Hacking Phantasy Star Portable 2 Infinity - English Translation

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After Hargrun insight I'm totally against it. It creates too much issues for a small solution to what isn't even a problem. Unless you work up a menu option for swapping, textures and all, but even so it's completely unecessary.

Reactions: Mage-Andrey

FailName

░▒▓█▓▒░
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I remember it being just as hit-and-miss as RemoteJoy
Just so that doesn't happen, here's the plugin set up to automatically swap X and O when starting a game. It's set to have the note button deactivate it.

Personally, I like to have startup set as off, so it only swaps the buttons after I push the buttons. But that's just because I like to leave it on for every game, and want to be able to swap the buttons whenever I want to.

I also support leaving the default buttons in the translation patch. Maybe include the button swapping as a separate, optional patch?

Attachments

• Macrofire329 OX Remap.zip
    67.6 KB · Views: 147
Reactions: Fefo

DiogoN96

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
just throwing my opinion out there: i don't care for the swap of the x and o buttons either. either way is fine for me, i'm used to both.

JamRules

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you guys insist on this X/O thing at least consider making two versions of the patch, please.

Don't worry, I prefer X anyway

What system menus? Graphics I believe exist also icon for X, so you can just change that. But have to do it everywhere...

Stuff like the save, load menu - though on deeper thought that's not a problem on this game since it uses it's own menus not the built in ones

Reactions: Hargrun

Scorp

Trophies
XP
Country
Kazakhstan
Stuff like the save, load menu - though on deeper thought that's not a problem on this game since it uses it's own menus not the built in ones

Save/load is patched with 1 extra command, no? :) Anyway all this is really small thing to consider.

ineedPSP2i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wow I didn't expect that question to get so much attention! If its a huge hurdle to overcome its complete fine to ignore it and leave it to default standard. Having it the English standard would make it uniform to those of us who are not japanese, but having it in the English language is the most important part in the first place. If it significantly delays release time Jam, please ignore everything we said about X/O :lol:

edit: forget EVERYTHING that was said about this, just leave it as O/X please :V

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Haha, your edit was confusing. Swap everything to voice commands, I'll still totally devote myself to this game when they translate it.

Reactions: JamRules

ineedPSP2i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah sorry about that. I was just reading the posts following the button swap suggestion and got scared that it would end up delaying the patch release, so I said forget it all. Hopefully that clears that up. I don't know how well yelling at the psp or ppsspp would work on Infinity missions/rank! lol

ineedPSP2i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bump! Cause PSP2i is king and deserves the spot up top. Another question though, is this site https://sites.google.com/site/psp2iwiki/ the closest thing we have to an English database? Its missing a good amount of data and I was wondering if we could maybe edit it somehow? PSUpedia was put into a compressed, closed for editing as a way to keep costs of hosting it for cheap and as a bible for PSU, PSP1, and PSP2, so that's out unfortunately.

One more thing, guessing patch progress is somewhere between 40-60%. Its a wild guess but that progress video was also mixed in terms of whats been translated.

Fefo

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil

Even if this is true, always remember that just because it took X time to reach Y, 2X time won't necessarily reach 2Y.

As for wikis we have to deal with this and http://psp2.psupedia.info/. There's also a japanese (can't remenber the link) who can be somewhat used with translation, with more information like status effect mechanics, for example.

ineedPSP2i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Even if this is true, always remember that just because it took X time to reach Y, 2X time won't necessarily reach 2Y.

As for wikis we have to deal with this and http://psp2.psupedia.info/. There's also a japanese (can't remenber the link) who can be somewhat used with translation, with more information like status effect mechanics, for example.

That's true unfortunately. Praying to God for a summer release so my brother isn't bored and we have something new to play, but its totally random.

Anyway, is the PSP2 portion of PSP2i all the complete same, drop wise? As in, PSP2pedia is compatible with PSP2i? I can't imagine they would totally redo the drop table, besides maybe a few things and of course adding drops to Infinity rank.

Atlas_Noire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Anyway, is the PSP2 portion of PSP2i all the complete same, drop wise? As in, PSP2pedia is compatible with PSP2i? I can't imagine they would totally redo the drop table, besides maybe a few things and of course adding drops to Infinity rank.

