Hacking Photo Kano Translation

zzzzzzzzzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the repacked cpks made with CriPackedFileMaker for Data2 and Data3 load fine, but not Data1 for some reason. The settings I used for building them were Data Align set to 2048 and File Mode set to ID.

Last edited by zzzzzzzzzzz,
Reactions: Holyshield

Holyshield

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Apparently the repacked cpks made with CriPackedFileMaker for Data2 and Data3 load fine, but not Data1 for some reason. The settings I used for building them were Data Align set to 2048 and File Mode set to ID.
I know I just found out the hard way, I spend a while translated DATA1 and tried it and no dice, Ill see what I can do on DATA2 or 3.

Holyshield

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You'll need a a tool that can rebuild the cpk, then you can rename that cpk to Data1.DNS and replace the iso's original file. Apparently it's not necessary to reencrypt it to PGD?
View attachment 31507

There are some programs like CriPackedFileMaker and CPKTools that can build a cpk given a directory of files, but when I tried these out the result wouldn't load in ppsspp. I'm not sure if that's because the quickbms script is unpacking the cpk improperly, thus preventing a proper rebuild, or if the rebuilt cpk is not compatible with the game's original cpk version CPKMC2.18.04, DLL2.78.04
is the above picture taken from which data set?

Holyshield

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of Data1 through 3, Data1 is the only one that contains the GSC2 script files which have the text that needs to be translated.
I mean that exact image, you succeeded in putting text in it, since Data 1 hasnt been able to be repacked is it data 2 or 3? Ive been thinking, maybe the data 1 file needs to be a certain size and when we repack it its smaller. What if we pad it with some dummy files to be the same size Data 1 was before we unpacked it. Its crazy but it might work.

zzzzzzzzzzz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I mean that exact image, you succeeded in putting text in it, since Data 1 hasnt been able to be repacked is it data 2 or 3? Ive been thinking, maybe the data 1 file needs to be a certain size and when we repack it its smaller. What if we pad it with some dummy files to be the same size Data 1 was before we unpacked it. Its crazy but it might work.
It's not Data2 or Data3, it's Data1. I was able to change the text by opening the decrypted (not unpacked) Data1 file, searching for the line, and then overwriting the original text. By doing it this way I avoided having to repack the file, although this would not be a viable way to translate the game because it prevents any translated line from being longer than the original.

And I don't think the issue with the repacked Data1 not being loaded is due to size change or a CRC check because you can add as much data as you like to the end of the decrypted Data1 file and it will still run the game fine.

Holyshield

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's not Data2 or Data3, it's Data1. I was able to change the text by opening the decrypted (not unpacked) Data1 file, searching for the line, and then overwriting the original text. By doing it this way I avoided having to repack the file, although this would not be a viable way to translate the game because it prevents any translated line from being longer than the original.

And I don't think the issue with the repacked Data1 not being loaded is due to size change or a CRC check because you can add as much data as you like to the end of the decrypted Data1 file and it will still run the game fine.
You've just helped me more than you know. This is gonna take some time!

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

image.jpg
Here we go..

Holyshield

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You've just helped me more than you know. This is gonna take some time!

View attachment 33046 Here we go..
Holy moley, i had no idea! Well If they finish before me. Ill stop working on this. This is something that i'm doing for fun since Im learning so much. Thanks for the head up!

Holyshield

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IMG_3779.JPG

Ive translated all I can, from the decrypted Data1.DNS, There's tons more when I extract it but I have hit a roadblock and I cant package it back and get it to work. :(

Reactions: sadoku

Holyshield

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ive attached the decrypted eboot if any one wants take a crack at it rather than let it go to waste.

Attachments

• Photo Kano(zipped) Folder.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 400
Reactions: mdtank

flame1234

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You shouldn't post this on this site.
OK would be a patch with binary difference between encrypted and decrpyted EBOOT, for example. That's worthless though - people know how to decrypt EBOOTs. If not, please let me know and I'll make a tutorial for it.
I'm not even sure what you actually did post. If you made EBOOT modifications, you should post a patch with binary difference between the original decrypted EBOOT and your version in order to share your work.
Programming notes or metadata like pointers would also be OK or even preferable since others could more easily pick up where you left off.

Danitzhu

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
¡Hi! i need help for edit TPK file, i'm try translate 7th Dragon 2020 to spanish but i'm stuck in that file (TPK and LUB extension) Event Folder. Does anyone know what tool should I use?
14509413_1091021607647940_736204536_n.png

Last edited by Danitzhu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, JonTron's back yet again until he disappears into the void for another 6 or...