Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

Temeraire

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, a crazy amount of work goes on behind the scenes. A lot of the stuff you probably won't notice in the end product but there have been countless improvements made in the interface and other facets of the project.
And we love you for it. You are making a good game even better.

One of the best phantasy star games in existence, and arguably the most fun game on the PSP.

Laskeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And we love you for it. You are making a good game even better.

One of the best phantasy star games in existence, and arguably the most fun game on the PSP.

Well arguably being the key word :P I personally think Monster Hunter's (Freedom Unite/Portable 3rd) got a lot going for it. But I love PSP2i and variety is the spice of life, or so they say :U

Marzz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saying, I just now signed up to this forum to both express my absolute amazement that this project is still live, and to express my gratitude for the people involved in actually getting it done. I am extremely excited about the patch being finished and honestly, I thought like most projects online that this would have died out a long time ago.

Congrats guys. I can't wait until it's finished!

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For those still playing or able to look it up, do you know which trade mission has the Bruce guy as the trader where he can go inside his truck and there's an option to call him out again?
I've been trying to find it but cant succeed for the life of me.

If you know which one it is, let me know please.

Laskeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those still playing or able to look it up, do you know which trade mission has the Bruce guy as the trader where he can go inside his truck and there's an option to call him out again?
I've been trying to find it but cant succeed for the life of me.

If you know which one it is, let me know please.

I haven't done any of the episode 2 stuff, is it unlocked through that? If not I could look it up.

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Most likely. I just remember that he says something like "if you need me I'll be in the back" (in Japanese) but I checked every trade mission several times and couldn't find it.

Laskeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most likely. I just remember that he says something like "if you need me I'll be in the back" (in Japanese) but I checked every trade mission several times and couldn't find it.

Well, my Japanese is limited to Kana (which is admittedly a lot of the game's text lol) so I doubt I'd be of any help anyways.

Laskeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey, does anyone have a favorite type/build? Most of the abilities aren't much more than damage/stat increases but there's some fun synergies like Force with Super Armor and -verse type Techs.

I was playing Hunter (mostly with Swords and Twin Daggers) but I realized I suck at guarding :v

Before that I was doing Ranger with Longbows. Not necessarily the best combo but Ranger does have access to skills that arguably benefit longbows the most due to their high base damage, I didn't get as far as to know if RA can use tier 3 Longbow bullets though and I imagine that would be kind of a big deal.

Last edited by Laskeri,

ArtyMarty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hey, does anyone have a favorite type/build? Most of the abilities aren't much more than damage/stat increases but there's some fun synergies like Force with Super Armor and -verse type Techs.

I was playing Hunter (mostly with Swords and Twin Daggers) but I realized I suck at guarding :v

Before that I was doing Ranger with Longbows. Not necessarily the best combo but Ranger does have access to skills that arguably benefit longbows the most due to their high base damage, I didn't get as far as to know if RA can use tier 3 Longbow bullets though and I imagine that would be kind of a big deal.
My current character is my favorite, a very unexplored and kinda stupid concept but has actually been pretty successful (as in, finished episode 1 and rebirthed and seems to be okay fighting at about that level; no idea about later). The sole purpose: actually make use of multiple of a duman Vanguard's high offense stats at the same time! If you use just a two-handed or double weapon, you're always doing something inferior to another race and class, right? Well this is something only duman Vanguards are the best at!

Here's what my weapon slots look like (plus an obligatory buff rod):
  • Slicer + R-Mag that shoots straight: this is the one I use most and it's surprisingly effective! Uses mostly ATK (slicer) and ACC (making slicer actually hit, most of R-mag damage), but R-mags also factor in one quarter of TEC in their damage. The rarity of the R-mag also raises the overall ATK, including the slicer's.
  • Whip + Tech Mag with Foverse: Whips are usually pretty unwieldy in that they are for targeting close crowds but will usually get you hit and interrupted. Foverse makes the perfect complement because of this. ATK with whip, ACC for making sure it hits, TEK for the Foverse. Whip increases TEK!
  • Wand with Sazonde + R-Mag that shoots spreads: Sort of a mid-range crowd control/combo builder and boss fighter. Strafing around groups firing off Sazonde while the mag racks up even more combo and disables. TEK and ACC are used.
  • Dagger + R-Mag that shoots rapid: This works well for single-target damage and keeps combos going/disables while you move around for your angle. Dagger boosts ACC (by a substantial amount given how much differently ACC is weighted) and R-Mag boosts ATK, so they complement each other quite strongly. Damage is mostly from ATK with ACC coming second, but there's a smidgen of TEC because R-Mag. Having Foverse still going from another weapon set makes this even better.
I don't have anything particularly cool in abilities, just made sure to dip everything to level 2 to get ATK Boost, ACC Boost and TEC Boost. PP Escape Save feels completely mandatory on a duman I guess.

