Hacking Phantom Hourglass

thebugsdontbothe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
is anyone else getting random crashes playing PH on their R4? its already frozen 4 times on me. the whole thing freezes but the music keeps going. anyone else?

Nero

GBAtemp RPG Maniac
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No one is getting crashes like you because... I'm not telling you directly...

Hint: Update your damn Firmware!
biggrin.gif
I'm pretty sure 1.11 is the update that fixes LoZ: PH.

~I hope I helped.
grog.gif

Rayder

Mostly lurking lately....
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What kind of microSD are you using? Slow ones can crash some games. Defragging your microSD is always a good thing to try too as extreme fragmentation will cause crashes because the game has to hunt all over the card to find the data it's looking for and the seek times may be crashing it.

A simple way to defrag your microSD:

Copy the entire contents of your microSD to your hard drive. Format the microSD. Copy everything back to the microSD. Voila! Card defragged. When the files copy from your PC to the microSD, it will put them in a straight line.

When formatting your microSD, I suggest FAT (A.K.A. FAT16) as opposed to FAT32. FAT32 is slower on a microSD card and isn't really necessary for cards 2gigs and under.

If none of that works, try to find a different download of the ROM. Maybe the one you have is corrupt.

HisshouBuraiKen

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Defrag and replace your current usrcheat.dat file with a 0-byte file (just open notepad and do a "Save As" "usrcheat.dat"

Someone suggested those in another topic and they worked for me. I don't use AR devices anyway so it doesn't bother me.

striderx

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Defrag and replace your current usrcheat.dat file with a 0-byte file (just open notepad and do a "Save As" "usrcheat.dat"

Someone suggested those in another topic and they worked for me. I don't use AR devices anyway so it doesn't bother me.

He (she?) didn't say he used any cheats. Would a corrupt usrcheat.dat file cause a problem even if you weren't using it?

striderx

yaw

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've got a problem when I open the rom it won't even start it says it can't find the gamecard. Is it the firmware? I don't now witch versionI have on it? I have it to with FIFA 08

Edit: I solved it by updating
smile.gif

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I haven't defragged my R4 and it works perfectly. Possibly it's just a bad rom dump or something.

shinyaku

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, I got the same problem with you guys...I managed to load the intro screen of the PH but just after it starts...well it crashed and freeze. I`m using the latest firmware of the R4ds and the latest Trim thingy...

What`s weird is the (Jap version) works fine but not the (US) ones. Can anybody help me?

Twiffles

танковые победы
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Okay... We should make a list of things that are actually happening to people. So far we have:
-Freezing
-Graphics glitches
-White screens

Are the black bars (like the title screen and some instances like it) supposed to be there?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: no, but fucking cockroaches