Gaming Phantasy Star Portable

Nekoxid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
alex said:
According to Gamespot(where I found a translation guide, hold on) it has a release date of March 29, 2009 It's out in Japan already, so maybe that's the US release? A translation would be useless.

And here's the closest I found to a translation: http://www.gamespot.com/psp/rpg/phantasyst...4238&page=0

Yes, the 2009 March 29 is the US release date. If I remember correctly, SEGA announced the english version (with the release date) on TGS.

Noitora

::
Trophies
Website
www.noitora.eu.pn
XP
Country
Greece
12philip12 said:
umm well i know your meaning is good butahh...

well first of all my pc cant type japanese letters
and it will go veeeeerrryy slow that way

is there some1 with a patch ??
As it seems he won't understand it otherwise.

NO PATCH EXISTS, NO PATCH IS BEING MADE, NOONE WILL MAKE ONE

monopoman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The only games that people actually take a large effort to make patches for are games that have 0% to 10% chance of being translated.

Titles like...

Tales of Innoncence
Mother 3
Seiken Densetsu 3
Star Ocean (SNES)
Soma Bringer
Monster Hunter Freedom 2G

etc...

No one will waste 100 or more hours translating a game that will get a US release in a few months. Odds are the official release will beat the translator anyways.

Translating is not easy don't pretend it is. Hacking the game is the hardest part and it takes a long time sometimes.

If you want the game translated beforehand do it yourself seriously. Either that or just WAIT for US release!

Komak57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is the 2nd leading hit from google for "phantasy star portable translation patch" in my usual google format ' translation patch'

As of recently, Phantasy Star Portable (USA) came out. I am greatly displeased. As with every other Phantasy Star series, Japan gets the tip of the cake. They are given Download-able content, rare region-locked weapons, and a few minor others.
hate2.gif

I'm here to request 1 of 2 things.
yaypsp.gif

I don't wish to continue playing if i'm starting from scratch, so if i can, ill continue with my imported Jap game. Which brings me to request 1. Can we get a translation patch. Usually, with identical copies of the same game in multiple languages, patches were made for the content availability, and were easier to achieve.

And If unlikely 2) can i request a link to a Save-Game hack so that i may 'transfer' my character. As Simple copy-pasting results (as usual) in "Corrupt Save File" error.

Props to the successful developer (if any). Thanks ahead.

Please note - The only reason to play the English version truthfully is for the Story content (as i cant read japanese, and manual trasnslations become tedious). Translation is not required for me to play, it just takes some of the errors out of playing when i put it down for a few months and come back to it. Like logging off without saving, or selecting the wrong mission.

Useless info: (because i like limited babble)
By translating, you may come across the "Download Browser" menu option from the Japanese game. For future references, this may be useful in tie-ing in a custom server protocol to allow this game easier online-access.

My Japanese character is currently Level 88 Beast Hunter. Leveling is NOT diffucult due to Phantasy Star's Downloaded content. One such dungeon is pretty long and the monsters have high "hp" rather than "defense" so they're easier to kill, but give high exp values. Monsters designed for a level ~70 are killable at level ~40. Also, uppon playing i have uncovered a number of Japanese specific weapons. 'Mags' from PSO BB were turned into weapons. My favorite is a Sega Master system which has a ~2 second attack speed and has a 100% knockdown to non-boss monsters.

themuddaload

Creepin' hardcore.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you can get master system on the eng ver... ive only gotten one sega system thing, but my friend has like 5 different ones....

and no, you wont find someone to translate the JP ver since there is a US ver... translations take normally a year or 2, and i dont think you will find alot of people who feel like taking 2 years from their lives so you can get like 10 weapons, that really dont matter to anyone on this board, your second option is more probable, but i still doubt anyone will make a program just for that. if you were able to get to lvl 80+ on the JP ver, seems like you can play with japanese words anyway...

Komak57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I accept your criticism, as its needed for all. But i like it to be constructive. You simply discarded my ideas with no real intention. Again, thank you, but i would like to hear from someone who actually has translation patch history on weather THEY would like or dislike this project, as well as any reasons they wish to discuss.

I don't wish for the translation to play the game, as i already have. But memorizing every menu in the game took time, and a lot of learning. I eventually got annoyed at my attempts and decided to translate the DS's PS0(zero) instead, as that one has its own online access (this was within a week of its release). It's one thing to translate a solo game, its another to translate a multi-player game. I don't particularly wish for much more than a menu translation. I already knew what most of the items were (little bit of trial, error, and comparison to PSU) but the menus still get me when i pick it up after a long break.

Again, i bring up the question of a PSP save-game hack or converter, so i can continue playing on either version i chose.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Which quote? "Twas I naked in the woods, and along came a wizard."?