Hacking Pikmin 3 Files

Martillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I dumped my pikmin 3 game to texture mod Alph, Brittany and Charlie, but I can't find their files anywhere, does anyone know the name of their files?

D

Deleted User

End-users are not supposed to see the file systems for closed-source games. Of course the names will be garbled in some games.
One way to find them is through trial and error. Keep looking through the files until you find them.
This is the first I've heard of someone trying to mod Pikmin 3, but there might be someone on the forum who knows where to look.

Martillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, okay thanks.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

So, I was trying to use TexHaxU to dump bfres files and everything works except convertGTX.bat it just opens for a second and nothing happens, What am I doing wrong?

Last edited by Martillo,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if you just double click on the bat, that's probably normal that it opens and close right away.
You should provide arguments to the command line. either edit the bat in text editor to see what it expects, or open a command line window first and type convertGTX.bat inside.
Using the command line windows first will display information and will prevent the window from closing automatically.

Reactions: Deleted User

Martillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I opened the command line window and typed it but still no dds files appeared.
Untitled.png

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
do you have the gtx files you want to convert in a "Convert" sub-folder?
the output shows that for all Convert/*.gtx files found, it runs the "texconv2" command line.

That's strange that it doesn't even prints you any error if it doesn't work. and even if it worked, I suppose it should as there's a "-printinfo" argument.

Martillo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ah, so it turns out when extract.bat exports the gtx files it creates another sub folder inside the "Convert" folder not letting convertGTX read them, So I
dragged the gtx files into the "Convert" folder and it worked, thanks for your help!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Well start walking towards them +1