfer it from your usb
3.Format your memory card card and try again

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
UniqueGeek said:
1. What Region is the game from, compared to the region of your console (Post the Letter)

this makes no difference DS consoles are NOT region locked
smile.gif

you can use any gamecard on any DS console
smile.gif

and flash cards are region free anyway!

shinnyuuya

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
kobykaan said:
UniqueGeek said:

this makes no difference DS consoles are NOT region locked
smile.gif

you can use any gamecard on any DS console
smile.gif

and flash cards are region free anyway!

that's right. maybe your game is corrupt or it from your flashcart.

Sanderino

I guess you only know what you got 'till it's gone
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
clonesniper666 said:
Maz7006 said:
Next time report his/her post.
biggrin.gif

After I posted I did report his post.

Woohoo me2
tongue.gif
We're really cool! We're like heroes now, we saved GBATEMP!
tongue.gif
But there is no such thing as priacy protection on Pokemon Platinum, I think it's just a bad dump.

metalhead15

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I find it hard to believe that all 4 roms that I dl'ed were bad, but maybe. Every other game works on my card. Would someone possibly be able to pm me a link to one they know works for certain, that way I can be certain if it's me or the card, or is that also against the rules

clonesniper666

KRII LUN AUS
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
If it is not working try reformatting your micro sd card, just because all your other games work does not mean that reformatting it will not fix the problem. On my acekard 2i Space Bubble Bobble would freeze but ever other game worked fine so I still reformatted mine and now ever games works including SBB.

Psyfira

Credit: 0ml. Insert tea to continue
Trophies
XP
Country
metalhead15 said:
I find it hard to believe that all 4 roms that I dl'ed were bad, but maybe. Every other game works on my card... that way I can be certain if it's me or the card
Previous posters asked: is your firmware and all associated updatable files up to date? I'm not sure what Sakura uses to determine save types, but I know Pokemon Platinum has a large 1MB save file which most carts required a special rule for. I don't know if that could be the cause of a white screen specifically, but with older firmware you'd experience saving problems even if you got the game running.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: is gta v or call of duty still up?