Hacking Hardware Picofly - a HWFLY switch modchip

Jonas225

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Just tried to boot EmuMMC CFW and it says "A fatal error occured when running Fusée. Package1 seems corrupt!"

Also Warmboot says "Unknown pkg1 version. HOS version not supported"

What can I do now?

Reactions: pedale

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There are new type of adapter dat 0 not need to reflow emmc chip at all on aliexpress same it on video.

there will never be anything better then a permanent dat0
Just tried to boot EmuMMC CFW and it says "A fatal error occured when running Fusée. Package1 seems corrupt!"

Also Warmboot says "Unknown pkg1 version. HOS version not supported"

What can I do now?
let me guess flashed 2.5X firmware without unlock ?

MrNatto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ISSUE: Sometimes my Lite doesn't enter RCM or even turn on when I press the power button. If I take off the back cover and shield and press power their is no light on the led to diagnose.

If I disconnect the power and then reconnect the power and press the power button, it goes blue-to-green and boots into hekate.

Does this sound like an issue with a connection or a short when closing the back shield? I have solder mask and kapton tape over every exposed connection.

Or is this a bootloader program issue? I'm on 2.65, I haven't tried updating or toolbox.

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
There are new type of adapter dat 0 not need to reflow emmc chip at all on aliexpress same it on video.

They have been around for a while now, and they are actually 4 anchor points, I guess sthetix made a mistake in the video.
They work great, until they don't. If you use your switch in dock most of the time then usualy there is no problem. But if you use it in handheld and you play alot of Dark Souls then, after a while you might have a problem. Heat and shaking will take their toll in the long run.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
They have been around for a while now, and they are actually 4 anchor points, I guess sthetix made a mistake in the video.
They work great, until they don't. If you use your switch in dock most of the time then usualy there is no problem. But if you use it in handheld and you play alot of Dark Souls then, after a while you might have a problem. Heat and shaking will take their toll in the long run.
Can't you just heat the chip up after the ankor is inserted? Wouldn't it also do a bind then?

Dee87

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
How long hot air time for you to remove the eMMC usually?
i go slowly 60sec with 100 60 sec 200 60 sec 250 if thats not enough i slowley turn it up till the emmc moves when i give it a notch and then i take it out

with emmcs u need to becareful they dont like tomuch heat and especially when u give then direct 300 orso

keep on mind i have a china hot eir station and i never clibratet it so might use different temps on other hotair stations
Post automatically merged:

Can't you just heat the chip up after the ankor is inserted? Wouldn't it also do a bind then?
yeah u can do that but alot of the times u will have issues with cracking solderballs as far as i heard

• Love
Reactions: jkyoho and QuiTim

QuiTim

Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
That's what sthetix uses to do, tin the dat0 adapter with lowmelt and then heat the chip after inserting the adapter but he found out that this mix of different alloy solders caused cracks in the solder joint over time and he stopped doind that.
The thing is that solder used in BGA has a melting point of 220+ so to make it bind with anything you need to use quite some heat on the emmc chip (it being bellow the chip).
At this point, if you can manage to heat the chip to that point without causing any damage (which is esentially the whole point of being good at reworks with heat gun) you might aswell do the reballing of bga since the hard part is done.
I can't speak from experience because i'm still not comfortable enough to use heat gun around these kind of components.

Reactions: linuxares

deeps

Trophies
XP
Country
A little observation from me:

2019 switch lite with samsung emmc: glitch time 1-5 seconds
2021 switch lite with toshiba emmc: glitch time 5-30 seconds

Reactions: nico77

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @ColdBlitz, i forgot breath of the wild released for the Wii u
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    $60 for a game that's a decade old might be unheard of on PC but actually is not uncommon on consoles
    +1
    especially Nintendo because they only ever lower the price of games when they do a greatest hits/platinum hits/players choice re-release
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, and the HD collections released for 7th gen consoles too
    but they don't seem to have done any of those for the switch yet and maybe never will
  • ColdBlitz @ ColdBlitz:
    I think we all forgot breath of the wild released for the wii u tbh
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @The Real Jdbye, tbh the HD collections are more justified since they include more than just 1 game per copy
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ I read that non-binary people identify as a blend of male and female. The point is i think i'm a blend of those and thus non binary
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, Non-binary people are those who don't identify themselves exclusively as male or female.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    I don't identify as anything, unless I need to get on a plane then I show ID
    +3
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    👈 [homo, queer, fag, coksuqr, etc......]
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, I meant that I read that they can also identify as what i mentioned
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I identify as Long Rod Johnson, cause a cat called me that once.
    +2
    [takes a 👀 in your pants] Liar :angry:
    +3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, and thus that would make me non binary since i feel like a blend of both male and female
    +1
    @Xdqwerty only time will tell, what/whom you are. At 14, its a bit early to "Define" yourself. :)
    +3
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I only recently have learned who I am and how much I am capable of and I'm 50 lol
    +3
    A thousand epiphanies and unbelievable pain and growth.
    +2
    I wish I could sum it up for children to understand but it truly takes living a lifetime of learning
    +2
    It's more than knowledge it's understanding
    +1
    Both are required
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @Psionic Roshambo, ask chatgpt or Google gémini to summarize it
    Lol summarize life's lessons
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause I'm full grown already.
    +1
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: My wifey tells me all the time "You need to grow the fuck up." Which I don't understand, cause... +1