Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sorry I was away from motherbored. Here it is, all red is the lost traces. System wont boot. Blackscreen
Post automatically merged:

Redl lines are the damaged traces. System wont boot. Blackscreen. What do you think?
post *uneditied* photos please, it makes it hard to see if the point is *actually* damaged

• Haha
Reactions: LogicalMadness

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Sorry. Will take better pic as soon as I can. Does damaging it makes a black screen?
If the mmc chip dat0 bridge to point near it under chip... Yes it make black boot.or damge by heat.or small resistor damge by heat. Or clk if bridge to ground by scratch it to much and short to ground. Yes make black boot.rst rosen flux.also efect point to chip.

bilalhassan341

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry I was away from motherbored. Here it is, all red is the lost traces. System wont boot. Blackscreen

Redl lines are the damaged traces. System wont boot. Blackscreen. What do you think?
Upload a photo of trace without the edit.

If the mmc chip dat0 bridge to point near it under chip... Yes it make black boot.or damge by heat.or small resistor damge by heat. Or clk if bridge to ground by scratch it to much and short to ground. Yes make black boot.rst rosen flux.also efect point to chip.
That is why I prefer permanent Dat0 point on the board by grinding it.

Last edited by bilalhassan341,
Reactions: Danook28

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Interesting. If there was too much grinding and CLK is bridged to ground. How would you fix it?

Upload a photo of trace without the edit.

That is why I prefer permanent Dat0 point on the board by grinding it.
By removing the eMMC chip and soldering a wire to the third point? Is this how you do it?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

first of all why would u use a grinder to grind it away?
use a exacto knife or something sharp to schratch the layer away , that line is a connection from emmc to apu u need to restore it if the via is damaged.
and yes it can cause a black screen

u need to try to reconnect that via hole to the line

Reactions: LogicalMadness

FreeLander

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Attachments

• PHOTO-2023-05-24-13-49-00.jpg
    PHOTO-2023-05-24-13-49-00.jpg
    453.6 KB · Views: 29

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Thank you all. Here's a clearer picture.
@Dee87
@bilalhassan341
@Danook28
@Adran_Marit
Wow thats burnt af
give it a good clean if that doesnt get the burn off of the via hole take somethign scarp and scrape it carefully u need to get solder on there and make a prope connection back to the via line WITHOUT touching the ground pad.

good morning guys I need your help, which option should I choose, which will be the best chip to put my switch, I will pay a technician to do this he sells the hwfly and picofly chps, he charges very expensive, 170€ he charges the same price for installation of the 2 chips, HWFLY and PICOFLY I want to know which of these chips should I choose, is the installation cost the same?
BRO REALLY?
u already had a answer to that u dont need to ask 50 times the same question just read

fox87

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Denmark
Cut the shield and stick it where the RAM is, doesn't affect the temps (another user few posts suggested this back a few pages)

Fits without issue, just use some kafton tape over the ram and you can use hot glue to keep the board from moving on the metal plate that runs between the ram and gpu.
Could you maybe find the post again? Cant seem to find it.

Adran_Marit

Walküre's Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
In case that didn't work. Is my next option jump-wiring the trace all the way to a specific point in the eMMC after removing it?
Okay so the wire need to contact from the trace to the via. If that connection isn't there you need to make thw connection from the apu to emmc which, well yeah I'd try to jump it first. That or ask someone else to repair it

Reactions: FreeLander

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
In case that didn't work. Is my next option jump-wiring the trace all the way to a specific point in the eMMC after removing it?
if u do it propely it should work .

use 0.1mm wire or solder repair pads , but 0.1mm should be good enough for that job.

but add Uv mask on the ground that is exposed

if not there are pcb adapter that pinout Dat0 Cld Cmk that would be the best imo.
u have to remove the emmc set the adapter and on that u set the emmc they are preballed when u buy them

Last edited by Dee87,

Danook28

Trophies
XP
Country
Oman
Interesting. If there was too much grinding and CLK is bridged to ground. How would you fix it?

By removing the eMMC chip and soldering a wire to the third point? Is this how you do it?
You must desolder iron blob on clk point if it bridge to ground by use soldring wick. And before do that use multimater read diod mod it give you read 0.629 v. If Short to ground do the up guide . Then put soldring mask between clk and ground. Becarefull do not rip clk point.

To much bridge clk to ground then see this video he conect clk way from inside shell you can cut there and solder clk from half or jumper wier if that work and read with multimater . And the short well stop coz the clk well be way from the point that bridge to ground see pic.

Put fulx on clk or iso prop alcohol use mini grinder.

If clk point is not connected at its end to another side at its end only. This is just an attempt to help and please correct me if I'm wrong. I hope the problem will be solved in an easier way without damaging the device.

Attachments

• IMG_٢٠٢٣٠٥٢٤_١٥٢٩٠٨.jpg
    IMG_٢٠٢٣٠٥٢٤_١٥٢٩٠٨.jpg
    757.1 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_٢٠٢٣٠٥٢٤_١٥٥٢١٠_com.google.android.youtube.png
    Screenshot_٢٠٢٣٠٥٢٤_١٥٥٢١٠_com.google.android.youtube.png
    471.5 KB · Views: 29
  • Screenshot_٢٠٢٣٠٥٢٤_١٥٤٨٣٥_com.google.android.youtube.png
    Screenshot_٢٠٢٣٠٥٢٤_١٥٤٨٣٥_com.google.android.youtube.png
    503.3 KB · Views: 33

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: I think they should make a movie where Ed from FMA meets Ed from brotherhood +1