prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
QPeyz.jpg
Sega of Japan has announced today that they are seeking experienced game developers to work on Phantasy Star Online 2. They are seeking a client programmer, a planner, and a server programmer.
Resume Submission
- Client Programmer
- Planner
- Server Programmer
But I’m not any of those things, how can I help with development of the game? Fear not, now you can send a message directly to the Sega staff telling them anything you expect from Phantasy Star Online 2. At this new website you can send any opinion, issue, and request you want for the game, but keep in mind Sega will only read them and can not reply back.

Hm Terada‘s post felt like a Rapico post. Not that I’m complaining, makes it easier for me.
* Terada talks about the Kizuna (Bonds Infinity Set) you get when pre-odering.
* That set comes with product codes for Flowen and Rico’s outfits, Dyla Bravas Mission Code, and Duman’s signature weapons.
* Talks about if anyone can fill the requirements / recommendations of the experienced game developer.
- Game developer with at least 3 years experience.
- PC/XBOX360/PS3, experience with developing on any of these systems.
- Peer2Peer and Server Client communication models for network gaming
- 3D Action, FPS Character control/management, and AI programming.
- Network Game management.
- Leader like quality.[/p]
icon12.gif
Source

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Damn, there's a 1,200 character limit on the form...

Guess I'll have to trim down my suggestions a bit.

EDIT: Trimmed and it's still over 1,700. >>; Guess I'll just send in two forms.

EDIT2:
I liked the battle system in PSU/PSP, it flowed more. It was less like playing chess (the PSO movement system) and felt a lot more realistic. If you could bring some improvements to that to PSO2 it'd make me happy.

In PSO I liked the wide variety of weapons and their unique looks. If you could add more classes and variety of weapons it'd please the players who either like their aesthetics, or constantly try to find better equipment.

Please make the music not repetitive. A loop of a 15-minute track is much preferable to a loop of a 2-minute track. On the note of music, I absolutely loved the music of Area 3 (the Mine). PSU/PSP didn't have "dynamic" music (that changed when enemies appeared), and that was an annoying change.

In the original game, the first areas (Forest) had great designs... but then the second (Cave) was a total mess (with the third and fourth improving just a bit). I hated caves because it was just so repetitive. It went from flowing beautiful areas to the same square rooms copy-pasted over and over and over... no fun at all. Please try to have the same formula you did with Forest, where you have a fully-designed pretty area that's not just sectioned-off square rooms.

I didn't like how a lot of monsters were just skins of other monsters in each game. Please add a large variety of monsters that aren't just modifications of each other!

Also, if you could add some additional level of mag interaction (with raising them) that's optional but would increase what they can do, that'd be awesome. Something like playing little minigames with them (via a menu you can bring up or something) to get them towards learning an additional ability or aspect (such as blocking a hit for you every so often).

prowler

Sony
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Rydian said:
I liked the battle system in PSU/PSP, it flowed more. It was less like playing chess (the PSO movement system) and felt a lot more realistic. If you could bring some improvements to that to PSO2 it'd make me happy.

In PSO I liked the wide variety of weapons and their unique looks. If you could add more classes and variety of weapons it'd please the players who either like their aesthetics, or constantly try to find better equipment.

Please make the music not repetitive. A loop of a 15-minute track is much preferable to a loop of a 2-minute track. On the note of music, I absolutely loved the music of Area 3 (the Mine). PSU/PSP didn't have "dynamic" music (that changed when enemies appeared), and that was an annoying change.

In the original game, the first areas (Forest) had great designs... but then the second (Cave) was a total mess (with the third and fourth improving just a bit). I hated caves because it was just so repetitive. It went from flowing beautiful areas to the same square rooms copy-pasted over and over and over... no fun at all. Please try to have the same formula you did with Forest, where you have a fully-designed pretty area that's not just sectioned-off square rooms.

I didn't like how a lot of monsters were just skins of other monsters in each game. Please add a large variety of monsters that aren't just modifications of each other!

Also, if you could add some additional level of mag interaction (with raising them) that's optional but would increase what they can do, that'd be awesome. Something like playing little minigames with them (via a menu you can bring up or something) to get them towards learning an additional ability or aspect (such as blocking a hit for you every so often).
Let's hope they read the English suggestions ;-;

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
prowler_ said:
Let's hope they read the English suggestions ;-;
Yar.
ohnoes.png

Was going to include a google translation, but the character limit is bad enough.

They might, as localization doesn't involve changing core features, so they're going to have to plan out stuff in the beginning anyways.

Maplemage

ಠ_ಠ
Trophies
XP
Country
I sure hope its gonna be awesome, the blue burst version was awesome (I played the schthack hack or whatever server it was awesome) Thou, I have a lot of games that are distracting me atm >.>
Oh Prowler_ >.> I see what you did thar.
icon12.gif
Source

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)