Drop wise, there's been only little changes from PSP2 to PSP2I. And yes, PSP2pedia is still 100% compatible with PSP2I. I also happen to have found this spreadsheet lying around: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AneZiaAiYedKdFM4Y2lhdVQ1dEFzSXRUTVU4UmFRU1E&gid=0
It only translates weapon names, shield weaves/, modules and trade items. It also includes some illustrations of the weapons including the DLC ones.

Reactions: Fefo

ineedPSP2i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Drop wise, there's been only little changes from PSP2 to PSP2I. And yes, PSP2pedia is still 100% compatible with PSP2I. I also happen to have found this spreadsheet lying around: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/pub?key=0AneZiaAiYedKdFM4Y2lhdVQ1dEFzSXRUTVU4UmFRU1E&gid=0
It only translates weapon names, shield weaves/, modules and trade items. It also includes some illustrations of the weapons including the DLC ones.

All of that is great to know, thanks.

ineedPSP2i

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Time for the weekly bump to put the king of fan translations back in the spotlight!

I started PSP2i earlier this week and have seen most if not all of the new content. I must say, all the touch ups and rebalances have really made the game more fun. However, I'm a bit disappointed in some of the newer bosses. Olga Flow, especially. Sonic Team gave him ADHD this time around and its impossible to get a high chain going without a gunner backing you up. The kill cutscene also seems like it was put on fast forward and lacks the buildup that the original PSO cutscene had. Dark Falz Dios, same thing. Jumps around a lot, you do 20 damage without a chain going or if you're not hitting the head, but that one is more manageable. The absolute worst new boss however has to be that brown robot that's at the end of that Parum mission on the train, bleh. The new missions however are great and jam packed with enemies and action. Don't even get me started on the Max Attack Infinity DLCs and Gurhal Heroes and all the variety and spawns they contain. So while its not the perfect expansion I was hoping for, its still PSP2 with even more content and rebalances, so I'm satisfied. This only strengthens my desire for the English patch, that way I can better understand what I'm doing and when its ok to discard/sell things!

Finally, while I can't help the group progress with the patch, I can help the community. If you want your English PSP2 save converted so its Infinity ready, upload it here https://www.sendspace.com/ and then PM it to me and I'll take care of it. Please note that I'm not sure if this will work if you have a European save. All North American saves will work.

Again, thank you Jam and the team for making this possible and godspeed to the project.

James01

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Time for the weekly bump to put the king of fan translations back in the spotlight!

I started PSP2i earlier this week and have seen most if not all of the new content. I must say, all the touch ups and rebalances have really made the game more fun. However, I'm a bit disappointed in some of the newer bosses. Olga Flow, especially. Sonic Team gave him ADHD this time around and its impossible to get a high chain going without a gunner backing you up. The kill cutscene also seems like it was put on fast forward and lacks the buildup that the original PSO cutscene had. Dark Falz Dios, same thing. Jumps around a lot, you do 20 damage without a chain going or if you're not hitting the head, but that one is more manageable. The absolute worst new boss however has to be that brown robot that's at the end of that Parum mission on the train, bleh. The new missions however are great and jam packed with enemies and action. Don't even get me started on the Max Attack Infinity DLCs and Gurhal Heroes and all the variety and spawns they contain. So while its not the perfect expansion I was hoping for, its still PSP2 with even more content and rebalances, so I'm satisfied. This only strengthens my desire for the English patch, that way I can better understand what I'm doing and when its ok to discard/sell things!

Finally, while I can't help the group progress with the patch, I can help the community. If you want your English PSP2 save converted so its Infinity ready, upload it here https://www.sendspace.com/ and then PM it to me and I'll take care of it. Please note that I'm not sure if this will work if you have a European save. All North American saves will work.

Again, thank you Jam and the team for making this possible and godspeed to the project.

Thanks for the update. Thanks to dev for making the patch possible may force be with you. keep it up guys. thanks

Atlas_Noire

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

Honestly for me, the only boss that's really worth the fun and challenge is the Yaoroz. the Olga Flow mission is fun too, but I personally hate the elevator sequence. I can barely strike a 20-hit combo with a melee weapon, and you can only do that with ranged weapons or technics. The real fun only begins in the second phase. The key to beating Dark Falz Dios is to hit the glowing part of his body (the one that shows a distorted face) which in a way is very challenging, and not to mention of that soul-linking ability which returns a portion of the damage you inflicted back to you.

I remember that there's a thread in the pso-world forums that offer PSPo2 US to JPN savedata conversion. Of course, I'm also interested in converting saves otherwise, that's great to know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.