OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's another rant post that I'd like to share. I always get wronged by my own opinions or answers to solutions on video game forums, even though I try to get everything right by doing research first but I still get bombarded with those who call my words "incorrect", "that's not true", or "I kindly disagree", even though they mean it literally.

I am happy to take all forms of criticism, but if you're going to carry on spreading misinformation, YOU are the one who should do research first beforehand. Correcting misinformation is good, because we wouldn't have to gatekeep everything into one place.

Last edited by SylverReZ,

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: BigOnYa

HextarVigar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
And you're wrong to be angry at us. Look into yourself and find the calmness within you.

Be the bigger... whatever you are. Or something

Trophies
XP
I can understand correcting the misinformation, but it really does suck when they're rude about it. Just a calm correction can help, but unfortunately people like to get smug about it :')

(although the issue would be solved if people would research before posting a question- but I think that age of the internet is gone x3)

I hope it stops being as bad for you in that regard though, and that you have a good rest of your day / night.

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I can understand correcting the misinformation, but it really does suck when they're rude about it. Just a calm correction can help, but unfortunately people like to get smug about it :')

(although the issue would be solved if people would research before posting a question- but I think that age of the internet is gone x3)

I hope it stops being as bad for you in that regard though, and that you have a good rest of your day / night.
Thanks for the kind words. ☺️

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not to be that guy but,

"but if you're going to carry on correcting misinformation, YOU are the one who should do research first beforehand."

I think you must have typed this out wrong? Correcting misinformation is right and proper

Perhaps you mean they are attempting to correct something, but in actuality spreading misinformation?

The way it's written now makes it seem like you're upset people are setting the record straight and dispelling misinformation

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Not to be that guy but,

"but if you're going to carry on correcting misinformation, YOU are the one who should do research first beforehand."

I think you must have typed this out wrong? Correcting misinformation is right and proper

Perhaps you mean they are attempting to correct something, but in actuality spreading misinformation?

The way it's written now makes it seem like you're upset people are setting the record straight and dispelling misinformation
Okay, fixed. My sincere apologies if I've written it differently. I understand why some people are mad.

Reactions: BigOnYa and x65943

SylverReZ

Dat one with the Rez
OP
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Best thing you can do is to realise it's just the internet and not to take it so seriously
You're right. I just simply don't reply and that's about it. The 'Ignore' button on GBAtemp is very useful for that purpose. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto