Persona Q2 gets first trailer, will include cast from Persona 3, 4, 5

When Atlus announced the sequel to the 3DS's Persona Q, it was left merely as a teaser, and had no gameplay shown. Now, months later, the first trailer for the game has been revealed, showing off both cutscenes and gameplay. Cast members from Persona 3, 4, and 5 were all shown, along with a surprise reveal that the Persona 3 Portable female main character would also be included. Persona Q2: New Cinema Labyrinth is a Japanese 3DS exclusive, and will launch on November 29. There is no localization currently announced, however all previous Persona spinoff games have made it to the west at this point.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
If that's the gameplay @ 0:36, then I'm definitely looking forward to this one. I'm not a fan of the gameplay on the first one. It's like etrian odyssey, not a fan of that gameplay.

vincentx77

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So... motherfucking... hype!!!
Seriously, though, I thought Persona Q was a good game, and with a few tweaks it could've been a great one. Hopefully we get there this time. My only concern is that they have to balance the game around three different casts, and if Aegis is playable, she'll most likely just break the game again.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i liked PQ but i got stuck in one of the last dungeons i think, a place full of machos with oily tiles , i was frustrated at the end and just quit it.

(i prefered PQ over etrian , etrian has great ost. but for some reason i disliked the pacing of the games.)

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm actually surprised this is still coming out. They kept silence about this for so long i thought they had secretely cancelled it and waited for everyone to brush it off. Hope it gets localized (and hope this is has better mechanics than the first one, and is less boring. The first one could be quite fun, but was REALLY repetitive. I ddin't like it a lot. So much i didn't even get in the middle of the game)

Dudamax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not bashing on the etrian map gameplay style, but coming from Persona first I find that the pacing was slower than what I was used to. Hopefully it's dungeon crawling gameplay resembles the main series Persona games.

DS1

Tired
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hated the first one, looking forward to this.

I'm just here for the character fluff more than anything. I feel like Etrian's copied gameplay style was a slog, every character was just a trope, and it was generally boring. But it had fantastic music, and I mean, I just am hardwired to say yes to more Persona. I also really don't like the Persona 5 cast, and I don't think the game can hold up full casts from 3 mainline games.

Yeah it's saying a lot when P5s best character was the silent protag.

duwen

Old Man Toad
Trophies
Website
www.exophase.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a big Atlus/MegaTen fan, but I could never get into the Etrian games so I found PQ became a chore pretty quickly. Hoping they change up the gameplay for this one. If it played like Soul Hackers or even Conception I'd be beyond stoked.

I bet the NA version will be on switch

Lol - so you think they won't translate the 3DS game for 3DS, but instead they'll create a whole new port for the Switch? For a game that's dual screen mechanics are a big part of the gameplay? Dream on.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://www.keepretro.com/products/miyoo-a30