Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

FruithatMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't tell what you are doing wrong based on the hardware alone. Even if you apply the correct voltage level it is possible to fail establishing a connection with the EMMC interface. There are other factors too.

You can try the following to see if your EMMC will support 3v3 logic levels. Simply use a lab power supply in the circuit with 3v3 and 1v8. That will give you the answer.

Some emmcs support it and some don't. I haven't ever had the case where I fried the chip by applying 3v3 to a 1.8v chip.
Post automatically merged:

https://www.absunshine.com/en/parts/H26M74002HMR-SK-HYNIX-5061071

Here is another data sheet for the Hynix EMMC nand chip inside the oled switch. It clearly says
PackageFBGA-153
Voltage3.3 V

It is a BGA package type, or "soldered chip", as you like to call it. I will forgive you for the semantics as English is not your first language, but if official data sheets don't convince you nothing else will.

Do you understand how you claiming that all "soldered" nand chips are using 1v8 logic levels is simply untrue?

Last edited by FruithatMods,
Reactions: overcode

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FIB sound like a 1M$+ device
But I could corner the market on repairing everyone’s burnt fuses when the Switch goes EOL and somebody announces they can do cold boot hax on FW 13.2.1. I’d make all my money back in 90 days.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
But I could corner the market on repairing everyone’s burnt fuses when the Switch goes EOL and somebody announces they can do cold boot hax on FW 13.2.1. I’d make all my money back in 90 days.
or found some point like on one of the xboxes where you can defeat the security drilling a hole.

• Love
Reactions: binkinator

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I can't tell what you are doing wrong based on the hardware alone. Even if you apply the correct voltage level it is possible to fail establishing a connection with the EMMC interface. There are other factors too.

You can try the following to see if your EMMC will support 3v3 logic levels. Simply use a lab power supply in the circuit with 3v3 and 1v8. That will give you the answer.

Some emmcs support it and some don't. I haven't ever had the case where I fried the chip by applying 3v3 to a 1.8v chip.

https://www.absunshine.com/en/parts/H26M74002HMR-SK-HYNIX-5061071

Here is another data sheet for the Hynix EMMC nand chip inside the oled switch. It clearly says
PackageFBGA-153
Voltage3.3 V

It is a BGA package type, or "soldered chip", as you like to call it. I will forgive you for the semantics as English is not your first language, but if official data sheets don't convince you nothing else will.

Do you understand how you claiming that all "soldered" nand chips are using 1v8 logic levels is simply untrue?
ok i am now unsure and will ask a few more people who are more familiar with it

@FruithatMods
https://github.com/ignasurba/mmcblkNX/issues/1

Her is a good explanation

Last edited by evil_santa,
Reactions: binkinator

FruithatMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What exactly are you trying to do @evil_santa ?

First you were linking to a tutorial about dumping the emmc on an amazon fire.
Then you were posting incorrect information about bga emmc chips.

None of this is relevant to this discussion anyway. The emmc is powered by the cpu, which is powered by the battery. The modchip can be powered by one of the 3v3 rails. This can't be the reason for the bricked switches.

Perhaps I could help you with whatever you are trying to do. That would require you to explain what you are trying to achieve.

Reactions: impeeza

evil_santa

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
The picofly needs to communicate whit the emmc right?
He can't communicate whit it while no 1v8 on rp2040. How did the creator from this chip this? we don't know and is this the problem that we don't see it ?
Doesn't matter

Reactions: impeeza
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
The picofly needs to communicate whit the emmc right?
He can't communicate whit it while no 1v8 on rp2040. How did the creator from this chip this? we don't know and is this the problem that we don't see it ?
Doesn't matter
The same way every other glitch chip works on the Switch. It lets the Switch hardware handle powering the eMMC and the chip just sniffs the data bus / sends data on the bus (it only writes during first time setup when it detects the custom BCT / bootloader isn't installed). The chip doesn't need to power the eMMC because it's powered by the official hardware already.

Reactions: Compi

HeadstrongWolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried Google but didn't get far and I apologize for being slightly off topic.

As this chip isn't compatible with the original model switch, is there a modchip I CAN look into?

Unfortunately it was patched before coming out of the box so a softmod isn't possible (until homebrew develops for it in 6 years.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: We're having a ton of thunderstorms this week LOL.