Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

Sablik1998

Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Hi, I'm new here and i'm really excited 'cause i like Phantasy Star series and i'm waiting for this patch. ^^
I know it may take some time but i'll be waiting. I've got just one question... How long it may take to finish work on this patch?
And sorry if my english is bad...

SpicySausage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I'm new here and i'm really excited 'cause i like Phantasy Star series and i'm waiting for this patch. ^^
I know it may take some time but i'll be waiting. I've got just one question... How long it may take to finish work on this patch?
And sorry if my english is bad...
There's no solid estimate on when the patch will be done, however many users and the ones working on the patch can tell you that progress is being made and the project is being taken care of.
You could use DeviFoxx's translation guide, which can be used to help play the game. Some people don't like having to switch between their game and a PDF though.

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Impossible to give a date, like some guy once said, it would be like launching a rocket and getting it to land through a basket hoop on the other side of the world.
Just too many variables (the amount of files, my/Jam's free time, unexpected issues, etc.)
A wide estimate would be "sometime before the end of this year" if I were forced to give an answer, but it's not set in stone. The scope of this project is just that big.

Also, if anyone wants to volunteer to work on the wikia someone started, you're free to do so: http://psp2-infinity.wikia.com/wiki/PSP2_Infinity_Wikia
Interest seems to have whittled down during the new year's and I don't have time to work on that and the game itself or I would, but any qualified help would be welcome in my eyes. Especially from dedicated fans of the series who know their stuff and can craft nice looking pages.

Look at the God Eater wikia to draw an example, that looks very well done to me at a glance. I'd be delighted if a few people were willing to work out something of similar quality. :)

Anyway, here's a pic of a result screen with translated entries from the new file set. (Graphical bug included free of charge.)

9qH82D0.jpg

insertcoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, please i need some help:
I installed last ppsspp build, and like a stupid, i erased my ppsspp\memstick\psp\SYSTEM\ppsspp.ini. I configured it from memory, but problem is, playing PSP2i i have the depth range hack working ok, but in maps, i can see some doors or warterfall or boxes troughtou walls (and that's my problem). before my stupid mistake, i had psp2i with its own config, and all was fine troughtout the lasts ppsspp updates since months. So, if someone can upload to some link his ppsspp.ini config, that would be greatly apreciated thanks. I tried already several configs, but i don't remember how i configured it before, and that's annoying. I know this is surely not the place for this, but you're the only people i know who play this beloved game, so yeah, i greatly apreciate some help here.

PS: dont mind that post, i'll rework configs from build ppsspp-v1.1.1-494-gc97c3e3 as it work flawlessly, then i'll upgrade to last build as i've always done, should work.

PS2: After several builds tests, here is: up to build (ppsspp-v1.1.1-612-gd4ad1a6) psp2 & psp2i work flawlessly, and are broken (translucent walls etc) from builds v1.1.1-621-gf081229 up to last one for now build: ppsspp-v1.1.1-658-gd479990.

Last edited by insertcoin,
Reactions: Hargrun and JC200X

Laskeri

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, please i need some help:
I installed last ppsspp build, and like a stupid, i erased my ppsspp\memstick\psp\SYSTEM\ppsspp.ini. I configured it from memory, but problem is, playing PSP2i i have the depth range hack working ok, but in maps, i can see some doors or warterfall or boxes troughtou walls (and that's my problem). before my stupid mistake, i had psp2i with its own config, and all was fine troughtout the lasts ppsspp updates since months. So, if someone can upload to some link his ppsspp.ini config, that would be greatly apreciated thanks. I tried already several configs, but i don't remember how i configured it before, and that's annoying. I know this is surely not the place for this, but you're the only people i know who play this beloved game, so yeah, i greatly apreciate some help here.

PS: dont mind that post, i'll rework configs from build ppsspp-v1.1.1-494-gc97c3e3 as it work flawlessly, then i'll upgrade to last build as i've always done, should work.

PS2: After several builds tests, here is: up to build (ppsspp-v1.1.1-612-gd4ad1a6) psp2 & psp2i work flawlessly, and are broken (translucent walls etc) from builds v1.1.1-621-gf081229 up to last one for now build: ppsspp-v1.1.1-658-gd479990.