Anyway that's what I play around with while waiting for the patch! Figure I might as well use lots of Infinity's cool new options if I can't understand anything else in it.

Laskeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Hm I especially like the Whip + Foverse T-Mag. I was trying Slicers for a bit, but they seemed unnecessarily difficult to be effective with, though I remember liking them quite a lot in Phantasy Star Zero.

In PSP2 I almost exclusively played VaNewm, though I didn't get very far. They seemed a lot more effective there than here, at least in the early game. Of course that was some time ago so I was less interested in min-maxing :P

ArtyMarty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hm I especially like the Whip + Foverse T-Mag. I was trying Slicers for a bit, but they seemed unnecessarily difficult to be effective with, though I remember liking them quite a lot in Phantasy Star Zero.

In PSP2 I almost exclusively played VaNewm, though I didn't get very far. They seemed a lot more effective there than here, at least in the early game. Of course that was some time ago so I was less interested in min-maxing :P
Really? Slicers seem pretty straightforward to use for me, and have unique properties as an ATK-based ranged weapon that is also held in the right hand (allowing its synergistic combination with R-mags), even just ignoring the multi-hit part. Until the Foverse combo clicked for me I thought whips were hard as balls to do anything with safely, but slicers can practically be used like a handgun.

Laskeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Slicers seem pretty straightforward to use for me, and have unique properties as an ATK-based ranged weapon that is also held in the right hand (allowing its synergistic combination with R-mags), even just ignoring the multi-hit part. Until the Foverse combo clicked for me I thought whips were hard as balls to do anything with safely, but slicers can practically be used like a handgun.

Well, it may have had something to do with the fact that my controller's LB button was bugging out on me when I tried them. :v

They also just feel not very satisfying to use? That's not really their fault outside of the fact that they sacrifice damage for piercing, but I mean, swords can easily hit multiple targets and have really high DPS overall. I dunno.

ArtyMarty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, it may have had something to do with the fact that my controller's LB button was bugging out on me when I tried them. :v

They also just feel not very satisfying to use? That's not really their fault outside of the fact that they sacrifice damage for piercing, but I mean, swords can easily hit multiple targets and have really high DPS overall. I dunno.
Could be that the character's ATK and combo level is being boosted by the R-Mag enough for me to not feel that way. It could also be that this build idea is so completely dumb that I don't have a good frame of reference for effecient use of weapons anymore. :D

Laskeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Could be that the character's ATK and combo level is being boosted by the R-Mag enough for me to not feel that way. It could also be that this build idea is so completely dumb that I don't have a good frame of reference for effecient use of weapons anymore. :D

I mean, that's a possibility. One of the other problems I have with Slicers is there's not much variety with them in the early game, although I guess that applies to a lot of weapons (Cards, Crossbows, Laser Cannons, etc.). With swords you have at least 3 in every level range.

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys/gals, passing through to give regards to everyone. Real life caugth up hard on my free time, but I'm always looking up to see how are you doing. I'll be there hoping that everyone is well so we can play some Phantasy Star in the future.

As always, thanks for everything.

Reactions: Weyu

Laskeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I'm slightly stumped. I'm looking to grind for the level 40 Twin Dagger Nightmare Blood, and kizuna wiki says
ボス箱
烈風A(Fo) IM刃獣B,A
IM常夏C-B(LV1-99)
スタティリア系:テーブル2

So it can be found in the boss box from Dyla Bravace in rank B or A Infinity Missions, and is the Beach Resort area line saying that you need to have Stateria table 2 to be able to get it to drop or can you grind it off of any Beach IM?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Skelletonike @ Skelletonike: You infidel.