Picked up my 5.3.2 Wii U yesterday. Ive got questions.

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by Agent Moose, Oct 16, 2015.

1. Agent Moose
    OP

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Hello there! Ive been doing a lot of stuff with the 3DS scene lately, ever since ninjax was released and i decided to try my hands at the wii u.

With that, i have some questions. Keep in mind, i have read multiple threads for the haxking of the wii u, so im going to try to keep those questions out of this post.

1. I have a mac, apparently this is a bad time for me to get a wii u, all i am seeing are applications that run on windows to load said wii u homebrew. Are there any ways to run them on mac? Parralells doesnt seem to like internet protocal stuff for me.
    2. Do have to havesjper smash to run the wii u explosifs? Can it be any other game. I do plan on getting t anyway, just curious as to why this is.
    3. Instead of hosting the hack files myself, can i just go to a certain website (like on 3DS?)
    4. Does tubehax block wii u updates? Is it safe for me to use?
    5. Is tere anyway i can link my nintendo ID to my brand new wii u? Not too important, just would be cool if i can.

Thanks for all the help! :D

2. ByteBite

ByteBite GBAtemp Regular

Aug 20, 2013
    Sweden
    1. Don't have a Mac so no comment.
    2. The exploit is designed for Smash Bros due to the SD card access priviliges the game has.
    3. Yes, see the Definitive Guide sticky in this forum: "How can I access the hacks online?". Some folks in the community have kindly hosted all the files needed.
    4. The Tubehax DNS, in my experience, is all that is needed for blocking updates. Some people want to double protect themselves so they blacklist specific IP addresses but it shouldn't be necessary.
    5. I'd imagine trying to access the NNID services on anything under 5.5.0 firmware would prompt you to update.

3. Agent Moose
    OP

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    Well I've got tubehax setup on my Wii U now and I'm trying to access the online exploit pages. It does come up, but as you already may know, when loading the Kernel Exploit it has a low chance of loading. What would be the best way for me to load it to raise the chances of it working?

4. [^Blark^]

[^Blark^] GBAtemp Fan

Dec 19, 2012
    United States
    There is no way. just suggestions by others:

1.clear cookies
    2.reload Web page 3-4 times before clicking kexploit
    3. etc etc...

but there's no definite way to increase loading chances. it works when it wants too. just something we have to deal with for now. but it's not big of a deal since all the stuff we can do with these exploits is worth the continues failed race attacks :D.

5. realg123

realg123 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 9, 2010
    Canada
    If Parralells is giving you issues. Have you thought about installing bootcamp?

6. Shuny

Shuny I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz

Nov 15, 2006
    France
    Somewhere in the world
    Or just use a virtual machine (VMware player / VirtualBox) instead of all the fancy Mac stuff.

7. Dvdxploitr

Dvdxploitr GBAtemp Fan

May 24, 2008
    United States
    I find using Oracale VM Virtual Box works great for alot of things......however, I don't have a 5.3.2 Wii U to test this with

8. Agent Moose
    OP

Agent Moose GBAtemp Fan

Dec 6, 2014
    United States
    I've thought about that a lot, but I also don't want to have to restart my computer into Windows just for the few things I need it for.

I shall try that. I also might just need to update my Parrellels since I've been having problems with more than just internet with it.

And I shall try that! I do'nt have super Smash Brothers yet so I can't do much with it but try to get the kexploit to load. I'm thankful that I never had to use browserhax on the 3ds, I know it doesn't want to work all the time, but at least the 3ds one seems to be more stable form what I hear :P