Pin 5 and 6 of Game Boy´cpu

hernanlopezpardo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hello, the pin 5 are de HORSYNC but what is the pin 6?. Is DATAOUT0? Why need invert the data of this pin?.
Thanks

RESPONDER

Attachments

• game-boy-game-boy-bivert-hex-module-v2-dmg-and-pocket-7_1024x1024.jpg
    game-boy-game-boy-bivert-hex-module-v2-dmg-and-pocket-7_1024x1024.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 360

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The pin 5 and pin 6 you refer to are for the screen ribbon connector. CPU pins use a different numbering scheme -- you can see where it says 40,41,64 and 65 on the PCB on the image you link.

In this case the CPU pins are 44 and 45 which correspond to LD0 and LD1 (aka the image signal transmission path). If you are fiddling with the display you will want to fiddle with all the pins of the display.

This video covers how I would likely do it

hernanlopezpardo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The pin 5 and pin 6 you refer to are for the screen ribbon connector. CPU pins use a different numbering scheme -- you can see where it says 40,41,64 and 65 on the PCB on the image you link.

In this case the CPU pins are 44 and 45 which correspond to LD0 and LD1 (aka the image signal transmission path). If you are fiddling with the display you will want to fiddle with all the pins of the display.

This video covers how I would likely do it

Exelent, thanks. Yes the cpu numbers are 45 and 46.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The link from the post above covers the original gameboy aka DMG. The first post you made, and one I previously replied to, if for the gameboy pocket. Different devices, different chips, different layouts/pin numbers. They both play the exact same games and have the same restrictions as far as later devices but for electrical mods like this they are different devices and are treated as such.

The numbers you list there appear to be a proper reading of the diagram, though again I have no idea what you are trying to do with it. If you want to bivert your original gameboy there are other methods.

Reactions: hernanlopezpardo

hernanlopezpardo

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
The link from the post above covers the original gameboy aka DMG. The first post you made, and one I previously replied to, if for the gameboy pocket. Different devices, different chips, different layouts/pin numbers. They both play the exact same games and have the same restrictions as far as later devices but for electrical mods like this they are different devices and are treated as such.

The numbers you list there appear to be a proper reading of the diagram, though again I have no idea what you are trying to do with it. If you want to bivert your original gameboy there are other methods.

I don´t find the pocket diagram. I want install a backlight and bivert chip in game boy pocket. I did not know that the cpu was different.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Y @ YuseiFD: :creep: