Photo Kano Translation

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Holyshield, Nov 19, 2015.

1. Holyshield
    OP

Holyshield Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2014
    United States
    Usa
    Hi Guys! Just started messing around in Hex editor and I started translating the eboot.bin file but when I save it and save the whole PSP game to .ISO file to proof the PSP doesn't read it it says Code 8002000. photo.JPG What do you guys suggest? Ive included a pic so you can see what I am doing. Your Suggestions are much appreciated!

2. flame1234

flame1234 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 17, 2009
    United States
    Does it sound like the error you get when you can't load a game (because signature does not match)? Or is it an in-game error?
    Did you try fullwidth SHIFT-JIS?
    Other than that, the only think I can think of is a signature check.

And I'm not sure the point of translated menus and such for a visual novel game. But whatever floats your boat.

3. soluuloi

soluuloi Member

Newcomer
    Feb 25, 2015
    I have no ideal about hacking but I have one thing to say, keep translating it. I will be waiting even if it takes years to finish.

Holyshield likes this.
  4. sadoku

sadoku Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2013
    Brazil
    Uou, I never though
    Me too, just the basic about C++ and python.

Holyshield likes this.
  5. zero_g_monkey

zero_g_monkey GBAtemp Fan

Aug 9, 2013
    United States
    Are you increasing the file by adding in extra bytes from your insertion?
    If you did this, chances are, stuff is shifted around and not pointing to proper location.

Did you use UMDGen and make sure to create a File Allocation table?

This will make a table of the file locations in the ISO. When you edit something and put it back in, make sure you select the import option after you have loaded all the files back in BUT before you save it in an uncompressed format. The save option is under the "Save As" option just above "File List".

File Allocation Export.png

Try this stuff and see if it helps.

Holyshield likes this.
  6. Holyshield
    OP

Holyshield Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2014
    United States
    Usa
    Thanks for your suggestions Zero_G Monkey Ill give them a shot. :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Its a Sig Check Error. I am using Shift JIS. But Im gonna try some stuff. Thanks!

7. Holyshield
    OP

Holyshield Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2014
    United States
    Usa
    Hehe it's a start! image.jpg

8. sadoku

sadoku Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 30, 2013
    Brazil
    Nice! I wish I could help, but... :\

Holyshield likes this.
  9. Holyshield
    OP

Holyshield Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2014
    United States
    Usa
    Almost done with the menus but I cannot for the heck of me find the script. Any suggestions?

Attached Files:

Lycanroc and reinzhart like this.
  10. mdtank

mdtank Member

Newcomer
    Dec 31, 2014
    Hungary
    Nice to see some progress, no idea about the script though.

Holyshield likes this.
  11. Holyshield
    OP

Holyshield Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2014
    United States
    Usa
    Ok im sure the script is in the Data.DNS files anyone got a suggestion for a program that can extract data from these types? Much appreciated!

12. zzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2015
    United States
    Data1, 2, 3 and 4 are PGD files.
    Change their file extensions to .PGD and use PSNPKGDecryptor&Extractor to decrypt them.
    For 1, 2 and 3, the decrypted result is a Criware CPK file. Data4 looks compressed but I don't know how.
    I tried using cpktools and CriPakTools to unpack the first three, but those tools weren't working. Using http://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/cpk.bms with quickbms did extract the archives, but without filenames.

The script files look to be contained in Data1. The script filetype's header is GSC2, with the text encoded as shift-jis.

Holyshield likes this.
  13. Holyshield
    OP

Holyshield Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2014
    United States
    Usa
    Thanks a bunch zzzzzzzzzzzz! I will give that a go! :)

14. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    look a nice work until now! o3o
    I don't know this game I will look about it XD
    do you need help with graphhics editing? o3oiswhat I can do lol

15. Holyshield
    OP

Holyshield Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2014
    United States
    Usa
    Forgive me ZZZZZZ but if you have access to this Data1 file could you send it my way? I would greatly appreciate it and It would help me ! I tried downloading several versions of PSNPKGDecryptor&Extractor but they didn't work. DO you have steps for trying your quickbms method? Thanks!

Ill let you know Ok? Thanks!

Thanks so much!

Sliter likes this.
  16. zzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2015
    United States
    To find the Data files, just extract the iso and navigate to PSP_GAME\INSDIR

Download PSNPKGDecryptor&Extractor from the bottom of the page at https://sites.google.com/site/theleecherman/psnpkgdecryptor-extractor
    Before you use the tool, rename the files' extensions to .PGD and then you should be able to just drag n' drop to decrypt them.

To use the quickbms cpk unpack script, first download the quickbms application from http://aluigi.altervista.org/papers/quickbms.zip and unpack and save it somewhere. Then copy and paste the script from http://aluigi.altervista.org/bms/cpk.bms into a text file and save that with whatever name you like. Now open quickbms.exe, select the textfile, select the decrypted Data file, and then choose where you want to save the exported files. Because the script is only working somewhat correctly, it'll try to name everything NULL. Type r to choose to rename the files so that they don't overwrite each other

17. Sliter

Sliter GBAtemp Psycho!

Dec 7, 2013
    Brazil
    ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
    ok!

18. Holyshield
    OP

Holyshield Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2014
    United States
    Usa
    Your help has been invaluable! Im working on translating some now. Do you know how I would go about in putting everything back once I'm done with the files? Thanks !!!

19. zzzzzzzzzzz

zzzzzzzzzzz Member

Newcomer
    Feb 8, 2015
    United States
    You'll need a a tool that can rebuild the cpk, then you can rename that cpk to Data1.DNS and replace the iso's original file. Apparently it's not necessary to reencrypt it to PGD?
    ULJS00378_00000.jpg

There are some programs like CriPackedFileMaker and CPKTools that can build a cpk given a directory of files, but when I tried these out the result wouldn't load in ppsspp. I'm not sure if that's because the quickbms script is unpacking the cpk improperly, thus preventing a proper rebuild, or if the rebuilt cpk is not compatible with the game's original cpk version CPKMC2.18.04, DLL2.78.04

Bad Bunny and Holyshield like this.
  20. Holyshield
    OP

Holyshield Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2014
    United States
    Usa
    Most excellent! I'll try some things I'll keep you updated! Thanks!

mdtank likes this.