Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
I just installed an HWFly Lite.. now I’m getting this led sequence while the switch boots to stock menu. Any idea what it means? I don’t know how to read the online error code legend… ☹️ The color looks like Blue (an attempted glitch?) and then yellow (or white?) sequence of three ==*.

==* CPU always reach BCT check (no glitch reaction, check mosfet)

something is wrong with your cpu flex.

detilmalala

Trophies
XP
Country
Uruguay
Hello, the component indicated with the arrow marks continuity with gnd at both ends, it belongs to a switch lite, does anyone know what component it is and if it is normal for it to mark gnd at both ends? thank you...

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-03-29 at 9.23.03 AM.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-03-29 at 9.23.03 AM.jpeg
    369.4 KB · Views: 10

Vigintiduo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Done my new OLED Switch with kamikaze method just now.
Everything seems to be working fine but the console feels a bit slow to come out from sleep mode (and also when showing the Switch logo).
Can this be related to picofly?

superxoi

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Done my new OLED Switch with kamikaze method just now.
Everything seems to be working fine but the console feels a bit slow to come out from sleep mode (and also when showing the Switch logo).
Can this be related to picofly?
See if your wifi still work or not.

Vigintiduo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
run emmc benchmark
Did that too and it was fine as well.
Anyway, the problem went away after a thorough cleaning of the pcb.
BUT there's a minor other thing now.
Whenever I load something from hekate, be it Sysnand of Emunand, there's a brief vertical green glitch on the screen.
Everything else works fine. Should I be concerned?

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
Whenever I load something from hekate, be it Sysnand of Emunand, there's a brief vertical green glitch on the screen.

saw someone else with that as well. it's not an issue

Reactions: Vigintiduo

LuigiGad

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It happened to me too on 2 OLEDs. Only at startup and shutdown a green line like a flash 3/4 of the screen vertically. then everything ok.
If I removed RP2040 it didn't happen

Schweino

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So, I installed a RP2040 (Aliexpress) in my patched V1 and I wondered if the RP2040 is defective or if I did something wrong installing it.

The RP2040 does not want to be flashed: It shows up on my PC and Chromebook as external drive but nothing happens when I copy the fw_2.73.uf2 to it. Not even when I hold the boot button while connecting it to my PC. Also, there is no LED activity at all on the RP2040.

I figured that maybe it has preinstalled FW so I went ahead to install in into my switch. Upon booting, the switch boots straight into OFW, and again, the RP2040 has no led activity.

Is this a case of a faulty RP2040 or is my installation not correct? I am assuming that if I incorrectly installed in my switch that the switch wouldn't even boot to OFW?

mx_arment

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
"Failed to init sd card!"; Apparently a problem with SD card 512gb Samsung Evo Plus

I dont really know if this is the place to ask issues but in case anyone has a clue of what is happening Im copying-pasting the post I put in this github about this (github/CTCaer/hekate/issues/899), apparently more people is having the same problem:

Having the same problem on a friends switch OLED with the picofly,
Ive tried installing the HATS pack in the card in case some corrupted file but it always show the error "failed to init sd card"
Also, trying that same pack on another SD card (a sandisk one) works perfectly.
I dont know what could it be but it happened from one day to another without an apparent reason, and what is more curious, I personally have a switch lite with the same chip and the exact same card bought on the same place, and it still works for me.
I dont know if it could be a manufacturing error but makes no sense because the PC can read the card and its files perfectly.
I would appreciate any ideas in case someone has some clue about what can be happening
(Attached photos, one from my lite with the card info and the other from the oled displaying the error)
1711909911193.png
1711909928207.png

Nephiel

Artificer
Trophies
XP
Country
I dont really know if this is the place to ask issues but in case anyone has a clue of what is happening Im copying-pasting the post I put in this github about this (github/CTCaer/hekate/issues/899)
Did formatting the card on a PC help? Also, which firmware version does that PicoFly have?

mx_arment

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Did formatting the card on a PC help? Also, which firmware version does that PicoFly have?
I formatted it in exFAT and FAT32, neither worked.
The chip had 2.74 and I reinstalled 2.73 to see if that would change anything, it didn't work either (I dont think updating to 2.75 would change smth)

I even copy another card that actually works into the samsung evo one, with a programm i believe it literally clone the sd (HDDRawCopy), guess what, nothing, the same error.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol