OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
pso2917.jpg

Phantasy Star Online 2 which officially launched in Japan on July 4th 2012, has now been announced for a Western release arriving early 2013.

icon11.gif
http://www.pso-world...lease-pso2-2013

First time posting news since the new guidelines went up, tell me if there's anything to fix or if I did anything incorrectly >>;

EDIT:
Announcement trailer. Basically the opening cinematic, but eh.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bm1ZPgxStE4&feature=player_embedded
Thanks MakiMan~

Reactions: 1 person

Varia

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh wow, awesome news. I started playing the Japanese version a few weeks ago (open-beta), but didn't understand a thing, so I quit until an English patch would rise.
The servers won't be combined, will they?
I was only level 4, so nothing really lost there. Still, it did take me 2 hours to make my character D:

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wasn't/isn't there a Vita version of this coming out?

That being said... eh. I remember playing Portable and Portable 2 on the PSP and never finding them interesting, just felt bland and uninteresting. I don't think I'd bother with a MMO version of it when there's already a big market of F2P MMOs out there.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Wasn't/isn't there a Vita version of this coming out?

That being said... eh. I remember playing Portable and Portable 2 on the PSP and never finding them interesting, just felt bland and uninteresting. I don't think I'd bother with a MMO version of it when there's already a big market of F2P MMOs out there.
Yep, there is. Dunno when its coming though. AFAIK both PC and Vita versions will be compatible with each other.
I would suggest giving it a shot regardless, its quite different from the PSP iterations, combat is fun as hell. Should be good unless Sega goofs up the localization again >>; AFAIK PSU and PSO western version had a lot of issues compared to the JP version, bugs, lack of updates etc. Though that's just me saying what other peeps have said, can't confirm it myself

Ultymoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ohmygodyesohmygodyesohmygodyes-

I think I peed a little. Two drops.

But seriously, I've been playing the Japanese version in closed and open betas, and now on the actual thing. I've found no need for the cash shop stuff, as anyone with enough skill with dodging should have no problem living in that game. The gameplay itself is incredibly fun, and the classes actually feel kind of balanced for a change. Now that it's coming to the U.S? Awwwww yeaaaaaah.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India
Isn't cash shop stuff just cosmetic or EXP anyway? Alongside MyShop and MyRoom functions?
There isn't exactly any other gameplay changing elements it sells, besides exp and IIRC meseta boosters >> Which aren't exactly needed since the game isn't a total grindfest >

Ultymoo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Isn't cash shop stuff just cosmetic or EXP anyway? Alongside MyShop and MyRoom functions?
There isn't exactly any other gameplay changing elements it sells, besides exp and IIRC meseta boosters >> Which aren't exactly needed since the game isn't a total grindfest >

It will probably turn into a grindfest, but at least it's one I'm finding enjoyable. But yeah, unless you're dying to trade with people, you don't need to put a cent in.

Gundam Eclipse

True Demon Route
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
India

It will probably turn into a grindfest, but at least it's one I'm finding enjoyable. But yeah, unless you're dying to trade with people, you don't need to put a cent in.
Indeedy do, I absolutely love that fact about this game. You don't need any money to make the actual gameplay better or to be a competent player like in many other F2P games

DaggerV

Archmagi of the Emerald Moon
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This game had me so wet when I first heard it announced, playing with voodoo dolls and other bad juju to try and get this over seas, I guess it worked!

Bring on the new years, this year sucks anyways.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
After looking at gameplay vids, i'm surprised how good the game looks.

Previous PSO games bored the crap out of me with clunky/lame combat and uninteresting/restrictive terrain.
PSO2 looks completely different. I'll definitely be checking it out when it comes to NA.

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After all these years, they still haven't noticed the title's spelling error. Come on, guys, it isn't that hard. We have Spell Check now!

Zarcon

.:~Enigmatic Wanderer~:.
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
At first I wanted a localization.
Then I remembered how poorly SoA handled PSOBB and PSU.
We didn't get half the content updates Japan got and the ones we did get came months/years late.
...then they shut down the servers while the Japanese servers continued to flourish.

All the best to them, but I don't have much faith. Even comparing the English teaser site to the Japanese teaser site shows a disappointing lack of effort.

There are pretty fully featured guides out to help you join and play the JPN PSO2 if anyone wants to take a peak. The gameplay is nothing like the older games.
You can jump cancel, guard cancel, and dodge cancel moves. You definitely get the most fun playing as a Hunter, followed by a reckless Force. Ranger is pretty straightforward.
There's a standard view, a "z lock", and a third person view, all of which are better for doing certain things.
...you can jump.
There are random events that can happen, which include random boss monsters spawning to ruin your day...and more than one event can happen at once in the same area. Dragons, dragons everywhere. I just needed to kill some Rappies, oh god why.
There are multi-party zones where up to 12 players can be in at once (Three 4 party teams, twelve solo people, or any combination inbetween)

This is basically the perfect PSO.

Wanderman_Trigge

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
THIS GAME and/or a longer battery life (omong other things) will be the selling-point for me on this gen. hand-helds (megaman legends3 WOULD've been 3ds's BUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUTTTTTTTTTT.........................................)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Right onto uremums 3d printed dildo