Pikmin 2 Re-Sponsored

Spooner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a simple mod that adds all sponsored textures from the US version of the game back to the treasures, the game just feels off without them. It also removes the censorship for the Arboreal Frippery and has new icons in the Treasure Hoard menu to match the thinner black outline style in the HD remake.

There are currently a couple of treasures that have issues, the Yellow Taste Tyrant's model changed, making it's original texture not work correctly, and the Nutrient Silo's lid is yellow. I'll correct these issues once I figure them out.

Installation: Unzip and drop the "0100d680194b2000" folder into atmosphere/contents on your SD card.

Update: There are now two version, the second version labeled "+ Couple Generics" does not have the partial changes for the Yellow Taste Tyrant and the Nutrient Silo.

Let me know if anything else looks weird and I'll see about fixing it.

EDIT 7-19-2023:
I uploaded this mod to Nexus Mods two days after the game released, and it has only just now been approved and made public on their site. I didn't think it would take this long, which led to me also posting it here. I won't remove this thread, as I know some people don't care for Nexus and would prefer to download it here, and I will keep this thread updated with any new versions I make.

If you don't have an issue with Nexus Mods, I would appreciate a download from there, as I like to look at stats, but that's just me, I won't tell you what to do. If I make any additional mods, I'll upload them over there.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pikmin2/mods/1

2023062510464800-FBD6C38DDCEBA77B90C7098B6DC16A91.jpg

2023062510485700-FBD6C38DDCEBA77B90C7098B6DC16A91.jpg

2023062510490200-FBD6C38DDCEBA77B90C7098B6DC16A91.jpg

2023062508411200-FBD6C38DDCEBA77B90C7098B6DC16A91.jpg

Attachments

• Pikmin 2 Re-Sponsored v0.9.zip
    6.6 MB · Views: 35
  • Pikmin 2 Re-Sponsored v0.9 + Couple Generics.zip
    6.7 MB · Views: 35
Last edited by Spooner,

Purechoasss

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi thank you so much for this mod! The Duracell battery always makes me smile!

Any chance you or someone with modding experience could mute, or lower the volume of the treasure gauge beeping!?! The haunting sound fills my nightmares!

Reactions: Spooner

nWo

The Game Master
Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi man. I really appreciate your work. My son is a major fan of Pikmin since he was 3 years old (he is 13 now) and he just loves those games. He has played them on Gamecube, Wii, Wii U and now he just finished them on the Switch. He will be very happy to know this, because every treasure that looked different, he came running to show me. He will be so glad to see them back with this mod. Thanks!

cucholix

00000780 00000438
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Thanks for your mod, is there any chance that you can create an alternative build leaving the conflicting models with default textures?

Hanafuda

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What does "Aboreal Frippery" look like in the remaster? The original is a Japanese maple leaf but a lot of people were more familiar with another type of leaf I guess.

Ryab

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is a simple mod that adds all sponsored textures from the US version of the game back to the treasures, the game just feels off without them. It also removes the censorship for the Arboreal Frippery and has new icons in the Treasure Hoard menu to match the thinner black outline style in the HD remake.

There are currently a couple of treasures that have issues, the Yellow Taste Tyrant's model changed, making it's original texture not work correctly, and the Nutrient Silo's lid is yellow. I'll correct these issues once I figure them out.

Installation: Unzip and drop the "0100d680194b2000" folder into atmosphere/contents on your SD card.

Let me know if anything else looks weird and I'll see about fixing it.

View attachment 382324

View attachment 382325

View attachment 382326

View attachment 382327
So now the main thing missing from this port is the Ai no Uta easter egg. Sucks that one got removed.

Spooner

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm glad that everyone has been having a good time with this! We still don't have any tools for opening up many of the files in the game, so I've not made any progress on the to-dos.

A fun thing for me that just popped up, I uploaded this mod to Nexus Mods two days after the game released, and it has only just now been approved and made public on their site. I didn't think it would take this long, which led to me also posting it here. I won't remove this thread, as I know some people don't care for Nexus and would prefer to download it here, and I will keep this thread updated with any new versions I make.

If you don't have an issue with Nexus Mods, I would appreciate a download from there, as I like to look at stats, but that's just me, I won't tell you what to do. If I make any additional mods, I'll upload them over there.

https://www.nexusmods.com/pikmin2/mods/1
Post automatically merged:

Thanks for your mod, is there any chance that you can create an alternative build leaving the conflicting models with default textures?
Sorry, I only just saw this, yeah I can do that. Added to the original post.

Last edited by Spooner,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The Castlevania game was on the PS1 so that's cool +1