Gaming Phil Spencer From Xbox Willing To Let Banjo Kazooie Appear In Super Smash Bros.

Do you want Banjo Kazooie in Super Smash Bros.?

• Total voters

deinonychus71

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's honestly incredible to see how far Microsoft has come since the whole Xbox one debacles. I went from loving Sony and hating Microsoft, to despising Sony on almost every level to applauding Microsoft. Weird.
I feel the same, especially with Sony blocking the cross-play, blocking region change (cause they seem to assume nobody will ever move to another country) and meanwhile Microsoft is getting rid of the console exclusivity bullshit and instead promotes a environment of console/pc.

Nevermore

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bsnjo-Kazooie is dead to me. My favorite game when I was a kid, Banjo-Tooie was fantastic also.

Then Nuts & Bolts happened all those years later, and even Yooka-Laylee is trash.

Blaze Uchiha

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think Playtonic could afford them right now. But that's not a bad idea. Maybe once Playtonic have a bunch of games behind them and have amassed a fortune they'll be able to afford the IPs. But by then they won't need them anymore...
Yooka and Laylee is a much more interesting pairing than Banjo and Kazooie ever was anyway, so if they intend to continue making games with them, I don't really see the need for them buying the Banjo-Kazooie IP.
But Conker's a much more unique character, and Rare/MS don't seem to be doing anything with the IP, so that one might still be worth it for Playtonic to pick up in the future.
Yeah but the Banjo-Kazooie characters are their babies. That was one of the major franchise that put those developers in the spotlight and got them where they are. I still haven't played Yooka-Laylee ( I haven't yet gotten around to buying it yet, but I definitely plan to eventually!) but I would make sure I have the chance to play a full fledged BK sequel ( I've only waited nearly 20 years for it and no I don't count N&B, cuz that game sucked hard!).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Cool, only banjo game I played was the gba one and I enjoyed it, I should get around to playing the 64 ones soon.
you really should! They're very great games that I still play every now and then to this day!

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Yeah but the Banjo-Kazooie characters are their babies. That was one of the major franchise that put those developers in the spotlight and got them where they are. I still haven't played Yooka-Laylee ( I haven't yet gotten around to buying it yet, but I definitely plan to eventually!) but I would make sure I have the chance to play a full fledged BK sequel ( I've only waited nearly 20 years for it and no I don't count N&B, cuz that game sucked hard!).

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

you really should! They're very great games that I still play every now and then to this day!
I know, but going back to Banjo-Kazooie now after they have spent all this effort coming up with a new IP would be a bit backwards. Also, the two are a bit too similar to coexist under the same roof, I think.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kaQqCfuxKoE