It's possible they broke the depth range hack because they removed it as an option and instead made it a game specific hack.

insertcoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's possible they broke the depth range hack because they removed it as an option and instead made it a game specific hack.
Hi, yeah, one of the dev wrote Correct clamped depth range from [0, 65535]. This changes a few things: * All backends clamp the depth range and keep it positive. * The depth rounding uniform is now properly dirtied. * Projection is updated to translate and scale appropriately. * Depth rounding is halved on OpenGL to account for [-1, 1] range. Fixes Phantasy Star Portable 2 without the need for a game-specific hack.
It effectively arranged the depth range but bringed the old translucent walls bug again. Should stay with V1.1.1-612-gd4ad1a6 for now, i'll try out new builds as they come live.

ArtyMarty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Thanks for narrowing-down the last good build, Insertcoin. I was at the trial-and-error phase going down buildbot archives finding depth-related changelogs and gave up.

SpicySausage

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
still can't get into multimode on PPSSPP not even alone
PPSSPP freezes for me in multimode for a good 15 or so seconds, wait and see if anything happens.
Somewhat on the topic of this, Max Attack Infinity tosses me into an infinite loading loop, has anyone else had this problem?

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Are you using Windows 7?
It seems to be a problem with that, the newer versions don't appear to have the issue as often.
I suspect it's some sort of piece of software or setting that is manually on (or off) on the newer OS', just that no one has figured out what it is.

xBladeM6x

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also, if anyone wants to volunteer to work on the wikia someone started, you're free to do so: http://psp2-infinity.wikia.com/wiki/PSP2_Infinity_Wikia
Interest seems to have whittled down during the new year's and I don't have time to work on that and the game itself or I would, but any qualified help would be welcome in my eyes. Especially from dedicated fans of the series who know their stuff and can craft nice looking pages.

Anyway, here's a pic of a result screen with translated entries from the new file set. (Graphical bug included free of charge.)
Yesssssss, been waiting for someone to start a Wiki for this game!

insertcoin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for narrowing-down the last good build, Insertcoin. I was at the trial-and-error phase going down buildbot archives finding depth-related changelogs and gave up.
No problem, by the way, i dont know since when, but portable 1 text is working again, no need to use last old 0.9...323 build. and for now still 1.1.1.612 the best.

Last edited by insertcoin,

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi bubs, sorry for the silence. When things finally slowed down my health took a hit. However even when less active, I'm always lurking.

On PPSSPP 647 build I can enter multimode, but selecting a mission lock you to a endless load screen. Usually the latest builds should be what you want, but you need to find one with the "right" bugs.

As for the wiki I'm still wary. Right now there isn't much I can do besides copying, and it's much harder to edit already done work than to create yours. My desire is to wait a v1.0 patch and then create tables and whatnot using Weyu and Jam's definitions. It will be ready far beyond the patch, but I can't justify creating another just because. What do you think?

Weyu

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I think there are many things involved with making a wiki, mostly just time/effort factors that could be done. It's all about finding the motivation to do so.
Some things such as creating a proper page structure would already be a start, even if the pages themselves had no content.
It allows others to see what content is required in those pages which is helpful to generate more contributions as well, if someone gets it going with an example.

And of course you get the satisfaction of having created something.
I understand that most people don't want to invest their time into working on a wiki for a game they can't even play in English yet, but personally I would appreciate it if someone did. ;)
For example, you could create a character section with a proper link structure (one page for each character and tagged by race/organization, etc.), make placeholder sections (introduction, bio, skills, quotes, trivia, and so on) and dig up some good pictures.

Just having that would already go a long way, to throw out an idea.

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
proper link structure

If I understood, between this and other things you said what you meant is creating a functional skeleton to ease things. Nice, and maybe I can learn how to do this properly while no solid info is available. It also allow me to shy away from text-heavy content, as my english isn't sufficient for that.

Dunno what Beob wanted, but my view of a good wiki is something clear and concise, with as little fluff as possible. An example of my point is Dark Souls Wikidot vs. Fextralife: content quality aside, Wikidot is much less cluttered and noisy to me. Wikia doesn't help, as there's lot of junk left and right which really puts me off.

By your phrasing, you have a better picture of what to do Weyu. If you feel like dropping me some hints, I will be very thankful.

---

Oops, I lack permissions to edit a good deal of things without Beob. @Tohmas V. Beoblade, could you allow me?

Last edited by Fefo,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Gotta catch em all lol