OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
PSZ has anti-piracy, you cannot play with out people that are using LEGIT RETAIL cards... not online or wireless.

Fix soon?

Both on Xenophobia and Bahamut do not work.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What problem did you have? I haven't heard of any problems with it before...
And while playing around with the game it seemed like I would be able to play no problem (was able to search for games).

Smokexz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:
What problem did you have? I haven't heard of any problems with it before...
And while playing around with the game it seemed like I would be able to play no problem (was able to search for games).
The people you are playing with are most likely other card users like us...

I tried playing w/ my friend and it didn't work xD

Do you notice how LONG it takes to find someone online?

Atleast for me xD

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smokexz said:
I tried playing w/ my friend and it didn't work xDWell... what doesn't work?
Do you get any errors? Does it just not find people?

QUOTE(Smokexz @ Nov 12 2009, 09:22 PM) Do you notice how LONG it takes to find someone online?
I think that's partly to do with the blazing fast WiFi that the DS has... It's just so fast that you think it's slow.

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
This what I found about using the crack patch.
You need to use the cracked version if you want to play online with friends. We done some major testing yesterday and we found that using a version that is clean does not allow you to see everyone on your friend list. Everyone seems to get split into 2 groups:

Group 1
Cyclo DS Evolution / Official Game Users

Group 2
All other flashcard users

We found this out by people using different flashcards and we couldn't see each other online. The cyclo ds users couldnt see the R4/G6/M3 users and vice versa. Using the cracked version on the R4/G6/M3 flash cards allowed them to be seen by the official/cyclo ds users.

dai-a

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah I couldn't play online on my DS TT. It wouldn't find anyone
frown.gif

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is this a Wi-Fi Problem? Because if it is a Wi-Fi Problem on BAHAMUT version of the Game, then you're in luck. There's already a crack for the game that Passed the Wi-Fi Problem. [The Problem was that even though you can connect to Wi-Fi and have Friend Codes AND joined a party, the People would not show up as online when it's supposed to say online if that person was online.] Ah, sorry, but I forgot the Link for the patch :l

Caineghis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
i played online just a few mins ago with my dstt and it took some times to get someone online, but it did find 3 more ppls, so i could play without much problem, i have the bahamut version btw

mixinluv2u

Trophies
Website
www.glowsticking.com
XP
Country
United States
taken said:
You need to use the cracked version if you want to play online with friends. We done some major testing yesterday and we found that using a version that is clean does not allow you to see everyone on your friend list. Everyone seems to get split into 2 groups:

Group 1

Group 2

We found this out by people using different flashcards and we couldn't see each other online. The cyclo ds users couldnt see the R4/G6/M3 users and vice versa. Using the cracked version on the R4/G6/M3 flash cards allowed them to be seen by the official/cyclo ds users.
Does this mean Cyclo users do not need to patch and should see everyone (who is connecting on correctly)? If Cyclo users patched their game, can they see R4/G6/M3 users who have not patched their games?

How about Acekards?

shineek

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Poland
do you guys even visit such sites as ds-scene.net?? they wrote that for both release you need a special patch , or you cant see other ppl online , i patched my rom and it works fine

Jei

Translator and romhacker wannabe
Trophies
Website
space.offgamers.com
XP
Country
Brazil
taken said:

Group 1

Group 2

So the XPA version does allow to play online with all the people, both legit and flashcarted ones?

In that case... is there any nointro patch for the XPA release? I've been playing the Bahamut one because of that
unsure.gif

taken

Trophies
XP
Country
mixinluv2u said:
taken said:

Group 1

Group 2

Does this mean Cyclo users do not need to patch and should see everyone (who is connecting on correctly)? If Cyclo users patched their game, can they see R4/G6/M3 users who have not patched their games?

How about Acekards?

The cyclo ds evo user do not need the crack. Only the others R4/G6/M3 users.

twiztidsinz

Taiju Yamada Fan
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Bahamut's Patch: http://filetrip.net/f8673-Phantasy-Star-O-...-Patch-1-0.html
Xenophobia: http://filetrip.net/f8660-Phantasy-Star-O-Crack-Fix-1-0.html

I'd suggest getting Bahamut's ROM/Patch as it seems XPA is not only incompetent and releases a bad ROM, but will downplay that fact AND bash Bahamut:
Xenophobia said:
This patch is for our own release of the game and not the BAHAMUT version, which is in our opinion invalid. Yes we made a mistake and missed some completely BLANK data from the end of the cart, but it affects nothing and is 100% playable, the FF bytes can be put back easily if you wish even.
If it affected nothing and was 100% playable, then why did so many people have issue with the ROM?

Jei said:
So the XPA version does allow to play online with all the people, both legit and flashcarted ones?

In that case... is there any nointro patch for the XPA release? I've been playing the Bahamut one because of that
unsure.gif
Nope.. Both cards need a patch for online play with Non-Cyclo(?) cards.
XPA's just has that crappy intro.

Smokexz

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
twiztidsinz said:

I'd suggest getting Bahamut's ROM/Patch as it seems XPA is not only incompetent and releases a bad ROM, but will downplay that fact AND bash Bahamut:
Xenophobia said:
This patch is for our own release of the game and not the BAHAMUT version, which is in our opinion invalid. Yes we made a mistake and missed some completely BLANK data from the end of the cart, but it affects nothing and is 100% playable, the FF bytes can be put back easily if you wish even.
If it affected nothing and was 100% playable, then why did so many people have issue with the ROM?

Jei said:

unsure.gif

Bahamut patch tested with friend that has legitimate card: NOT WORKING, DOES NOT WORK XPA IS INDEED RIGHT
Xenophobia patch tested with friend that has legitimate card: WORKS
smile.gif
the stupid intro is not really a bother xD.

legitimate card meaning the real retail copy from USA...

enjoy!

CLOSE PLX

injected11

Crescent Fresh™
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Smokexz said:
twiztidsinz said:

Xenophobia said:

Jei said:

unsure.gif

Bahamut patch tested with friend that has legitimate card: NOT WORKING, DOES NOT WORK XPA IS INDEED RIGHT
Xenophobia patch tested with friend that has legitimate card: WORKS
smile.gif
the stupid intro is not really a bother xD.

legitimate card meaning the real retail copy from USA...

enjoy!

CLOSE PLX
The BAHAMUT patch is based off of the Xenophobia patch. It even still has the Xenophobia cracktro. If it didn't work, you did something wrong.

Falkentyne

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last person who asked this was ignored
frown.gif

So I'll ask it again for him since I want to know too;

Can ACEKARD users play with legit (and cyclo DS) cart owners with an unpatched (clean) Rom?
Was ANY of the testing done with an acekard?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*