Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

minik1971

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
good afternoon colleagues I have the rp2040-one but when I pass the 2.6 or any files the led does not turn on
RP2040-One-details-intro.jpg

angelC992

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
It's like putting another extra 999 resistors from whats needed. Try to solder the 1206, maybe put some oriented to the external part of the pico, alternating between sides (internal external), should fit.
Finally I soldered the 1206 ones.

Attachments

• IMG_20230409_215430.jpg
    IMG_20230409_215430.jpg
    654.7 KB · Views: 34
Reactions: Phantomas77

FlowerFire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
im guessing its the left one since u see solder pretty close as far as i could see on the pic
Now that I think about it, before connecting the RP2040 I tested turning the Switch on, before I previously shorted a 3.3v point and after cleaning and testing a lot, I wanted to verify that the console was still working.
Shouldn't the capacitor have been blown up at the time? But the smoke happened only when I connected everything (but every function is still there and I'm not getting any overheat too).

Anyway if the cap is gone but everything is working good, what should I do? Should I just reflow that soldering point and then keep on using the console? Or do I have to find another capacitor like right now?

I looked a bit around gbatemp and I can't find what the capacitor is for, but interestingly, I've found thread where people where suggesting to remove it :blink:

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now that I think about it, before connecting the RP2040 I tested turning the Switch on, before I previously shorted a 3.3v point and after cleaning and testing a lot, I wanted to verify that the console was still working.
Shouldn't the capacitor have been blown up at the time? But the smoke happened only when I connected everything (but every function is still there and I'm not getting any overheat too).

Anyway if the cap is gone but everything is working good, what should I do? Should I just reflow that soldering point and then keep on using the console? Or do I have to find another capacitor like right now?

I looked a bit around gbatemp and I can't find what the capacitor is for, but interestingly, I've found thread where people where suggesting to remove it :blink:
u can get some caps off of the rp2040 @rehius made a post where they where sitting

yeah u can remove it should still work fine . caps are for filtering noises i think

Reactions: LogicalMadness

JoseBankai

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Hi, @vittorio same here, theres no way to make it work, my rp2040 only wants the "fw 2,5+unlock" if i put any of the others, the red led never shows activity, and when i put the battery on the switch only blue led and pink one and thats all

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sat my Quick 861dw to 380C , 70 airflow and it knocked out the entire thing. Resistors, buttons, and even the LED light got removed lol. It won't turn on anymore. What temp and airflow would you guys recommend on Quick?

Mena

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I sat my Quick 861dw to 380C , 70 airflow and it knocked out the entire thing. Resistors, buttons, and even the LED light got removed lol. It won't turn on anymore. What temp and airflow would you guys recommend on Quick?
10-40 depending on what you're doing. higher is meant for thick boards like a ps5 for hdmi removal

cowboy619

Trophies
XP
Country

I’ve got a cheap Amazon hot air. I do 350c at 40% air removed everything perfectly. Added low melt to all points

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iO-bUGGY

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Guys I had a mariko v2 and tested hac-cpu-21,
Tested the 2 mosfets from a donor board
unnamed.png
and it works like a charm.
Instant glich.
this are I think toshiba ssm6k504nu.

I've tested the mosfets from hwfly v2 flex are not working.
I've tested the mosfets from hwfly v2 felx on 3 switches.Non worked with the flex.
This confirmed that I've lost 2 days trying to glich with borken mosfets with the flex.

Last edited by iO-bUGGY,

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Tested the 2 mosfets from a donor board View attachment 363974 and it works like a charm.
Instant glich.

I've tested the mosfets from hwfly v2 felx on 3 switches.Non worked with the flex.
then u have issues with that flex kabel

darviral

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Tested the 2 mosfets from a donor board View attachment 363974 and it works like a charm.
Instant glich.

This confirmed that I've lost 2 days trying to glich with borken mosfets with the flex.
yes try that mosfet from flex sx core and hwfly not work

• Wow
Reactions: impeeza

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
if you guys have a problem using the cables, you don't actually need to solder on the ffc contacts at the end (pad 3&4)
instead, use the resistor on the underside of the metal backing. it's actually easier and more secure.
can you make a better explain

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Minox @ Minox:
    No idea what any of those things you mention are
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Cholesterol and Triglycerides? Basically a way they measure fatty cells in your blood
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Cholesterol is sorta high, according to my doc
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I've been taking fiber pills, eating more grapes, switched to wheat bread in hopes to lower it
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like wheat bread, I even like the chunky wheat bread with pieces of whole grain in it.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Been getting this honey wheat bread from aldis pretty decent not very sweet to out do it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Me making any food at home is an improvement to how I use to be
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I have an bread machine and use it alot, better than breads you buy, but don't last as long, cause no bs preservatives
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I got compliments about my weight loss and thought well guess I can pig out again now I'm the piggy
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My biggest prob is alcohol, definitely is fattening
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I know when to stop at least honestly don't get those that go and go with food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or those that order 2 big macs , large fry, ice cream sundie, then a diet coke
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I might get downing two big macs but nah that's it
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Ok that will be $15.99, cash or charge?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    My go to orders usually a mcdouble and a mcchicken and I'm happy rarely mess with fries
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pro tip ask for that clowns jizzmac sauce on your mcdouble
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Do they charge extra when you add sauce,etc? I know burger king used to not, but don't know nowadays
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They may squrit it for free if you ask nice
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Last time I got bk it was 35c per sauce fuck you king of my nutsack
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll buy a bottle of baby rays BBQ for $2 and add it from home out of spite
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I like baby rays, my favorite is KC masterpiece tho. Figured all you could buy is that there.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    The metro doesn't discriminate good sauce
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Baby Rays isn't that what killed the crocodile hunter?
    If only he had done an endorsement for them....
    Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits you right in the chest!
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Oy mate don't let a bad bbq sauce kill your party! Baby Rays are killing it!! The flavor hits...